Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Any of you tried learning an instrument (Piano)

kingturtle

kingturtle

Currycel * Autist * 4-inch dicklet * Fascist
-
I am teaching myself piano (as lessons are far too expensive). I bought a lighted-key keyboard (the keys light up, and you hit them to make music). I also purchased a book to learn from. total cost was like $250, not expensive.

I am enjoying it thus far. It seems to help with my depression and attention problems. Have any of you tried this? Did it work out?

I haven't tried learning piano but I have some experience with guitar. When I bought my guitar, I had bought a beginners book on it. Completing the beginners book gave me a good foundation to go to another more advanced book on country music which I'm currently on now. I can say it did work out.

Taking lessons is pretty useful as well though, there are certain things that you will have trouble correcting yourself or mistakes that you didn't even know you were making.

I never played any instruments but I like classical music. And if you will get good you can post your music here on the forum. :feelstrash::feelsautistic:

I'm learning to play guitar. I have a private instructor, but he kind of just takes my money and I don't learn much. I mostly fail because I don't practice enough though.

Uhhh... but I'm working harder now, and plan to be a performer with a year. Hopefully I can ascend. But I doubt it. I guess you won't hear from me if I ascend, and you'll see me on the news if I don't.

What am I saying! Of course I'll be a performer and ascend! How could I doubt fate?

I went to music school for 6 years,but I haven't played my guitar in years.

It's a good thing,but like everything else it gets boring after a while.

I haven't tried learning piano but I have some experience with guitar. When I bought my guitar, I had bought a beginners book on it. Completing the beginners book gave me a good foundation to go to another more advanced book on country music which I'm currently on now. I can say it did work out.

Taking lessons is pretty useful as well though, there are certain things that you will have trouble correcting yourself or mistakes that you didn't even know you were making.
That is good to know. I used to take piano lessons, so I do know the basic movements, notes, etc. I know they have a lot of lessons on YouTube and Udemy.

I am trying to teach myself famous songs. I was always fascinated by piano, but never got around to it. I have read that it makes you smarter as well, so that is a plus.
I'm learning to play guitar. I have a private instructor, but he kind of just takes my money and I don't learn much. I mostly fail because I don't practice enough though.

Uhhh... but I'm working harder now, and plan to be a performer with a year. Hopefully I can ascend. But I doubt it. I guess you won't hear from me if I ascend, and you'll see me on the news if I don't.

What am I saying! Of course I'll be a performer and ascend! How could I doubt fate?

I learned trumpet and was in my middle and high schools band. Going to be learning Electric Guitar soon.

I learned trumpet and was in my middle and high schools band. Going to be learning Electric Guitar soon.
Good choice but i want to recommend you to try the bass if you can.

I wish I could play piano. My great-grandmother was an university piano professor, but she died when I was a kid and my family sold her pianos.

too low iq to learn an instrument or language tbh

and you'll see me on the news if I don't.

:feelsbaton::feelsbaton:

I have tried to learn the piano but I lost interest

I'm too low effort to learn playing an instrument.

I had lessons when I was a kid and I could figure out how to play any song chords that I wanted to play. It brought me hours of fun but I think music is evil now and best avoided.