Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR Anyone else not good at anything?

TheHaircutBrother

TheHaircutBrother

Banned
-
I have no talent or skillz whatsoever. I tried being good at guitar but it didn't work. I have been playing for 10 years. In the past 3 years I have tried practicing seriously with a metronome, increase my speed and be OP. It never worked.

About 3 months ago, I made a valiant effort to learn the Symphony of Destruction solo from Megadeth. I would practice it 8 hours a day with the metronome for 2 months. And it was a struggle since I would constantly think about the fact that I will never get a 7/10 med girl so it took me more willpower and energy to concentrate. I eventually reached 112bpm and the next day I couldn't play it all. Like wtf? How is this shit possible?

I came to the conclusion that even stuff like guitar that supossedly needs practice to master, in reality, it have more to do with gene based talent and little to do with hard work. I quitted it, put my gear on the basement and never looked back.

Now I play my father's bass, upside down cause I'm left handed. It's a bit easier to grasp than guitar since there is no medium(pick) but knowing myself, I will quit it eventually because inceldom always gets the best of me. I'm a talentless pice of shit I guess.

Not good at anything, but I am average in a lot of things.

Yeah, I'm not got at anything either. Most people aren't good at anything; they are just adequate at some things.

OP are you me? Also tried guitar. Extremely passionate about music but couldn't even play the most simple riffs right. I also suck ass at everything and have no talent whatsoever.

Yep, I have no skills or talents in anything.

I'm a talentless failure.

OP are you me? Also tried guitar. Extremely passionate about music but couldn't even play the most simple riffs right. I also suck ass at everything and have no talent whatsoever.
It's all in the genes sadly

I can certainly relate. I am very good at learning songs by ear and analyzing music but I struggle with performing smoothly. Especially when I am feeling anxious or depressed. Playing guitar, especially metal, requires you to be relaxed, yet intensely focused at the same time. It is like catching lightening in a bottle. Part of the problem is that I have small hands, so stretches and hard bends are a challenge.

I can certainly relate. I am very good at learning songs by ear and analyzing music but I struggle with performing smoothly. Especially when I am feeling anxious or depressed. Playing guitar, especially metal, requires you to be relaxed, yet intensely focused at the same time. It is like catching lightening in a bottle. Part of the problem is that I have small hands, so stretches and hard bends are a challenge.
I agree on the relaxed yet focused part. It's impossible to have such state of mind as an incel unless you have natural talent.

I agree on the relaxed yet focused part. It's impossible to have such state of mind as an incel unless you have natural talent.
Sad thing is, I was on the verge at becoming good at guitar. However, my desperation for women got the best of me, and I ended up stopping to exclusively focus on learning PUA. While I've fallen even deeper in love with metal music over the years, my enthusiasm for playing guitar never quite returned.

Sad thing is, I was on the verge at becoming good at guitar. However, my desperation for women got the best of me, and I ended up stopping to exclusively focus on learning PUA. While I've fallen even deeper in love with metal music over the years, my enthusiasm for playing guitar never quite returned.
I thought I had done it at some point. I could play the dam solo at a good speed. An next day, it was all gone and it never came back.

I thought I had done it at some point. I could play the dam solo at a good speed. An next day, it was all gone and it never came back.
The pressure of trying to recapture a perfect moment is bound to fail. It was already hard enough before, and the extra pressure makes you tight.

Talent and genetics is everything for literally anything. Nobody at the top is a regular guy that worked hard theyre a born with necessary inclinations and talent

Damn. Have you considered getting a tutor? I mean, you'd think you'd eventually get it, just due to muscle memory.
His main problem is lack of focus and motivation (due to being incel). If he had a gf, I'm sure he'd be shredding away like he used to.

His main problem is lack of focus and motivation (due to being incel). If he had a gf, I'm sure he'd be shredding away like he used to.
I never shredded at any point. I just managed to reach 80% of the solo's speed
Talent and genetics is everything for literally anything. Nobody at the top is a regular guy that worked hard theyre a born with necessary inclinations and talent
I hate nature

That's very essential part of bluepill "just find your talent or something you're good at bro". The vast majority of people aren't really good or talented at anything, they are just average or little above/below.

That's very essential part of bluepill "just find your talent or something you're good at bro". The vast majority of people aren't really good or talented at anything, they are just average or little above/below.
Just like looks, talent is all in the genes.