Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Anyone else prefer watching playthroughs over actually playing video games?

TheHumanFactor

TheHumanFactor

Nature is evil and evil is natural
-
Every time I play a game I'm always so focused and competitive that I can't really enjoy it. It becomes some sort of labor to me.

Watching others play it and I can focus on the colors of it world, "feel" the atmosphere, get a certain feeling out of it that I cannot get as a player.

Instead of being a form of escapism it has become a form of OCD. I'm alwas so stressed about beating the level, killign the bos, getting the rewards and generally, finish the fuckking game.

for some reason i've always enjoyed how focused i am when i play games. I like the feeling of "mastering" a game once i've gotten really good. especially in multiplayer games, i like beating other people and winning

for some reason i've always enjoyed how focused i am when i play games. I like the feeling of "mastering" a game once i've gotten really good. especially in multiplayer games, i like beating other people and winning

wow you like winning??

watching play through and having someone commentate

Anyone prefer watching a guy fuck your girlfriend then actually doing it?

Sometimes I do, but only because games nowadays demand so much attention to detail that it feels like work.

With games like that I watch silent streams, since I can’t stand the cringe of some dude trying desperately to sound like a badass by repeating swear words and ruining the game’s atmosphere.

Most the time I just want to see the boss fights and ending, so I rather watch a pro take care of it. But there are games like Mario Kart and Street fighter and shooting games I like to play myself.

I used to (with Pokemon "hack" videos), now I just do what I can.

Only when I'm tired, or need new ideas for the game. I hate playing when tired, because I am more likely to lose and get pissed.

I used to do that heaps during 2013-2015. I just like them and liked the personality of the gamers, also was tired because I worked more back then and couldn't really handle the work doing 8 hours a day made me tired the rest of the day. Now I prefer gaming unless I am cold it's winter here, or depressed, probably gonna play some games soon.
Forgot to say I mainly watch Rad Brad who is kind of a Chad, but his voice sounds great,don't really watch his videos anymore, I noticed that watching games is too forgettable but playing single player games is memorable. Also used to watch hot girls like SSSniperwold play COD multiplayer games before I realized I was an incel.

Watching instead of actually playing is pure SÖY. Cuckoldry. Beta(ness?). If a game is really that hard, just lower the difficulty. If it's overwhelming just take a break from it and resume playing later. I will admit playthroughs can come in handy when you get stuck tho.

Only if the game is shitty. Otherwise I prefer to experience a game for the first time myself.

I'm at that point where I watch let's plays more than actually gaming