Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Haven't played video games in 8 months thinking of playing again

wasted12years

wasted12years

Overlord
★★★★★
I have a small urge to start playing video/PC games again, but i'm afraid i'll get depressed or that my dopamine will be ruined. It's also like a time machine, time goes by very fast when you're playing a game. I don't know what to do. The only games i've been playing alot in the past are HOMM2 and 3. I have no interest in any other games. I feel the same as like when you haven't drank alcohol in a year and you want to start drinking again but you know it's not worth it even if it's fun...

why is it not worth it? are you in college and want to focus on your studies?

No but i'm afraid my mental health will worsen.
if you're an adult with a job then just play a videogame. Who cares if time passes by, if your bills are paid then its all good.

Play some retro games or indie games bro. They are not as time conuming for the most part.

Playing videogames is not harmful unless you are playing 12 hours a day.

Why are u comparing it to drinking poison.

Anyways if u think it will harm your mental health then dont do it and find another cope

Do it, why not?

All we can do is cope, so just vidyamaxx

I feel the same as like when you haven't drank alcohol in a year and you want to start drinking again but you know it's not worth it even if it's fun...
True story regards drinking; I'm staying sober. I don't think video games will fuck you up too much though.

counter strike 2 is pretty fun

its mindless as hell but still great way to kill time

counter strike 2 is pretty fun

its mindless as hell but still great way to kill time
I used to play CS 1.6, 20 years ago. That's the only one i've played.