Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Anyone feel like there was a major shift in 2021?

sinclair_silence

sinclair_silence

Mogged by Flies
★★★
For me, 2020 was the year when I really first remember becoming discontented with not having a girlfriend. By the end of that year my overall mentality was vastly different from at the beginning. Then in the opening days of 2021 (as I explained in another post) I found MTW by ER, thus beginning my long and painful journey to opening an account here a few months ago.

Another thing I recall vividly was how the new year's 2021 felt like waking up in an afterlife—never felt that way about any new year's prior or since.

You could probably chalk some of this up to 2020 being such a radical year with the Covid pandemic and racial chaos, and 2021 was the first full year within this new global landscape.

Wondering if anyone has thoughts/perspectives on all this.

nah, in fact i forget 2021 even happened

For me, 2020 was the year when I really first remember becoming discontented with not having a girlfriend. By the end of that year my overall mentality was vastly different from at the beginning.
For me it was early 2015.

For me, it was 2023. In 2020, COVID started, and it was clear I was robbed of my middle 20s. It was like the end came sooner than it should have, but I felt the full effect later. Anyway, it was over after high school. Things only got worse and worse after high school, but I was coping with hope.

I will never see society in the same light after covid. Fucking normies going ER and forcing people to wear masks and getting vaxxed. Now they act like nothing happened, but I will never forget about it. The brutal thing is that covid just made normie nature more evident, it’s always been there.

Other major shifts were 9/11 and the popularity of social media around 2012.

Some people talk about a shift in 2014/15/18 too, but I didn’t feel any change. Same butt fuck world like before.

there was a major shift with #MeToo. I feel like there is a major shift right now, this existential dread over nihilistic loneliness amidst AI armeggeddon.

And as much as people cope by saying shit like OH THATS YEARS AWAY BRO. There is material economic impact happening rapidly with tons of white collar jobs, whether that be in tech, or law, or accounting getting axed. Just anecdotally, Ive been noticing people on linked in getting axed at rates I've never seen in my entire life

Last edited:
For me it's 2020

kidcel alert. obviously 2020 was a big change to everyone's routine, but there were endless disruptions before that. worst was probably when mobile phones and online dating took off in the mid 2000s, and got turbocharged with apps in 2012. women just got completely used to the idea of having a huge list of men in their phones and computers for picking a mate, rather than just talking to guys in the neighborhood or at school.

that's not even getting into how women have been angry hateful whores since the 90s or so, and the only way to not have noticed this was to be at least a 6/10 man or just incredibly ignorant.
i remember growing up in the late 90s and early 00s and it was already impossible to have a calm positive experience with girls, they would always find some trivial reason to turn on you, and behave as if you needed to be kicked out of the tribe.

I don't know... around 2018 I felt like life got worse and everyone around me was an asshole / easily irritable, not to mention everyone was having Trump Derangement Syndrome like a bunch of pussies. Family got worse, the one friend I had as well as all my co-workers became retards. People suggest that Covid made everyone crazy, but I'd say it was right before it, but then Covid just made shit even messier. Since then, I just don't trust people anymore and don't want to associate with nobody.

I made this account in 2021