Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone here gotten LASIK?

Lil Draco

Lil Draco

Greycel
I plan to get it at 18, is it legit?

its legit, if you got the money you should get it.

eurocel said:
its legit, if you got the money you should get it.

How much should I be paying in total?

It depends I guess. How strong is your prescription? ( Because myopia can progress many years after the age of 18) Are you willing to live with the worst possible outcomes and risks ( Chronic dry eye syndrome? corneal ectasia,Halos?)

I definitely will, but I thought it shouldn't be done before 21.

A good doctor can minimise the risk by checking your eyes and especially your cornea but life destroying risks can always happen. You might get excluded from the surgery if your cornea is too thin ( They will do a topography to check that)

Facade said:
A good doctor can minimise the risk by checking your eyes and especially your cornea but life destroying risks can always happen. You might get excluded from the surgery if your cornea is too thin ( They will do a topography to check that)

Yeah I'll have a consultation at a place with good reviews.
I don't want to start college as a glassescel

Solitarian_Walker said:
I definitely will, but I thought it shouldn't be done before 21.

Read a reddit AMA by someone who performs the surgery and aparently only 3% of people's eyes grow after 18.
There will be vision changes but they overcorrect younger patients so they're farsighted for a short while

Facade said:
It depends I guess. How strong is your prescription?  ( Because myopia can progress many years after the age of 18) Are you willing to live with the worst possible outcomes and risks ( Chronic dry eye syndrome? corneal ectasia,Halos?)

I'm like 20/100
I can read only the 2nd row one one of those eye charts
The people who suffer complications are very few, I'm fine with taking such low chances

Facade said:
Get contacts and you will be fine. 18 is a little bit too young and your prescription might get worse.

I had contacts for a year and they're uneccesarily expensive and uncomfortable and I can't rub my eyes with them on.

I'm a Blackcel so I always felt glasses detract from any masculinity I might exude.
If I had to wear glassses for half of college I'd wear these
bc152f983eeb60955581f4ac1cbef5d6--men-eyeglasses-mens-eyewear.jpg

Not sure if those give off nerd/incel/uncle tom vibes
I want to seem NT and still masculine with glasses that don't cover my best features

Lil Draco said:

Get contacts and you will be fine. 18 is a little bit too young and your prescription might get worse.

Lil Draco said:

Read a reddit AMA by someone who performs the surgery and aparently only 3% of people's eyes grow after 18.
There will be vision changes but they overcorrect younger patients so they're farsighted for a short while

I'm like 20/100
The people who suffer complications are very few, I'm fine with taking such low chances

Alright then I hope it will be a success. I hope the place has actually a good rating and is not a lasik mill.

Lil Draco said:

I'm like 20/100

I had contacts for a year and they're uneccesarily expensive and uncomfortable and I can't rub my eyes with them on.

I'm a Blackcel so I always felt glasses detract from any masculinity I might exude.

I want to seem NT and still masculine with glasses that don't cover my best features

Never rub your eyes especially if you get a thinner and weaker cornea.

Do you have dry eyes regularly?

Facade said:
Lil Draco said:

I'm like 20/100

Alright then I hope it will be a success. I hope the place has actually a good rating and is not a lasik mill.

Lil Draco said:

I'm like 20/100

Never rub your eyes especially if you get a thinner and weaker cornea.
Do you have dry eyes regularly?

No my eyes are usually fine
Can you assess the NTness/acceptableness of the glassses I posted?

Lil Draco said:
No my eyes are usually fine
Can you assess the NTness/acceptableness of the glassses I posted?

It looks really NT for black guys.
nt.png

I think these are NT glasses for white guys but it could just be a halo effect due to his good looks

Apparently it makes everything look weird at night.

ArtoriasWolf said:
Apparently it makes everything look weird at night.

These are halos and they are common side effect. They disappear in most cases but they are also a common permanent side effect

nausea said:
are you completely out of mind?

That's a reasonable question. There are many lasik mills out there and people should be aware of side effects

Facade said:
That's a reasonable question.
so you out of mind too, sadly

get a grip on reality guys, just saying

nausea said:

I never said that I dislike or like lasik lol? I actually have experience with several eye surgeons who are also doing lasik. Yes it works but you need to be careful in selecting the right doctor and you'll need to accept every possible risk / outcome

I am not out of mind you just can't accept other opinions that well. You haven't made a single argument and insulting me is just retarded

i thought about it, but will just stick to glasses. Only ever need them when driving.

Facade said:
nausea said:
I never said that I dislike or like lasik lol? I actually have experience with several eye surgeons who are also doing lasik. Yes it works but you need to be careful in selecting the right doctor and you'll need to accept every possible risk / outcome
I am not out of mind you just can't accept other opinions that well. You haven't made a single argument and insulting me is just retarded
your arrogance isn't going to get me banned

nausea said:

I never wanted to get you banned??? I respect other opinions and free speech but I absolutely hate it when someone tries to insult me for my world views I don't think I'm arrogant because I don't even have self esteem. You called me out of mind and not vice versa

Facade said:
nausea said:
I never wanted to get you banned??? I respect other opinions and free speech but I absolutely hate it when someone tries to insult me for my world views I don't think I'm arrogant because I don't even have self esteem
nothing personal,obviously

nausea said:

I'm just trying to have a rational discussion here. I said be careful and not lasik is the devil

Facade said:
nausea said:
I'm just trying to have a rational discussion here. I said be careful and not lasik is the devil
as an act of courtesy, do not quote me anymore in such topics