Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Anyone into Star Citizen?

Dungcel

Dungcel

It's easier to talk to my PC
Have you played it? I might get into it because the game looks absolutely amazing, but it all seems like a HUGE commitment. What's with all the package buying, "insurance" and whatever? If my ship breaks do I have to pay 50USD for another one???

I've been watching a lot of Star Citizen gameplay, funnily enough. It looks like something I'd invest a ton of time into - alas, it is not complete and I do not engage with incomplete products.

No, you do not have to pay to fix your ship (not with real money). There are a lot of very expensive ships, however. The "black" market for that game is rather predatory, also.
Whats that, depict it to me in details

Is in singleplayer?

just another space game?

It is a do-as-you-please type of experience; both single and multiplayer are available.

Are you familiar with games like No Man's Sky? It is similar in the sense that it is a semi-realistic space exploration, sandbox sort of game. Infinite universe, full-scale generated planets; a plethora of spacecraft and game styles to choose from. Build a crew and roam the universe completing tasks and engaging in space warfare, or choose a more solitary single-player experience.

It has been in development for over a decade now, having raised over $500,000,000, mostly crowdfunded (the community is very devoted to this project). The project is very ambitious, as the devs wished to have a seamless experience (no loading screens anywhere), along with other aspirations (this meant building the engine and software from scratch).
Hmmmmmm.. looks pretty good, i admit, thank you

Have you played it? I might get into it because the game looks absolutely amazing, but it all seems like a HUGE commitment. What's with all the package buying, "insurance" and whatever? If my ship breaks do I have to pay 50USD for another one???
you need an incredibly powerful pc to run it, i was getting <5 fps and everything was broken with a i5 6600k, gtx1070 and 16gb ram. if you cant run it then try out elite dangerous, altho its got some Dev caused issues so dont invest much money imo

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back