Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Are you religious?

• Thread starter Deleted member 26140
  • Start date

What (non-) religion do you belong to?

• Christianity

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Islam

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • ((()))

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Atheism

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Agnosticism

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Who cares, gonna rope anyway

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Apatheism

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters
Deleted member 26140

Deleted member 26140

KHHV Supremacist
-
And if so, how does it affect your view on your inceldom?

I stopped believing in god as someone wrote "look at an indian and tell me that intelligent design in 'gods image' really exists"

Transcendent view

Apatheistic/apatheism

No because look at black ppl

I believe in the egg or something like that, who the fuck knows. I just realized once that everyone is kind of the same deep down, because if I had been raised a different way in a different place I'd be a different person but I'd still be myself.

I voted for gonna rope anyway tho since I will do it. And I hope I don't respawn, even if I wouldn't remember anything of this life. Existing is a pain, but I'm not sure if there is any other option than existing. At least dying will reset all memories of this life so that's better than nothing.

Agnostic as of now.

I highly respect traditional religions, despite their flaws, and I believe that there's a great amount of wisdom in their views on morality, asceticism, and letting some higher purpose give meaning to your life; I also think they are really helpful for people who feel hopeless, and give meaning to people who would probably rope without it.

Moreover, I really respect the art, theater, and theology / philosophy behind a lot of traditional religions; whether it's the Tridentine Mass for Roman Catholicism, the Byzantine Liturgy for Eastern Orthodox, the Oriental Orthodox liturgies, traditional Islamic prayer and Sufism, Buddhist and other East Asian (Daoism / Shintoism for example) rituals, Sikhism rituals, even traditional Orthodox Jewish rituals and cultural practices. While Hindu philosophy is interesting, the Hindu stories, gods, and rituals are disturbing to me, although that may be my inherent Christian First Commandment bias coming up.

I'm particularly biased raised in a particular monotheistic religion (Christianity), but I tend to think that despite how profound these religions are and what they say about human nature, they are at the end of the day "models" which, like academic models created by other humans, don't fully capture the complexities of human nature and have inherent flaws, such that I am incredibly skeptical.

I question how in Christianity, for example, pedophilia is seen as immoral given that many of the Apocryphal stories / tradition that we have of the Virgin Mary have her get pregnant at the age of 12, or how one reconciles the fact that God Himself in the Old Testament tells people "an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth" as a moral law and orders Israelite armies to kill entire nations of people, yet Jesus Himself, also God, explicitly rejects this precept as inadequate (rejects "an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth") and says "those who live by the sword die by the sword."

I question how in a lot of Eastern religions one can truly lead to "ego death" and self-denial when it seems that the quest for self-denial is in of itself a selfish desire.

I feel that it's likely not the case that any of them are true, but if I were to ever get married and ascend (lol), I would still raise my children in a religion to give them some morality and culture in their upbringing, but I would gradually allow them freedom to leave as they got older and give the "other side" of atheism to them.

At the same time, I don't have the hubris to definitively say that any of them are without a single doubt false. I find the belief that there is no supernatural behavior (that is, all the laws of physics, science, and nature are constant and uniformitarian throughout time), or the idea that matter is infinite or the belief that we are in a process of infinite bigg bangs is just as nonfalsifiable as a belief in God.

There may be some purpose, but I can't logically figure it out.

Last edited:
I am agnostic, I really can not determine if there is a god in this world or not. If there is one, he lacks empathy.

i have a hard time worshipping a jew

Agnostic as of now.

I highly respect traditional religions, despite their flaws, and I believe that there's a great amount of wisdom in their views on morality, asceticism, and letting some higher purpose give meaning to your life; I also think they are really helpful for people who feel hopeless, and give meaning to people who would probably rope without it.

Moreover, I really respect the art, theater, and theology / philosophy behind a lot of traditional religions; whether it's the Tridentine Mass for Roman Catholicism, the Byzantine Liturgy for Eastern Orthodox, the Oriental Orthodox liturgies, traditional Islamic prayer and Sufism, Buddhist and other East Asian (Daoism / Shintoism for example) rituals, Sikhism rituals, even traditional Orthodox Jewish rituals and cultural practices. While Hindu philosophy is interesting, the Hindu stories, gods, and rituals are disturbing to me, although that may be my inherent Christian First Commandment bias coming up.

I'm particularly biased raised in a particular monotheistic religion (Christianity), but I tend to think that despite how profound these religions are and what they say about human nature, they are at the end of the day "models" which, like academic models created by other humans, don't fully capture the complexities of human nature and have inherent flaws, such that I am incredibly skeptical.

I question how in Christianity, for example, pedophilia is seen as immoral given that many of the Apocryphal stories / tradition that we have of the Virgin Mary have her get pregnant at the age of 12, or how one reconciles the fact that God Himself in the Old Testament tells people "an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth" as a moral law and orders Israelite armies to kill entire nations of people, yet Jesus Himself, also God, explicitly rejects this precept as inadequate (rejects "an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth") and says "those who live by the sword die by the sword."

I question how in a lot of Eastern religions one can truly lead to "ego death" and self-denial when it seems that the quest for self-denial is in of itself a selfish desire.

I feel that it's likely not the case that any of them are true, but if I were to ever get married and ascend (lol), I would still raise my children in a religion to give them some morality and culture in their upbringing, but I would gradually allow them freedom to leave as they got older and give the "other side" of atheism to them.

At the same time, I don't have the hubris to definitively say that any of them are without a single doubt false. I find the belief that there is no supernatural behavior (that is, all the laws of physics, science, and nature are constant and uniformitarian throughout time), or the idea that matter is infinite or the belief that we are in a process of infinite bigg bangs is just as nonfalsifiable as a belief in God.

There may be some purpose, but I can't logically figure it out.

Trying to become a Catholic but struggling to curb some sinful habits (excessive drinking and masturbating)

I wish I was religious so I can cope by thinking I will get rewarded in the afterlife

Muslim. As for how it impacts my inceldom, it definitly makes it more tolerable, as I view this as a permanent test I need to get through in life. Afterlife and the strong emphasis on family/community in Islam also helps ward off the lonliness.

Religion is very low IQ, so no, also Atheist/Agnostic here.

Nolossus Hamsexlossus.

A bit apatheistic currently

I'm scared of even thinking about religion at this point because I'm so morally torn tbh

i used to pray and the exact opposite would happen

never heard of apatheism but that nails my attitude towards religion

Christian :feelsautistic: Though I am not Protestant or Catholic

My favorite religion is a branch of hinduism but i keep myself as highly skeptical.