Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Barriers to entry is a more helpful concept of the blackpill than "it's over for______"

• Thread starter Defetivecuckachu
  • Start date
Defetivecuckachu

Defetivecuckachu

His name's Air Bud, and he's shredding our defense
★★★★★
So much blackpill related discussion on here, is based on a concept of the blackpill, that says there are certain qualities in a man that will 100% write him off in the eyes of all women. You could call this concept of the blackpill "It's over for some absolutes."

The main competitor idea seems to be the concept of the blackpill that is based on PSL scores. Everyone knows his or her SMV, and everyone navigates market forces with a clear concept of how low they will go. You could call this concept of the blackpill "it's over for sub-X."

Both of these concepts have their roots firmly bedded in lookism, and ignore the reality that there is a bit more to it than what either of those concepts would suggest.

It's no secret that many people on here are very sensitive to stories of the form "but my brother's ugly roommate scores all the time", or "but my curry neighbour has a blonde Becky girlfriend". IMHO the only thing wrong with those arguments - and the TRUE reason they piss us off - is that INVARIABLY these anecdotes are used to support an argument that contains a basic formal fallacy. An observation of one uggo who slays, does nothing to refute the obvious truth that many uggos do not slay. An observation of one blonde Becky who fucks a curry BF, does nothing to refute the obvious truth that most curries are not attracting blonde Beckies.

And brocels who are honest, know they hate hearing these anecdotes about outliers, because almost everyone you meet in the real world has one. Hell, I'm a 41yo, would-be khhv, if it were not for hookers. And my best mate from way back in high school is a slayer, a shagger, a serial cheater, and just generallya walking rebuttal of the naive, simplistic claim that women just don't fuck ugly dudes.

So the reason we hate hearing about your ugly cousin who scores all the time, is because we know it's true, and that's confronting.

But I suggest that these outliers aren't inconsistent with a realistic blackpilled understanding of reality. They are merely inconsistent with dumb, overly simplistic caricatures of blackpilled understanding that we need to be using a lot less than we are.

So the blackpill isn't wrong, but many of these dumb, weak approximations of the blackpill that we throw around like mantras may be wrong. And any truly sensible, truly grown-up, blackpilled understanding of reality needs to acknowledge that there's more going on in the dating and sex marketplace than our snappy one-liners about "It's over for X."

I would suggest that it's more helpful to think about barriers to entry. We are familiar with barriers to entry, from every other field of life. A skinny, weak kid might well get on the most junior grade football team. He might even hang in there for a while, if he works really hard. The niggers playing street basketball aren't going to welcome some short ass white kid whose mommy dropped him off at the court. A kid who just scrapes through high school with passing grades, might get accepted to Engineering School. But he's going to be in for a mighty struggle. Meanwhile, in his class at engineering school there is doubtless at least one Autismo who aces the book work and the exams, but lacks direction in life and fails completely to impress any employment agents and recruiters.

And so it is for us. All of us are running into barriers against entry (to pussy, sex, relationships, marriage, insert particular romantic wishes here) that other people are able to overcome. My ugly mate fucked heaps of women when we were young, because he's extremely charismatic and seems to always know the right thing to say to make people feel like they're at the centre of an exciting time.

That means looks are a barrier that some men can overcome.

It doesn't mean looks aren't a barrier, and it certainly doesn't mean we are wrong in recognizing that looks are a barrier. Just as race, height, wealth, neurotypicality, sense of humor, gregariousness, power, are all barriers. If the barriers in your life are too big for you, its fair that you might feel some regret and frustration about that. (No matter what the haters say.)

That's also why I think it's helpful to keep a small germ of bluepilled optimism alive, provided you keep it well tempered with sensible blackpilled expectations. If looks, height, race etc are difficult barriers to entry and not absolute boundary conditions, then you never really know that tomorrow you won't become one of those outliers somebody else talks about. The blackpill says you probably won't, and you should have sensible expectations for the sake of your own mental health. But I think blurting out dumb slogans like "It's over for X" is every bit as much of a fallacy as saying "my ugly curry roommate has a gf,that means you have no excuse silly inkwell!"

(No TL/DR. Learn to read, or fuck off :feelsEhh: )

Last edited:
These barriers of entry are increasingly getting higher, and you'll find the ways to get around them are eroding or plain old extremely difficult to achieve (things like being a recent immigrant, just be first-maxxing, jestermaxxing, plain old exceptions, etc... :feelsjuice:

I don't see a problem with saying "it's over for X" as usually it's quite realistic or light-hearted message hinting towards the barrier even though it may be somewhat of a generalization. :feelshehe:

That's also why I think it's helpful to keep a small germ of bluepilled optimism alive, provided you keep it well tempered with sensible blackpilled expectations.
:yes::D