Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

BRICS new members seem weird

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Anti-western copers constantly say that one day BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) will defeat the US global economic hegemony and we will enter into a new era where countries won't be tied to the US economic policy, debt, everyone will be more independent, etc. However their new members seem weird and I don't see how they are going to help with that:
Interactive_BRICS-new-members-01-1692870442.jpg

-Argentina: The country is an economic mess (even more than in the past) and if Milei wins he will become best buddies with the US and wants to replace the local currency by dollars kek.
-Egypt: This one is alright and it's one of the most developed African countries but I don't see how they could become a superpower or affect the global economy.
-Ethiopia: Very poor, it recently was in a civil war, surrounded by dangerous neighbors
-Iran: I think they added this one just to piss off the US tbh another country so isolated and with economic sanctions
-Saudi Arabia: They hate Iran and they're good friends with the US so again who made this decision. Also their army is a mess who keeps fucking up in Yemen.
-UAE: The whole country is a theme park for influencers and tiktok whores with zero relevance in the global economy except that their airport is a kinda popular hub for commercial flights

To be honest I'd rather have my savings in euros or dollars than any of those countries' currencies... And if they made a common currency, I wouldn't buy it either. China is always devaluating their currency to export more.

I mean, depends how you look at it. This entire expansion seems to have been aimed at getting major oil producers (Saudi Arabia, UAE and Iran are the 2nd, 7th and 8th biggest one in the world respectively) in, while increasing their influence in the Red Sea Area, with Argentina added because Brazil heavily promoted its membership and likely insisted on it being a part of any ascension, not to mention that its ascension would anchor BRICS even more heavily in LatAm.

OPECBRICS

if Milei wins he will become best buddies with the US and wants to replace the local currency by dollars kek.
Yeah, this one will be interesting to watch. The question is how far he will go once the reality of Argentina's situation is. Its trade with China is quite large, after all, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was done partly to tie the hands of any future Argentinian president even further.

-Egypt: This one is alright and it's one of the most developed African countries but I don't see how they could become a superpower or affect the global economy.
They aren't going to be a superpower, but have a decent potential nevertheless. They are a modestly powerful country, control the Suez, and recently apparently became the first African country that created its own satellite and sent it to space, though with China's help.

-Ethiopia: Very poor, it recently was in a civil war, surrounded by dangerous neighbors
More control and presence in the Red Sea Area. Their neighbourhood might not be ideal, but they are still stronger than any of their neighbours and really, only another civil war could screw them up, while having good relations with them is key for anyone hoping to project influence in East Africa.

-Iran: I think they added this one just to piss off the US tbh another country so isolated and with economic sanctions
Iran is already in the SCO and is one of Russia's closest partners, if not the very closest. Them getting in was basically a given, even discounting the speculations from tankies that BRICS and SCO will be merged with how many overlapping members they have,

-Saudi Arabia: They hate Iran and they're good friends with the US so again who made this decision. Also their army is a mess who keeps fucking up in Yemen.
They are being heavily courted by China, with the trade between the two already being almost twice as big as the trade between the US and the Saudis, and still quickly rising.

China and Saudi have had strong economic ties for decades, thanks to China's insatiable appetite for Saudi oil. Trade between the two countries was worth more than $106 billion in 2022, a 30% rise from the previous year, according to Saudi government figures. This compares to $55 billion in US-Saudi trade.

Plus, they also have other types of cooperation, such as the Saudi counterpart to ChatGPT being created by a lab mostly staffed by Chinese researchers, which I'd happily bet that that entire affair is heavily watched by the MSS:feelshaha:.

-UAE: The whole country is a theme park for influencers and tiktok whores with zero relevance in the global economy except that their airport is a kinda popular hub for commercial flights
Pretty much the same as the Saudis, plus, as I've mentioned, they are one of the world's major oil producers.

Argentina had a great potential 100 years ago.

well hey its a start aint it? lol the more the better.

slowly but surely without a doubt. with membership comes responsibility and it'll take some time.

america's days are numbered both domestically and internationally. its actually quite obvious and some intellectuals are saying the same thing which is that america is in decline.

the de-dollarization is probably gonna take some time but its only a matter of when.

Last edited:
Anti-western copers constantly say that one day BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) will defeat the US global economic hegemony and we will enter into a new era where countries won't be tied to the US economic policy, debt, everyone will be more independent, etc. However their new members seem weird and I don't see how they are going to help with that:
Interactive_BRICS-new-members-01-1692870442.jpg

-Argentina: The country is an economic mess (even more than in the past) and if Milei wins he will become best buddies with the US and wants to replace the local currency by dollars kek.
Atleast give the organization more foothold in south America
Egypt is regional power
? Yeah poor but has seen rapid growth and investment from China
Iran is cooperation with Russia and oil
And oil and end the petrodollar
Lol such a reductionist take
Dubai is the city of the future
To be honest I'd rather have my savings in euros or dollars than any of those countries' currencies... And if they made a common currency, I wouldn't buy it either. China is always devaluating their currency to export more.
True but if you seen economy growth over the last 10 years in all these countries has been steady and has less inflation vs the USA

i dont like that, its the commie countries uniting, nothing good about it

IMG 20230825 083208 911
plus thanks Vargas, Roosevelt and Churchil for team up with commies
Screenshot 20230821 103920 671

Populations in 2020 of Jan-1, 2024 new Brics full member countries..

Ethiopia: 117,191,000
Egypt: 100,604,000
Iran: 83,220,000

Argentina: 45,376,000
Saudi Arabia: 35,997,000
United Arab Emirates: 9,282,000

Sum: 391,670,000

I mean, depends how you look at it. This entire expansion seems to have been aimed at getting major oil producers (Saudi Arabia, UAE and Iran are the 2nd, 7th and 8th biggest one in the world respectively) in, while increasing their influence in the Red Sea Area, with Argentina added because Brazil heavily promoted its membership and likely insisted on it being a part of any ascension, not to mention that its ascension would anchor BRICS even more heavily in LatAm.

View attachment 855476

Yeah, this one will be interesting to watch. The question is how far he will go once the reality of Argentina's situation is. Its trade with China is quite large, after all, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was done partly to tie the hands of any future Argentinian president even further.

They aren't going to be a superpower, but have a decent potential nevertheless. They are a modestly powerful country, control the Suez, and recently apparently became the first African country that created its own satellite and sent it to space, though with China's help.

More control and presence in the Red Sea Area. Their neighbourhood might not be ideal, but they are still stronger than any of their neighbours and really, only another civil war could screw them up, while having good relations with them is key for anyone hoping to project influence in East Africa.

Iran is already in the SCO and is one of Russia's closest partners, if not the very closest. Them getting in was basically a given, even discounting the speculations from tankies that BRICS and SCO will be merged with how many overlapping members they have,

They are being heavily courted by China, with the trade between the two already being almost twice as big as the trade between the US and the Saudis, and still quickly rising.

Plus, they also have other types of cooperation, such as the Saudi counterpart to ChatGPT being created by a lab mostly staffed by Chinese researchers, which I'd happily bet that that entire affair is heavily watched by the MSS:feelshaha:.

Pretty much the same as the Saudis, plus, as I've mentioned, they are one of the world's major oil producers.

Good points that I agree with. Ya you can see the containment strategy against the US Empire on that map. And getting the oil production countries so the Brics is secure in oil, as China and India are big importers and many countries who might be thinking of going with them are also oil importers. One interesting development this year is how Nigeria and the West African countries have sided with France and the US over the Niger issue.

Image 2

Ok I drew on extreme rough lines.

Lets look in Southeast Asia. There Indonesia, the Philippines, and Thailand are arguably leaning towards the Western alliance. Singapore is with the Western alliance. Malaysia is like leaning towards China but also likes being neutral working with the West. Myanmar is with the BRICS. Bangladesh probably will go with the BRICS even though it is friendly with the West.

Latin America.. Mexico wants to go with the BRICS but it is too economically integrated with the US. Same with the Central American states. In South America, Venezuela is with the BRICS, Colombia is definitely with America. Peru is neutral, Chile is with America. Then of course Brazil and Argentina are with Brics.

I think it's more notable that the Saudis decided to join despite being long-time US allies

It shows that countries are deciding to play it safe and put a foot on both sides, rather than just throwing in their lot with US hegemony