Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope can you start a garden without fertiliser?

jerrycan dan

jerrycan dan

autistic retard
-
Is there a way of starting a garden without having to buy fertiliser? I'm thinking of getting into gardening because I have nothing better to do, are there some plants I can grow in my backyard simply by planting them without having to use any sort of fertiliser, or will I always have to put something in or under the soil of my garden to have the plants grow reliably? If I do have to use something, what can I bury in my garden to replace fertiliser? Compost?

Last edited:
It depends what the garden was before, an exhausted cereal field will need some, but if there was a meadow you'll find quite a lot of nutrients already.
Al beans including peas require little fertilizer, carrots actually turn out weird if there is too much nitrogen, you coud start with that.
After the first round of production you migh want to do some green manure as well, that will enrich the soil.
Using mulch (straw, woodchips etc) also adds nutrients to the soil while helping with water retention and against weeds.
So, in other words, NO, you just need to learn the correct practices.

You don't have to there's tons of DIY fertilizer. I like growing tomatoes because they're so much better than in the store. Strawberries and red current berries are tasty and give you lots of yields too.

All depends on the soil that you're planting the seeds on really.

dont know never had a garden before