Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Cardio is king

JudeoBiden

JudeoBiden

Jon Taliban
★★★★
Soldiers and fighters agree, cardio is king. If you have to choose running or weightlifting, choose running every time.

Cardio gives you the ability to outlast the other guy in a fight, to run away from a fight, to run away in general, and to chase down prey. Without cardio, your other skills are mostly in vain.

If you're not obese, start running today. You'll feel like shit, but that's just the beginning. Keep running, however sluggishly, and you'll flip a switch. You'll find your forever pace, where you could run indefinitely. Your body will quickly adapt and the beginning won't suck as much anymore. Your brain will figure out how to use your body more efficiently to save energy while covering distance. Your bones will build density. Your leg muscles will strengthen.

Run on dirt or grass so your joints don't get fucked up. A certain amount of running is good for your joints, too much is bad for them, too little is bad for them also. Crosscountry runners are known to fuck up their hips, but they run insane distances regularly. A mile is plenty for your regular run, and a few miles for an occasional long run.

As the gun nuts say, better to have it and not need it. Basically all of your options in a hostile scenario require good cardio. Fight, chase, escape, it's all cardio. Nobody ever squatted his way to winning a fight. Nobody ever bench pressed his way out trouble. Don't be a liftoid, that's low-IQ athletics for stupid people.

my heart has been defective since early childhood, if i run 400m i have shortness of breath, it's over.

based runnercel. I have a static bike does it count ? I want to run it feels much better but unfortunately I have anxiety and I am afraid of people laughing at me while I am running.

If you do any kind of weight training, it's strength you should be training for: Muscles are cope & can ofc possibly cause issues in some cases.

I´ve been a distance runner since 2017, 5k time is around 16 minutes (Time trial). So no, im not elite at all.... I used to do Bjj and MMA, but running makes me happier cause it´s more natural I guess.

Over for cigarettecels

Weight lifting was always about ego more than health.

I agree.
Running has more benefits to combat than weightlifting.

But, there are some strength exercises that are highly beneficial to a combat environment.

Like, pull-ups. Being able to lift yourself up and over obstacles.
Jumping exercises, frog hops, etc. Being able to jump up to reach higher, or jump across divides.

You want to run regularly but start very slowly otherwise you risk getting injuries. For example, if you only run 6 miles on a treadmill and then decide to do a 6 mile run on the road/trails. Well you are likely going to get an injury, your joints and bones aren't used to the rough impact from outside. Don't underestimate HIIT cardio either. You make most of your gains from resting/recovery, the training is just stimulus

Soldiers and fighters agree, cardio is king. If you have to choose running or weightlifting, choose running every time.

Cardio gives you the ability to outlast the other guy in a fight, to run away from a fight, to run away in general, and to chase down prey. Without cardio, your other skills are mostly in vain.

If you're not obese, start running today. You'll feel like shit, but that's just the beginning. Keep running, however sluggishly, and you'll flip a switch. You'll find your forever pace, where you could run indefinitely. Your body will quickly adapt and the beginning won't suck as much anymore. Your brain will figure out how to use your body more efficiently to save energy while covering distance. Your bones will build density. Your leg muscles will strengthen.

Run on dirt or grass so your joints don't get fucked up. A certain amount of running is good for your joints, too much is bad for them, too little is bad for them also. Crosscountry runners are known to fuck up their hips, but they run insane distances regularly. A mile is plenty for your regular run, and a few miles for an occasional long run.

As the gun nuts say, better to have it and not need it. Basically all of your options in a hostile scenario require good cardio. Fight, chase, escape, it's all cardio. Nobody ever squatted his way to winning a fight. Nobody ever bench pressed his way out trouble. Don't be a liftoid, that's low-IQ athletics for stupid people.
Slayer

Thanks for the post. I'll incorporate more cardio into my workouts!

based post

cardio > strength training

Theres a reason why mma fighters spend so much time training cardio and jogging. But doing both is optimal

I jog/walk once or twice a week just to get my mind off of things and listen to stuff on youtube.

The feeling afterwards is amazing and I get better sleep.

I jog/walk once or twice a week just to get my mind off of things and listen to stuff on youtube.

The feeling afterwards is amazing and I get better sleep.
Yeah its great and it puts me out of my headspace.

It happened a few times that i got laughed at by foids while jogging tho. Ruins the mood

Almost Every gymmaxxed guy ignores cardio when it's the most important form of exercise. The reason most people don't like cardio is because you can't post photos and show off your lungs like you can with muscles.

based runnercel. I have a static bike does it count ? I want to run it feels much better but unfortunately I have anxiety and I am afraid of people laughing at me while I am running.
The kind of people who laugh at others bettering themselves are losers. As much as I hate the shitty "ignore them" advice, this is a rare case where it is good advice. They want you to stop doing the thing that is making it clear to everyone that you are better than them.

If you do any kind of weight training, it's strength you should be training for: Muscles are cope & can ofc possibly cause issues in some cases.
Yes, most people train only for hypertrophy rather than actual strength. Also almost nobody trains for endurance. Excessive muscle is bad for your cardio, though. More muscle means more tissue competing for the same amount of oxygen you take in per breath.

I´ve been a distance runner since 2017, 5k time is around 16 minutes (Time trial). So no, im not elite at all.... I used to do Bjj and MMA, but running makes me happier cause it´s more natural I guess.
You're way past this advice. Like a PhD sitting in on an undergrad class.

Weight lifting was always about ego more than health.
The reason most people don't like cardio is because you can't post photos and show off your lungs like you can with muscles.
The absolute state of humanity :feelskek:
I agree.
Running has more benefits to combat than weightlifting.

But, there are some strength exercises that are highly beneficial to a combat environment.

Like, pull-ups. Being able to lift yourself up and over obstacles.
Jumping exercises, frog hops, etc. Being able to jump up to reach higher, or jump across divides.
Yes, that is functional strength. You just about never see anyone train functional strength in the gym. They don't even train most of their back muscles.

my heart has been defective since early childhood, if i run 400m i have shortness of breath, it's over.
:cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels: Over!
What kind of defect? Can you at least masturbate?

I walk alot if that counts?

Almost Every gymmaxxed guy ignores cardio when it's the most important form of exercise. The reason most people don't like cardio is because you can't post photos and show off your lungs like you can with muscles.
Cardio makes you lean af

Does jumping rope count?