Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment ClassicalMusicCels GTFIH : I need your opinion on something

Mozart or Beethoven ?

• Mozart

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Beethoven

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
grondilu

grondilu

Overlord
★★★★★
After reading the thread about Newton vs Bundy, it occurred to me that there is at least one other genius who likely died a virgin : Ludwig von Beethoven. But then I thought about Mozart who was also a musical genius, but who was, if I'm not mistaken, quite a bit of a lad.

So, I felt like I need to test the opinion of classicalmusiccels here, so I made a poll.

From what I heard , Mozart have more upbeat, spritely, happy music and Beethoven more introspective , majestic music.

It's a matter of temperament preference. Sanguine/phlegmatic vs melancholic.

they're on another level, they can face god with their skills

Mozart all the way. I have listened to a lot of Mozart and Beethoven but I never connected to Beethoven on a emotional level. Chopin and Liszt are my personal faves tho as I played piano for a few years.

From what I heard , Mozart have more upbeat, spritely, happy music and Beethoven more introspective , majestic music.

It's a matter of temperament preference. Sanguine/phlegmatic vs melancholic.
Its a classical music stereotype that Mozart wrote only happy, simple music. His music was sublime, filled with tiny details that you only notice after multiple hearings. Mozart‘s last three symphonies (39, 40 and 41) are his best orchestral works imo. Beethoven did write some majestic pieces but if you want something truly epic listen to late Romantic/Modern composers like Mahler, Ravel, Rachmaninoff, Prokofjew

Mozart all the way. I have listened to a lot of Mozart and Beethoven but I never connected to Beethoven on a emotional level. Chopin and Liszt are my personal faves tho as I played piano for a few years.

Its a classical music stereotype that Mozart wrote only happy, simple music. His music was sublime, filled with tiny details that you only notice after multiple hearings. Mozart‘s last three symphonies (39, 40 and 41) are his best orchestral works imo. Beethoven did write some majestic pieces but if you want something truly epic listen to late Romantic/Modern composers like Mahler, Ravel, Rachmaninoff, Prokofjew
Yeah I have listened to alot of Chopin, lizst, Mahler, ravel, prokofiev, and rachmaninoff is a favorite. My close friend at university is a piano major and i know his professor teacher as well.
My favorite era is baroque and Johann Bach is my favorite composer though.
I dont have much musical skill tho, and I can only compose medieval style minstrel ballads.

Last edited:
Yeah I have listened to alot of Chopin, lizst, Mahler, ravel, prokofiev, and rachmaninoff is a favorite. My close friend at university is a piano major and i know his professor teacher as well.
My favorite era is baroque and Johann Bach is my favorite composer though.
I dont have much musical skill tho, and I can only compose medieval style minstrel ballads.
If you like baroque you should listen to some of the lesser known composers like Telemann, Buxtehude, Rameau, and Scarlatti. Rameau and Lully are my fave baroque composers bc I prefer French baroque to German or Italian

If you like baroque you should listen to some of the lesser known composers like Telemann, Buxtehude, Rameau, and Scarlatti. Rameau and Lully are my fave baroque composers bc I prefer French baroque to German or Italian
Yah I think I have listened to telemann and scarlatti Iook up the others later, thanx.