Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Deceptive job offer led to unnecessary job interview today

iblamemyself

iblamemyself

Overlord
★★★★★
My theory is that HR gets paid to do job interviews, so they do them for positions that don’t exist.

I was baited with a job offer and went to the interview today.

Turns out it’s a crap job that doesn’t even require the skills I have and pays just a couple of bucks above minimum wage. That’s not at all what the job offer promised.

Just another day in the life of a Millennial incel. No jobs, no friends, no sex.

I don’t feel like being (((productive))) today. I’m gonna rot on .is and play vidya.

Often companies also put out job offers to promote themselves on social media, not to hire necessarily.

Brutal. Online job interviews should be the norm, the interviewed saves a lot of moned and gas and the interviewed is less nervous

Brutal. Online job interviews should be the norm, the interviewed saves a lot of moned and gas and the interviewed is less nervous
They offered me to do it via phone, but I chose to go there in person. :feelsclown:

Thought it would give me an edge over the other autistic applicants.

They offered me to do it via phone, but I chose to go there in person. :feelsclown:

Thought it would give me an edge over the other autistic applicants.
It's ovER for you, should have agreed to the online intERview

It's ovER for you, should have agreed to the online intERview
Probably, but at least it was good practice. I don’t want to fuck up interviews that matter.

My theory is that HR gets paid to do job interviews, so they do them for positions that don’t exist.

That's not a theory, that's a fact. Companies regularly like to post fake and false job ads for different or even non-existent jobs to give the outward appearance of growth for potential job seekers - and investors as well.

Turns out it’s a crap job that doesn’t even require the skills I have and pays just a couple of bucks above minimum wage. That’s not at all what the job offer promised.
You need to always, always, ALWAYS, call them out on this bullshit DURING THE INTERVIEW. Remind them very politely, but sternly, that the details in the job listing are different than what you're being told here, and that you went into this interview with the expectation that the information presented in the job listing was accurate and honest.

This is where I'd throw in a jab at them and their HR and mention how it would be unprofessional if a prospective employee dishonestly represented themselves in their resume, so why is it that the company's HR dishonestly representing the job offer? Put them on the spot and make them extremely awkward and uncomfortable. Then thank them for their time, but you are no longer interested in the position as one last "fuck you."

You need to always, always, ALWAYS, call them out on this bullshit DURING THE INTERVIEW. Remind them very politely, but sternly, that the details in the job listing are different than what you're being told here, and that you went into this interview with the expectation that the information presented in the job listing was accurate and honest.

This is where I'd throw in a jab at them and their HR and mention how it would be unprofessional if a prospective employee dishonestly represented themselves in their resume, so why is it that the company's HR dishonestly representing the job offer? Put them on the spot and make them extremely awkward and uncomfortable. Then thank them for their time, but you are no longer interested in the position as one last "fuck you."
I really should have, maybe I write a bad review later. There are websites that let you rate employers and write reviews about them.

I really should have, maybe I write a bad review later. There are websites that let you rate employers and write reviews about them.
Nobody gives a shit about those reviews. It doesn't affect the companys' bottom lines or quality of hires in the way you'd hope they would.

Just another day in the life of a Millennial incel. No jobs, no friends, no sex.

I don’t feel like being (((productive))) today. I’m gonna rot on .is and play vidya.
I learned ........

Always ask .....

Is a job open.....

And how many are interviewing