Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Do missing women get more attention than missing men?

nullus

nullus

Banned
-
There's a girl who went missing in northern England called Nicola bulley and she's been all over the news in the UK the past few weeks.

She is white, above average in looks and middle-aged.

I remember when I was younger a teenage boy in my area went missing and was never found to this day and I only ever saw it in my local news. I never remember it being as big of a story as the Nicola bulley case and don't recall the case being mentioned in the mainstream news. I also remember a woman going missing in my area and she was relatively old but also ugly but still I remember her getting so much more attention than the teenage boy did.

What's so special about the Nicola bulley case I don't understand?

I thought loads of people went missing every year so why her

Is there a reason why she's getting so much attention compared to other missing people or is it just the fact that she's a relatively attractive white woman?

GrAY tier water-is-wet Lookism 101 tier question. Society cares about women, especially attractive women, way more than any other class of people. One dead woman is tragedy, thousands of dead men are a statistic.

it's called missing white woman syndrome:

GrAY tier water-is-wet Lookism 101 tier question. Society cares about women, especially attractive women, way more than any other class of people. One dead woman is tragedy, thousands of dead men are a statistic.

Damn the term is actually mainstream aswell

Missing white woman syndrome is 100% real.

I could be wrong but I think about 5000 people go missing in the UK every year never to be found. It's crazy how blatant the white woman missing syndrome is

Not relevant but missing people posters have always creeped me out, it's like their lives have been reduced to nothing but a piece of paper. Especially in this day and age with monumental amount of surveillance, it's absurd that anybody could even end up missing.

Besides though, hopefully the dumb bitch is rotting somewhere in a river. Fucking tired of the endless media reports shat out regarding her

@Draconian Times Aren't words like boys and men as well as girls and women interchangeable with regards to adults?

@Draconian Times Aren't words like boys and men as well as girls and women interchangeable with regards to adults?
Honestly, the only time I see girl used as a synonymous for woman is when a man shows affection toward his partner in a cute way. "Baby girl". "Little girl". "Sweet girl."

Never have I seen a police report calling a middle-aged woman a girl because it is counterintuitive. If people hear a girl is missing, they will expect something like this:
Th 3765349639

Not like this:
Th 3844936668

But maybe English isn't your first language, so I'll give you a pass. :feelsokman:

Honestly, the only time I see girl used as a synonymous for woman is when a man shows affection toward his partner in a cute way. "Baby girl". "Little girl". "Sweet girl."

Never have I seen a police report calling a middle-aged woman a girl because it is counterintuitive. If people hear a girl is missing, they will expect something like this:
View attachment 705421

Not like this:
View attachment 705422

But maybe English isn't your first language, so I'll give you a pass. :feelsokman:
It is my first language lol. But I literally haven't had a social life since i left school so I've had no one to call me out on this error until now.

They just had a documentary about this disappearance on Channel 5 and someone stated that the media decide which missing persons investigations they highlight by assessing social class, social status and upbringing / background. Looks of course is another determinate but it's too painful for anyone to admit this. Really , it is, cos it exposes both the media and the public as the callous people they generally are.

A foolish thing to assume, that a disappearing male individual is of equal priority to a missing female for law enforcement.

A foolish thing to assume, that a disappearing male individual is of equal priority to a missing female for law enforcement.

Attachments

• eric.JPG
    eric.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 1
Can't spell cUcK without the UK.