Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Do most tech careers require physics and complex math?

Do most tech careers require physics and complex math?

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
mistersinister

mistersinister

New Creation
★★★★★
Do most tech careers require physics and complex math? Have you ever been in tech before?

Not sure but it seems like it.

do most questions require google?

I've taken a cs class. I never really had to use much math, it's mostly just common sense cause and effect stuff and you can usually just google stuff if you can't figure out.

It depends on how complex the maths is to you. If basic calculus is too complex you shouldn't do tech.

Not for most CS jobs. Unless you decide to aim for the 0.1% hedge fund Quant math Olympiad genius shit, some of those prodigies get $1 mil year by hedge funds.

I can do addition and multiplication

Supposedly even most engineers and chemists don't use the super hard equations most of the time either.

Often, I believe. These are the Microbiology math requirements of a university in Justus Grossbier's state:

Select one of the following:3-5
MTHSTAT 215Elementary Statistical Analysis
MATH 222Honors Calculus II
MATH 232Calculus and Analytic Geometry II
BIO SCI 465Biostatistics
Select one of the following options:9-10
Option 1:
PHYSICS 120General Physics I (Non-Calculus Treatment)
PHYSICS 122General Physics II (Non-Calculus Treatment)
PHYSICS 123General Physics Laboratory II (Non-Calculus Treatment)
Option 2:
PHYSICS 209Physics I (Calculus Treatment)
PHYSICS 210Physics II (Calculus Treatment)
PHYSICS 215Lab Physics II (Calculus Treatment)
Option 3:
PHYSICS 219Physics I: Calculus-Based, Studio Format
PHYSICS 220Physics II: Calculus-Based, Studio Format
Total Credits61-67
1When determined by the student's Microbiology faculty advisor to have Microbiology content.

Sample:

Michaelis-Menten
Figure 1. Plot of a Michaelis-Menten function. This function is always increasing and concave down. It has a horizontal asymptote, y=4.

For this part, we will cover all the theories and techniques that are covered in the traditional calculus-I course. Unlike in the traditional calculus-I course where most of application problems taught are physics problems, we will carefully choose a mixed set of examples and homework problems to demonstrate the importance of calculus in biology, chemistry and physics, but emphasizing the biology applications.

Example 1. Traditionally, the first application discussed in Calculus I is the distance/velocity/acceleration problem for moving objects including the free-fall problem. For our Bio-enriched Calculus I, we will consider the Michaelis-Menten kinetics function [4][9]:

Equation 1

This function has many applications in biological fields. For example, it can be used for modeling in enzyme reaction or population growth. Here n could be the nutrient concentration and f be the growth rate function for bacteria; Kmax and Kn are positive constant parameters standing for maximum growth rate and the nutrient density at which the bacteria growth rate reaches Kmax /2. This example can be used to introduce the dependence on nutrient as the first derivative and the acceleration (deceleration) of it as the second derivative. In the later discussions of related rates, we can revisit this example for the relationship of two time dependent functions, u(t) and n(t):

Equation 2

There are foids working in tech right now getting paid to centre divs, jfl.