Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Do you feel embarrassed to call people by their names?

ADHD_cel

ADHD_cel

Vita fortuna est; aut eam habest aut ea carest.
★★★★★
I always feel weird if I call someone by their real name. Usually I just say hi or hello. I think it's because deep down I'm a misanthrope. Calling people by their names feels like I'm emotionally drawn closer to that person which I find embarassing. Childhood trauma probably also plays a role because my narcy parents only used my full real name when they were insulting me.

Nah man i just never get to talk to people

I feel weird when people call me by my name cause I don't hear it that often.

No.

I work in marketing, and the truth is - if you call your coworkers by their first names, it improves attitude.

I am too ugly to start everyday off by saying, “Hello - Susan”, “Hello - Joe”, and smile and wave as I walk past them, but that is exactly what my boss suggested we all do.

I never say somebody's name while talking to them.

Same here. But it's probably because I think they don't want closeness with me or just my solipsism.

I enjoy the power of it.

I always feel weird if I call someone by their real name. Usually I just say hi or hello. I think it's because deep down I'm a misanthrope. Calling people by their names feels like I'm emotionally drawn closer to that person which I find embarassing. Childhood trauma probably also plays a role because my narcy parents only used my full real name when they were insulting me.
High IQ.

Yes. I really struggle.

Also, saying GOOD NIGHT to anyone.

Not sure why.

Np doubt autistic

Last edited:
No.

I work in marketing, and the truth is - if you call your coworkers by their first names, it improves attitude.

I am too ugly to start everyday off by saying, “Hello - Susan”, “Hello - Joe”, and smile and wave as I walk past them, but that is exactly what my boss suggested we all do.
It def. Shows confidence, or should I say projected confidence

It takes me by surprise when someone non-related says my name.