Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does anyone else miss the mid late 2000s internet?

Hohenheimcel

Hohenheimcel

Self-banned
-
Felt way cozier. Everyone who used it was way more likely to be an absolute nerd like you, rather than an NPC, which would be the main user of this current post social media internet.

yes Jews have fucked it all up in pursuit of shekels at any cost. so many fucking ads/paywalls and shit everywhere. And now AI will rape the internet jobs too

I don't miss pre-wifi but otherwise yes I'm with you.

I wish i was on it

I was born in 2001 and didn’t really start using the internet until I was about 10, but a couple years ago I watched a documentary on the notorious Internet personality Chris Chan, where most of the action happened between 2007-2011, and it made me really nostalgic for a time I was never around to see.

I do miss it, and coincidentally, that was my first real introduction to the internet in the first place, as before that, I only ever had dial-up at home, and a fuckton of blocked sites on the school computers, so I never really used the internet much before then.

I was too young to experience it

I had no life, it made no difference to me.

I was born too late to experience it (except watching barney and Mickey mouse clubhouse on youtube) but i like seeing old comments

Old.Sage.moe is an archive of 4chan as a whole between 2005 and 2008.
I’ve also been using the wayback machine since like 2015 to look at old versions of websites.

It was way better, as everyone was more social in a friendly way. LGBTfagit shit, mentally ill fags and politics have made the internet a shit show were everyone talks down to everyone.

When was "mid late“ 2000‘s? We still have only 2022

1995 - 2001 was the heyday. 2003 onward losing its flavor.

Agreed 100%. If I had a time machine, I would definitely go back starting in the mid '90s and enjoy my youth then and never come back.

2005-2008 or 9 was great

If you say so. I only started using in 2006. I liked the forum culture of those times and the old MMOs. Early 2000s sound good as well but how were the 90s better?

Shit I remember the internet of the early 2000s.

56k Dial-up modem, napster, limewire, shitty forums, early days of PC gaming (golden age). There really was nothing like counter strike 1.5. Steam. There was WC3 battlenet.

Went to shit in 2007 imo.

Correct. Smartphones ruined everything
:yes: Yeah I think around that point everyone was getting online even people who'd previously written the internet off as nerd shit or work related.