Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Does anyone feel weird when incel terms are used outside context of dating and relationships?

• Thread starter Deleted member 27204
  • Start date

Do you feel weird when incel terms are used outside the context of dating and relationships?

• Yes

• No

• Yes and I think there is a slippery slope for incel terms to get co-opted by political groups easier

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member 27204

Self-banned
-
Like for example how sucking up to white people is said to be simping for white people or not hating rich people is said to be simping for billionaires?
Or how when a nation is defeated in battle they are said to be cucked? Or when a politician loses an election they are said to be cucked?

Imo it just makes the definitions of those terms less unique and more liable to get co-opted by outsiders that aren't incels.
Do you think this too and find it weird when incel terms are used outside of the context of dating and relationships?

Eventually happens to everything, by that I mean normies will eventually come across the terms and use them ( Most of the time incorrectly too )

Eventually happens to everything, by that I mean normies will eventually come across the terms and use them ( Most of the time incorrectly too )
Sadly. But do you feel weird when it happens?

Same thing happened with terms like incel, alpha/beta.
What is really unnerving imo is that normies at first dismiss those terms as ridiculous but later pick them up and act like they've always used them.

But do you feel weird when it happens?
Not really since I could care less

I was on a tram a week ago and this group of guys came in and sat down
One of them pulled out a Nintendo Switch and the other guy said "You're such an incel"
I was surprised to hear that term out in public tbhngldedsrs and of course the way it was used was wrong

Not really since I could care less

I was on a tram a week ago and this group of guys came in and sat down
One of them pulled out a Nintendo Switch and the other guy said "You're such an incel"
I was surprised to hear that term out in public tbhngldedsrs and of course the way it was used was wrong
Sad shit man. It really has to suck for younger generations of males growing up and having every little nerdy behavior they engage in or "anti-social" protective action they take be labeled incel.
Social media is a disease.

Last edited:
There will come a time when Becky, Stacey, and Chad will use mog frequently in their conversations. "Omg Stacey, that shirt is totally mogging me so hard" "Dude, your mogged everyone last night. That chick was staring at you the whole time." Brace yourself

There will come a time when Becky, Stacey, and Chad will use mog frequently in their conversations. "Omg Stacey, that shirt is totally mogging me so hard" "Dude, your mogged everyone last night. That chick was staring at you the whole time." Brace yourself
Agreed. It happened with alpha/beta too.

Same with maxxing. And what's more people here will never get the credit or recognition for those terms. Maybe then we should keep things as unoriginal as possible to avoid this ngl

Can I change my vote?

Eventually, normies will almost all be incels.

I use then all the time. Normies will steal everything from incels eventually anyways, but slowly to avoid being branded incel. Terms like Chad, Stacy and based are common vernacular now. Also femcels do the same with no shame.

Can I change my vote?
I have no idea tbh
What did you want to change your vote to? Did something happen that influenced your decision to change your vote?
I use then all the time. Normies will steal everything from incels eventually anyways, but slowly to avoid being branded incel. Terms like Chad, Stacy and based are common vernacular now. Also femcels do the same with no shame.
On twitter and with Gen Z yeah but for older people it's only those obsessed with politics and culture wars that have picked it up and even then not all of them.
The cringe comes more from how a lot of Boomers are using the phrases "alpha" and "beta" to describe males unironically IRL

I'd encourage you not to use incel terms IRL if you are an incel. It's a dead giveaway of your status as a weird guy forced to look into obscure or previously obscure things to cope.

I have no idea tbh
What did you want to change your vote to? Did something happen that influenced your decision to change your vote?

On twitter and with Gen Z yeah but for older people it's only those obsessed with politics and culture wars that have picked it up and even then not all of them.
The cringe comes more from how a lot of Boomers are using the phrases "alpha" and "beta" to describe males unironically IRL

I'd encourage you not to use incel terms IRL if you are an incel. It's a dead giveaway of your status as a weird guy forced to look into obscure or previously obscure things to cope.
I appreciate the advice but I’m low inhib anyway so I don’t mind conflict or confrontation. The only way they know they are incel terms is if they are also familiar with incels or I tell them

More than likely.

I have no idea tbh
Did something happen that influenced your decision to change your vote?
Well I see normies using "cope" a lot now. The right has been saying it as well. It was bound to happen tbh it's a great term

I want to change my vote to the 3rd one

It's not letting me change it
Ig I didn't leave the option to change the vote on this poll when I made it. I can't change that now though.

Well I see normies using "cope" a lot now. The right has been saying it as well. It was bound to happen tbh it's a great term
Yeah as usual a lot of incel and manosphere terms are co-opted by normies obsessed with politics on both the left and the right.
Imo "cope" can be a really antagonizing term when used to dismiss other people's view points so in this era of heated political polarization it was bound to get picked up by both sides that want to irritate and one-up each other.