Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL Donald Trump banned from Colorado ballot in historic ruling by state’s Supreme Court

Tarquinius

Tarquinius

Disregard my larping efforts. I can't change it.
★★★★
Awesome democracy we have here.

DENVER (AP) — A divided Colorado Supreme Court on Tuesday declared former President Donald Trump ineligible for the White House under the U.S. Constitution’s insurrection clause and removed him from the state’s presidential primary ballot, setting up a likely showdown in the nation’s highest court to decide whether the front-runner for the GOP nomination can remain in the race.

The decision from a court whose justices were all appointed by Democratic governors marks the first time in history that Section 3 of the 14th Amendment has been used to disqualify a presidential candidate.

“A majority of the court holds that Trump is disqualified from holding the office of president under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment,” the court wrote in its 4-3 decision.

Colorado’s highest court overturned a ruling from a district court judge who found that Trump incited an insurrection for his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, but said he could not be barred from the ballot because it was unclear that the provision was intended to cover the presidency.

Again, last time Biden literally gave himself hundreds of thousands of votes out of air and republicans did NOTHING. Biden wins.

I hope Bidens brain starts dripping out of his ear holes,

I’d say it would backfire on Democrats, but many people don’t care about America’s core values anymore. The SCOTUS will look at and overturn this because it sets a horrible precedent. Democrats in New Mexico, and now Colorado, have flagrantly flouted core American values. Not requiring a conviction is why using the 14th to bar someone is so tenuous. It didn’t even hold up against self admitted secessionists after the Civil War

The decision from a court whose justices were all appointed by Democratic governors..

You can't lose if you buy the competition. :feelsthink:

So much for imparciality...

I’m so disillusioned with American politics I’m just waiting for the national divorce to happen and let the democrat cities become their own little nation states.

Biden will win again mark my words

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back