Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion [Effortpost] You should read this Dartmouth anthropology student's thesis on incels.co

Is this a based thesis?

• Total voters
PPEcel

PPEcel

cope and seethe
-
Nate Gallagher's thesis: The Blackpill and the Suffering Apparatus

In this project, I pull from political subjectivity as a means of vitalizing incel ideology. In analyzing the articulations of experience on blackpill forums, I emphasize how individuals actively construct incel epistemologies and identity from online interaction. There is an element of irony here, given that incel status is explicitly defined by a striking absence of agency. The blackpill purports that genetics and societal misandry have essentially shackled “low-status” men to a condition of imprisonment. Ascension—transcending the life of inceldom—is treated as an impossible reality for those bound by terminal genetic constraints.

I should first thank @Personalityinkwell for bringing this to my attention. Now that I have fully read it, I realize that it is actually very well-written and reveals a lot of original research. This is something that reads like it's from a PhD student, even though it was authored by an undergraduate youngcel.

Each incels.co post I have selected represents an attempt to validate a particular interpretation of inceldom. Incels.co site users initiate forum discussion by providing evidence on their understanding of the blackpill or their own life circumstances. The responses generated by the post can be seen as a way of negotiating the fairness or the validity of such narratives. Although these posts often invoke broader incel texts, they also reproduce, challenge, and structure incel discourse through interaction.

Gallagher uses qualitative virtual ethnography to analyze the discursive social constructionism of the incels.co community -- i.e. he lurked here and read our posts. Before I offer my thoughts on the subject, I will tag everyone who was mentioned in the thesis, organized by thread.

Note: This is a long list. Page references correspond to the page of the thesis where the incel in question is quoted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is impossible to get ripped unless you have Godly genetics or use massive roids (which will make you bald)
While there is no doubt that incel rhetoric borrows heavily from “dated” understandings of human variation, to call the blackpill “pseudoscience” obscures the critical link between inceldom and contemporary academic research. The blackpill is not an inherently antiscientific understanding of human courtship and social relations, but one that pulls significantly from peer-reviewed, “credible” scholarly literature. This suggestion is not intended to validate incel principles; instead, it calls into question the methods and interpretations of current scholarship surrounding apparent gendered difference along mate choice, attraction, and sexuality.

OP: @RageAgainstTDL (p. 44, 45, 49)
@MayorOfKekville (p. 46)
@Gremlincel (p. 46)
@Creep (p. 46, 48)
@Mahlo (p. 46, 78)
@GeneticDysfunction (p. 47)
@EthnicelNL (p. 47)
@WakeMeUpIncel (p. 48)
@janoycresva (p. 48)
@fred_herbert (p. 49)
@Arentheal (p. 50)
@BlackPilledKira (p. 50)
@nxdismycope (p. 50)
@Ecstasy (p. 50)
@Xenocel (p. 50)
@Born2 (p. 51)
@Ascend2Chadpreet (p. 51)

Slut Shaming is a Cope
Here, women’s sexualization is intimately linked with their supposed hypergamous nature. For incels, sexuality represents a resource women can leverage in order to lure men existing beyond their attractive tier. By extension, the more women’s sexualization is made permissible, the worse “low-tier” men will fare.

OP: @Philosophycel (p. 54)
@GeneticDysfunction
@ColdLightOfDay (p. 54)
@frustratedhapa (p. 54)
@wandercamp (p. 55)
@speedtypingincel (p. 55)
@Robtical (p. 56)
@BrendioEEE (p. 56)
@Uggo Mongo (p. 57)
@based_meme (p. 57)
@UpsideDown (p. 57-58)
@Legendarywristcel (p. 58)

I always wanted to stop playing video games and "grow up", but people like us cannot grow up.
The comparisons drawn here highlight the privileges associated with being a Chad and the societal disdain for incels. While Chads receive no criticism for playing videogames, the same act is leveraged as evidence of incels’ immaturity. Women are entranced by Chad’s good looks and fail to consider him capable of embarrassment or wrongdoing. They will happily indulge his gaming tendencies if they find themselves lucky enough to be his anointed possession.

OP: @FidelCashflow (p. 69)
@sub8male (p. 70)
@MayorOfKekville (p. 70)
@NocturnalDecay (p. 70)
@Pumkin (p. 72-73)
@Excluded (p. 77)
@chadalwayswins (p. 77)
@Gyros_Pretcel (p. 77)
@Blackpincel (p. 77)

The Life and Times of itsOVER (Legendary white incel slaying in Thailand)
@itsOVER (p. 90)

SCIENTIFIC PROOF that the order of importance is: Race > Height > Face > Money
Inceldom tends to be represented in popular and scholarly writing as a white nationalist movement, but these depictions fail to capture the diversity of racial narratives circulating on incels.co. Rather than uphold white supremacy, incels.co users generally treat whiteness as tentatively incompatible with the incel condition given its wide societal appeal.

OP: @RageAgainstTDL (p. 91-92)
@Adolf Reinhardt (p. 93)
@gookcel96 (p. 93)
@rabitter (p. 93)
@backyardslayer (p. 93)
@MilkTeaPill (p. 94)
@Grotesque (p. 95)
@Ledgemund (p. 95)

Racial Allegiance Is An Extremely Blue Pilled Cope
While journalists have been quick to reduce inceldom to a white nationalist movement, evidence supporting this framing remains elusive.

OP: @BlkPillPres (p. 97-98)
@ColdLightOfDay (p. 99)
@StaroRavager (p. 99)
@Ledgemund (p. 100)
@RopeMaXXer (p. 100)
@Ap0calypse (p. 100)
@Salustio (p. 100)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gallagher's conclusion:

Instead of creating one uniform narrative about the ideologies of the incel community, Gallagher's thesis seeks to detail the diversity of opinions found on incels.co -- all of which he describes as part of the "suffering apparatus", and he defines as "the discursive machinery that permits, evaluates, and valorizes expressions of suffering among blackpill adherents".

Interestingly, Gallagher rejects the conclusion that the blackpill is an "absurd pseudoscience".

Incels.co users invoke these principles in their writings to provide evidence of the unfair and incurable nature of their undesirability. Scientific literature, as it filters from cited publications into individual utterances, grants authority to these framings of pain.
Research on partner preference, mating strategies, and genetic correlates of bodily traits inadvertently grant legitimacy to the incel worldview by upholding an evolutionary paradigm wielded to naturalize difference. Most literature in forum postings or on the scientific blackpill page is reputable among academic circles, rather than widely discredited as “pseudoscience.”

He concedes that although the lexicon of incels.co is often extreme, incel conceptions of race are not "fringe" and in fact are broadly reproduced in the cultural milieu.

...that white men are the normative template of sexual conduct, that Asian men are emasculated and undesired in light of this white ideal, and that black men are threateningly hypersexual...
...antiracist movements that do not deconstruct race-gender discourses can fail to address the logics that continually recreate racial difference. Incels.co refracts how these discourses reproduce racialized asymmetries: they represent more raw versions of popular race-gender representations that become sanitized in the mainstream majority. All of these considerations are lost when inceldom is relegated to an “extremist” margin.

Gallagher ends his thesis by suggesting that the "incel problem" is one that reflects society's broader problems of "patriarchy" and "white supremacy". He does admit, though, that the incel community's "close engagement with the complexity of life" allows sociologists to examine how "race-gender discourses perniciously reproduce racial asymmetries and power inequalities".

My personal thoughts:

The vast majority of academic literature surrounding the incel community comes in one of two approaches: 1) from a counter-extremist perspective that lumps incels more broadly in with other domestic security threats in North America and Western Europe (see Hoffman et al); or 2) from a feminist perspective that generalizes incel discourse as yet another aspect of hegemonic masculinity.

That Gallagher has avoided the pitfalls of either approach is commendable. The anthropologist perspective on the incel community is deserving of social commentary.

His methodology and conclusions are not without flaws, however. For logistical reasons, he has not engaged in direct communication with any incel; such communication might enrich his paper. And while I am glad that he is willing to tackle the toxic race-gender discourses which adversely influence perceptions of ethnicels, I was also hoping to see more content surrounding lookism and its general ramifications on non-sexual aspects of social behaviour.

Possible topics for further discussion by the academic community might include 1) the normative justifiability of lookism* in various behavioural contexts, 2) possible policy interventions by the public sector and civil society, 3) normative justifications of such intervention, if any, and 4) the affect theory as applied to online discourse and identity-building (the interactions between incels.co and r/IncelTear in particular). Though I will admit that these topics of choice simply reflect my personal bias as someone studying philosophy, political science, and economics.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*considering that lookism is inextricably tied to not only race and gender but also social class

Last edited:
This guy took our LDAR forum and turned it into a harvard study JFL

jfl at studying tons of posters from this forum

But in all seriousness this guy is a lot more open minded than the vast majority of our critics.

I said soycucktier since he didn't use any of my posts

ngl its a little too long for me so I didn't read it fully.

From what I've read the author seems relatively open minded in exploring blackpill concepts, which is definitely better than all "journalists".

What about me and p.77? :feelswhere:
Your post was featured on page 77 of an Ivy League student's study on the incel community. This post in particular:
Also my cousin in law is a chad playing video games and noone cares.
Just click on the link and read it.

I said soycucktier since he didn't use any of my posts

ngl its a little too long for me so I didn't read it fully.
At least read my summary of his conclusion.

I was going to select very based, but I realized it was just my personal bias of "feeling good" being referenced in a thesis, its just "based", if he went hardcore black pill it would have been very based

This guy took our LDAR forum and turned it into a harvard study JFL
Dartmouth study more like

1) from a counter-extremist perspective that lumps incels more broadly in with other domestic security threats in North America and Western Europe (see Hoffman et al); or 2) from a feminist perspective that generalizes incel discourse as yet another aspect of hegemonic masculinity.
yup it's not just bluepilled normies lurking about here, but also glowniggers and academics

And while I am glad that he is willing to tackle the toxic race-gender discourses which adversely influence perceptions of ethnicels, I was also hoping to see more content surrounding lookism and its general ramifications on non-sexual aspects of social behaviour.
race affects all areas of social behavior and is not limited to sexuality, sex being just a consequence of the former

But in all seriousness this guy is a lot more open minded than the vast majority of our critics.

JFL @ incel rhetoric being referenced in a thesis, we live in truly weird times

It's a well written post as you correctly stated.

I believe the best research ever done have no element of their personal "feelings".
Point. Evidence. Analysis. Expansion is the method my English teacher taught me.

You can't go into a study with a premeditated conclusion. He went in with an open mind and realised the truths that lay within the blackpill. It's a shame other humans can't follow such footsteps.

Fuck that, we are not test subjects to be observed! Studying us like we are inferior or animals, that son of a bitch can go fuck himself!

It's relatively based because of chapter 4, previous studies done by soys only study incels in a manosphere/right wing context and studies done by foids are just "man bad" essays. He actually covers the racepill which is nice as that is a major part of inceldom.

Based comments but the author is a cuck.

Screen Shot 2020 10 30 at 30539 PM

Mogs me because vocabulary

truecels didn't get featured :feelsrope:always invisible, even to researchers
they couldn't swallow the sleepoverpill, it's too soul-crushing

He did his thesis on LARPS LOLOLOLOL

He seems existentialpilled.

i wasnt referenced. :feelscry: :feelscry: :feelscry: I have no legacy in anything :feelsbadman::feelscry: Trucels lose again and again. Even a semi-open minded academic prefers fakecels and larpers over the real deal, we're that undesirable. It's over.... :feelsrope:

Academic guy, I know you have high IQ, if you are reading this, pick and choose accounts that are authentic and arent greycel troll tier next time. Thanks.. :feelscry:

Seems like a waste of time ngl. can someone TLDR?

Also why the fuck wasn't I in this.

I wonder if he can he pull off a thesis by lurking the threads in the Sewers

It’s a relief to read something like this, he’s one of the few people who’s taken a look at inceldom in an honest light.

Also jfl at the people getting mad at him, what would you prefer another gay feminist “analyst” about us?

It's a nice change of pace from the usual witch hunts.

Lmao the only comment he quoted and censored is by me
NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

quote me again stupid fucking soyboy retard

Thank you for letting me know of this paper.
It will probably take me a week to finish it. I read a couple pages here and there today but all the quotes and comments are just too much for one sitting. I get very depressed reading all the suffering the users are expressing because we are all in the same boat. A sinking boat where nothing changes and doom is the destination.

While I do feel some amount of joy that a paper was written in such a based and thoughtful light I can't help but think all our words and experiences and pain are being condensed so one normie can get a successful mark on a paper. It just kind of puts everything into perspective that incels are always second-thought. Nobody in the class cares about the subject matter. Nobody cares that these words are from real men with real lives that walk among them. The very same people that are oblivious to our unfortunate circumstances could be the ones to change them. No change of thought or societal shift is going to be happening with such a paper. Was the paper structured well? Proper grammar? Concise points with evidence? Sufficient length? Noted resources? That is all that matters.

In all manners of discussion we always come last.

I bet his FEMALE anthro prof will fail him. Also feel influence mogged to oblivion for not making it on this paper

Last edited:
Thank you for letting me know of this paper.
It will probably take me a week to finish it. I read a couple pages here and there today but all the quotes and comments are just too much for one sitting. I get very depressed reading all the suffering the users are expressing because we are all in the same boat. A sinking boat where nothing changes and doom is the destination.

While I do feel some amount of joy that a paper was written in such a based and thoughtful light I can't help but think all our words and experiences and pain are being condensed so one normie can get a successful mark on a paper. It just kind of puts everything into perspective that incels are always second-thought. Nobody in the class cares about the subject matter. Nobody cares that these words are from real men with real lives that walk among them. The very same people that are oblivious to our unfortunate circumstances could be the ones to change them. No change of thought or societal shift is going to be happening with such a paper. Was the paper structured well? Proper grammar? Concise points with evidence? Sufficient length? Noted resources? That is all that matters.

In all manners of discussion we always come last.
I don't think he will get a good mark for his paper, no matter how good it is. Institutions are corrupt. It would be cool to turn this paper into a youtube documentary.

EDIT, just found this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h-Zz3miJsU&feature=youtu.be

Brutal voicepill

He actually made it onto the honors program, lol his paper is linked here:

if that's his voice narrating this, I think he got away with this only because he has a gay/tranny voice

Last edited:
Soy Tier

Lookism permeates all aspects of existence not just with foids

But by those standards

Rather Incel then cuck:dab:

I've always thought we deserved this level of Anthropological analysis, but now that I'm skimming thru this paper I sort of hate it.

He's just regurgitating everything we are saying in a more soy way so he can get his overpriced diploma, and impress his cocksucking professors.

Anthropology in itself is in some ways an inherently condescending field. It's akin to an advanced form of life studying primitive humans from their UFOs. I mean take this snippet:

2020 10 31 18 14 39 Microsoft Word   Gallagher Thesisdocx   gallagher thesispdf

I find it fascinating that he did not even pay attention to our usernames, profile pics, etc. To me, all you guys, YOU ARE PEOPLE. You are real. To this guy, we're just data, and a meal ticket. It's incredibly lazy to not even interact with us virtually to provide an experiential context.

While it is "nice," perhaps necessary that bespoke history of the downtrodden get recorded in some formal fashion, it's also a reminder of our own primitiveness. That our own crude way of recording our history via rants and shitposts does not pass muster for relevance in and of itself, is a reminder that we are inherently seen as not worth listening to in a serious way.

That it takes an academic paper, and Dartmouth credentials to legitimize us is, frankly, insulting, and is a clear example of privilege persuasion bias.

Last edited:
Gallagher ends his thesis by suggesting that the "incel problem" is one that reflects society's broader problems of "patriarchy" and "white supremacy". He does admit, though, that the incel community's "close engagement with the complexity of life" allows sociologists to examine how "race-gender discourses perniciously reproduce racial asymmetries and power inequalities".
:feelsseriously:
To me, all you guys, YOU ARE PEOPLE. You are real. To this guy, we're just data, and a meal ticket.

Last edited:
Fucked up the plot of The Matrix in a footnote, literally unreadable

From a cursory read it sounds amazingly based.

Which if it is I'd be kinda worried if I was him.

Meaning Clown World/ZOG/The Matriarchy aren't very "kind" to say the least to even their "perceived allies" of ours.

If he's somehow attempting to generate true sympathy and understanding for us he'll most likely be locked up right beside the rest of us in Guantanamo Bay as the kikes continuously tie the noose around the American public's collective necks or at least those of the public that disagree with their Marxist/Communist/Bolshevik Anti White/Anti Freedom ideology.

You know back in the days of r/incels there was a guy on there called BF8211 (or something like that) and he was serving in the US military in order to get free college and I'm sure he was studying at Dartmouth when he got his GI bill. I wonder if this is him?

I think its pretty based work considering it was written and published within the realms of cucked Jewish academia.

You know back in the days of r/incels there was a guy on there called BF8211 (or something like that) and he was serving in the US military in order to get free college and I'm sure he was studying at Dartmouth when he got his GI bill. I wonder if this is him?

I think its pretty based work considering it was written and published within the realms of cucked Jewish academia.
he stated in the paper that the scope of his work is limited and biased due to admitting he did not interact with us. He stated that he does not know or pay attention to particular names or avis. Why would he lie about this?

I would like to treat this man to a meal of his choosing. This is a very good paper about the blackpill and hopefully we get many more showing the blackpill in the positive light that it deserves to be in. Yes, i am biased.

I would like to treat this man to a meal of his choosing. This is a very good paper about the blackpill and hopefully we get many more showing the blackpill in the positive light that it deserves to be in. Yes, i am biased.
We need more academics like him.

It's over for never mentioned in a incels.co master thesis cels

This is hilarious :feelskek:
Props at making a whole ass thesis on us though. And he didn’t attack us. Well done!

i wasnt referenced. :feelscry: :feelscry: :feelscry: I have no legacy in anything :feelsbadman::feelscry: Trucels lose again and again. Even a semi-open minded academic prefers fakecels and larpers over the real deal, we're that undesirable. It's over.... :feelsrope:

Academic guy, I know you have high IQ, if you are reading this, pick and choose accounts that are authentic and arent greycel troll tier next time. Thanks.. :feelscry:
Same shit here, I guess we didn't contribute to those threads

This is based, but I did not read it.

How many retards on this thread praising this cuck... there's so many low IQ scum in here that I'm starting to feel I don't belong on this forum, I'd rather get banned. Someone ban me please.

Female Hypergamy (Tinder experiment)

" Significant influences from culture and the environment remain uninterrogated: Is the sample population indicative of the general population? Are these habits consistent in a cross-cultural perspective? Which cultural narratives and discourses might influence norms and expectations around dating for men and women?

None of these considerations are given weight in the publication’s analysis or the secondary interpretation on the scientific blackpill page. Instead, flexible behaviors like Tinder swiping are taken to represent monolithic, evolutionarily determined programs that unconsciously control women and men"

This cuck studied blackpill in-depth and still can't understand the female nature, maybe he should read my "Blackpill Manual" from my sig.

"Is the sample population indicative of the general population?" General population of what? The whole world? These tinder experiments have been repeated HUNDREDS of times in most countries where Tinder is popular, results are always the same.

"Are these habits consistent in a cross-cultural perspective? Which cultural narratives and discourses might influence norms and expectations around dating for men and women? " Most Muslim countries that still have been keeping the female nature curbed don't have these habits, because females don't have the choice, if they have the choice and can act without fearing any repercussions: cultural shaming, getting rejected by their family, getting their reputation ruined, getting beaten up or stoned.

IT'S THE MEN WHO MUST KEEP THE FEMALE HYPERGAMY IN CHECK. The soy men are to be blamed for the current state of the women.

Re: Genetics >>> Everything: Muscle Mass

Genetics are everything, that doesn't mean you can't better yourself, but to look like the ripped guys from magazine you have a lot of things aligned:

Have a good frame ( good skeletal proportions)
Have high natural T naturally or use roids

If you happen to be in the bottom 10% of T then you'll have to work many times harder for worse results than someone who has average T levels.

I was tired of reading the rest and just scrolled down to the bottom and found this "What I hope I have demonstrated in this project is that the “incel problem,” as it is often represented, is no less than a societal problem of patriarchy and white supremacy." JFL

:soy: This cuck is cucking hard for his soy thesis supervisors and communist professors.

Last edited:
How many retards on this thread praising this cuck... there's so many low IQ scum in here that I'm starting to feel I don't belong on this forum, I'd rather get banned. Someone ban me please.

I didn't find the paper praiseworthy either.

I was tired of reading the rest and just scrolled down to the bottom and found this "What I hope I have demonstrated in this project is that the “incel problem,” as it is often represented, is no less than a societal problem of patriarchy and white supremacy." JFL

:soy: This cuck is cucking hard for his soy thesis supervisors and communist professors.
Exactly this. The conclusion co-option of incel problems into the feminist and internationalist narrative that is obsessed with white men.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back