Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion [Effortpost] You should read this Dartmouth anthropology student's thesis on incels.co

Is this a based thesis?

• Total voters
It's a well written post as you correctly stated.

I believe the best research ever done have no element of their personal "feelings".
Point. Evidence. Analysis. Expansion is the method my English teacher taught me.

You can't go into a study with a premeditated conclusion. He went in with an open mind and realised the truths that lay within the blackpill. It's a shame other humans can't follow such footsteps.

I wish I could get a degree buy regurgitating .co posts in pretentious jargon

I was going to select very based, but I realized it was just my personal bias of "feeling good" being referenced in a thesis, its just "based", if he went hardcore black pill it would have been very based
Academic negros walking on eggshells
I wish I could get a degree buy regurgitating .co posts in pretentious jargon

Last edited:
Based Darmouth > Soy Harvard

The blackpill is not an inherently antiscientific understanding of human courtship and social relations
No shit jfl

Because positive framings of inceldom tend to nullify self-worth, incels.co users rely on negative identity practices that simultaneously distance them from Chads and discredit women’s evaluation of desirability. By drawing a tight concordance between masculine identity and psychological state, Chad becomes susceptible to critique. Chad is generally depicted as an arrogant, self-admiring man with animated, perhaps even feminine, colorful clothing. The original 2016 meme that produced his aesthetic (Figure 2) showcases his vanity by highlighting his extreme self-absorption. He pays $3000 for designer clothing, perfectly coifs his hair, and elects visually bright neon attire. He “does not register the emotions or feelings of other at all” because he is entranced with preserving his self-image. Chad’s defects thus refract the problems of the female gaze. Although incessantly adored by women, Chad comes with his own suite of pathetic traits. He is a self-obsessed narcissist who is himself undeserving of the praise he receives from women. Invoking Chad can alleviate vulnerabilities associated with the gaze, because he embodies the fallacy of women’s appraisal as a measure of individual worth.

Trainwreck of a paragraph, mostly wrong.

What I hope I have demonstrated in this project is that the “incel problem,” as it is often represented, is no less than a societal problem of patriarchy and white supremacy. As a potential “strategic” entry into discourse on otherness, studying the articulations of incels.co users refracts broader discourses of power that become mystified under mainstream respectabilities: how science can distort and exaggerate sexual difference in ways that compound gendered power dynamics, and how race-gender discourses perniciously reproduce racial asymmetries and power inequalities. It is through this close engagement with the complexities of life—especially in a group like incels.co that so uniquely attends to sexual, gendered, and racial difference—that we understand how these ideologies produce violence and suffering more broadly. This type of engagement drags these discourses to the surface where they become legible, where they become tools in understanding the possibilities of better futures.

Concludes browsing incels.co and analysing our posts can improve society. :dafuckfeels: :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:
Some of it is pretty good however, so I'll go with based.

Open minded enough to be based, but not blackpilled enough to be very based.

Having read through what you posted, this is one of the most well written paper on incels by normies. However it has some problems:

"While there is no doubt that incel rhetoric borrows heavily from “dated” understandings of human variation, to call the blackpill “pseudoscience” obscures the critical link between inceldom and contemporary academic research. The blackpill is not an inherently antiscientific understanding of human courtship and social relations, but one that pulls significantly from peer-reviewed, “credible” scholarly literature. This suggestion is not intended to validate incel principles; instead, it calls into question the methods and interpretations of current scholarship surrounding apparent gendered difference along mate choice, attraction, and sexuality."

So basically he's saying that because he doesn't like what the science is saying, it should be looked at again because something must be wrong in the science.

Cope

i wasnt referenced. :feelscry: :feelscry: :feelscry: I have no legacy in anything :feelsbadman::feelscry: Trucels lose again and again. Even a semi-open minded academic prefers fakecels and larpers over the real deal, we're that undesirable. It's over.... :feelsrope:

Academic guy, I know you have high IQ, if you are reading this, pick and choose accounts that are authentic and arent greycel troll tier next time. Thanks.. :feelscry:
its over

Bump. In my (academic) opinion this is a very good thesis about incels and I like how the author uses the view of 'diminishing otherness' (an anthropological notion) to study to the phenomenon, as opposed to the feminist view that seems to support ideological ideas in gender studies and does not study the phenomenon from a viewpoint of empathy, but rather hate.

Think about it rationally. Has there ever been a phenomenon more motivated by jealousy than slut shaming? A bunch of incels saying "you're bad because you have sex a lot." Fucking lol
:soy::soy::soy::soy:

Where is the paper?

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back