Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Even those of us rotting should change the way we rot.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
It seems like most of my posts are about rotting but here goes: I've spent 16 hours a day (minus uni and shit when I didn't skip) just rotting all my life. But I didn't do anything enjoyable. I'd just browse the internet mindlessly or consume media and I'd forget all of it 5 minutes later.

Anyway, I don't want to stop rotting. I'll miss rotting when I'll have to go to work all day long (although I'll still be rotting after work/during weekends). BUT, I don't want to waste my life just killing time and not even enjoying myself, forgetting what I consumed and having no memories of what I did cause it was so pointless.

My point is, we need to stop browsing the internet so much. No more sites with pointless and endless content like youtube, reddit, 4chan.

I want to keep rotting but I'd love it if I actually did something while rotting. Even just playing a game, even just reading a book or watching a movie. Not just rewatching the same sitcoms I've seen 50 times, but actually selecting a movie and enjoying it, remembering it. Not just watching youtube videos of let's plays or reviews of games or reading about games on reddit, but actually sitting down and finishing a game. No more posts from various subreddits that seem interesting at the moment and even informative and useful like news or some scientific shit, but actually selecting a book and reading it.

Idk if I'll be able to do it, but I'm sure that if we can do it, rotting will be so much more enjoyable. @Gymcelled @Tenshi @Gyros_Pretcel @turbocuckcel_7000

There were a couple of times in my life where I was stuck with no internet for a little while. Tbh I did nothing besides reading books and exercising. It wasn't that much different from rotting.

Might have been better for my attention span though

This site is the best form of rotting tbh.

We're in deepest levels, normies calling playing video games wasting time ,yet, we can't even play games that requrie focus cause we rotted our brain so hard.

We're in deepest levels, normies calling playing video games wasting time ,yet, we can't even play games that requrie focus cause we rotted our brain so hard.
just stare at walls theory

There were a couple of times in my life where I was stuck with no internet for a little while. Tbh I did nothing besides reading books and exercising. It wasn't that much different from rotting.

Damn, it still wasn't better? I was seriously hoping it would feel much better cause all this mindless browsing is really unsatisfying, a day passes by in what feels like minutes and I remember nothing, no memory has formed and I didn't even enjoy myself.

I feel the exact same. I have wasted far too much of my time on things i won't even remember.

Absolutely, you're on point. I can't even play most games out there. I can't even watch a movie tbh without 20 minutes in just saying fuck it and reading the summary online.

A better way to rot is to consume content you actually enjoy instead of low quality stuff only made to provoke a reaction out of you.

Damn, it still wasn't better? I was seriously hoping it would feel much better cause all this mindless browsing is really unsatisfying, a day passes by in what feels like minutes and I remember nothing, no memory has formed and I didn't even enjoy myself.
Well I mean I was still in my room doing essentially nothing ... It's not like I was meeting people, making friends and building memories

Well I mean I was still in my room doing essentially nothing ... It's not like I was meeting people, making friends and building memories
Well, I won't ever do that. I'm avoidant and introverted by nature, people just drain me of my energy, it's tiring and even a bit stressful being around people. So really, I just need to improve the way I'm rotting cause I'm going to do this till the day I die, I definitely won't ever become sociable, I tried before but I hated it so much I just avoided people even more after a short while.
A better way to rot is to consume content you actually enjoy instead of low quality stuff only made to provoke a reaction out of you.
Problem is that I don't seem to actually enjoy anything.

Ugh, i've spent so much time in my life just browing youtube, forums and watching random movies, all of which i forgot about soon after. Just killing time waiting to die. Yup.

Well, I won't ever do that. I'm avoidant and introverted by nature, people just drain me of my energy, it's tiring and even a bit stressful being around people. So really, I just need to improve the way I'm rotting cause I'm going to do this till the day I die, I definitely won't ever become sociable, I tried before but I hated it so much I just avoided people even more after a short while.

Problem is that I don't seem to actually enjoy anything.
You could always try picking up a book or two and try to read them for a day or two without turning on your computer

I don't usually play erotic visual novellas, but when I do, I go for 8 hours straight. Quite memorable. Then I forget they exist for a year.

not sure what would get you unstuck from rotting completely unproductively, but i think you need a break from everything
spend some time just resting and thinking, without using a computer or tv
this is how i broke out of some pretty bad mental patterns here and there, the clearer mind and inactivity eventually made me yearn for some action again, some interaction with the world

Lay Down And Relax!

Some of you guys are pretty young. It gets easier as you get older and become more comfortable with yourself. Getting your own space is crucial.

Lay Down And Relax!

Some of you guys are pretty young. It gets easier as you get older and become more comfortable with yourself. Getting your own space is crucial.
Yeah just get your own space as a mentally ill poor ethnic piece of shit with no skills and no money and nobody to give you a job. Nice advice mang

unironically applies to me. i often meditate staring at a literal wall fo hours or walk around pointlessly for hours. cant be bothered to game cause they are too much work
just stare at walls theory

Half the time i play games the other half i am on this forum if i am not sleeping.

I have been thinking about the same recently, kinda tired of rotting in the same pointless manner. And those types of, let's say "productive" rotting are so much more pleasant, especially when you can't rot constantly like when you're working, having some time to lay down and watch something feels great.

it may get better over time as your brain detox itself from the dopamine surplus we get with these kind of "fast-rotting" like posting here or watching stupid yt videos

I did the same thing once and idk but things felt more vivid, also time seemed to have slowed down a bit which feels nice

That got to me

Ok how do we fix our attention span