Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News Every single man will go bald at some point in his life, women most affected.

I started balding at 18, now almost completely bald at 24
Still have hair on the sides and back though so basically I got a clown haircut
Doesn't matter though cause I always wear a cap when I go outside so my baldness isn't visible and I can feel a bit less like a subhuman

A bald woman is a more jarring sight than a bald man.

I started balding at 18, now almost completely bald at 24
Still have hair on the sides and back though so basically I got a clown haircut
Doesn't matter though cause I always wear a cap when I go outside so my baldness isn't visible and I can feel a bit less like a subhuman
Brutal.

Imagine trying to date as a hatcel.

Not true. Some people dont go bald.

Holy fuck nigga you're obnoxious.

You can't just complain about anything. This is women bringing attention to female baldness, this is not them saying "Male baldness doesn't matter." They even mention male baldness in the article.

There's plenty of moments in history where men have been ignored in favor of women, and they've been discussed on this forum. But I don't think this is one of them.

This is women bringing attention to female baldness, this is not them saying "Male baldness doesn't matter."
It feels like I am talking to an ITtard

But I don't think this is one of them.
It's because being bald as a female isn't going to condemn you to a life of loneliness. Also it's infinitely more acceptable for women to wear wigs than it is for men. It's a non issue.

It's because being bald as a female isn't going to condemn you to a life of loneliness. Also it's infinitely more acceptable for women to wear wigs than it is for men. It's a non issue.

Isn't that because a bald woman is a hideous thing to behold, and they should cover that up somehow?

I couldn't get away with being bald, but some men do. The only women I've seen pull off bald are doing the "I'm not attractive, but I'm unashamed of my disease" thing.

You can't just complain about anything. This is women bringing attention to female baldness, this is not them saying "Male baldness doesn't matter."
yes it is.
They even mention male baldness in the article.
One man, 6 women. Black women even get mentioned before men. When most black women wear wigs by choice.
There's plenty of moments in history where men have been ignored in favor of women, and they've been discussed on this forum. But I don't think this is one of them.
Nigga, this is like writing an article about breast cancer and making it about men. Baldness barely impacts women but destroys men. How many men do you know who have suffered some form of balding compared to women? I bet you don't know a single woman. All the women I know had fine hair into old age. Almost all of the men I know went bald to some degree. My Mum is in her 60s and has a great head of thick hair. My Dad went bald in his early 20s. In addition, realistic wigs for women have been available for decades, they only recently became available for men.

The author is an immigrant, young, female diversity hire. Here's one of her very few previous articles: https://www.media-diversity.org/bla...hing-a-sinister-millennial-form-of-blackface/

yes it is.

One man, 6 women. Black women even get mentioned before men. When most black women wear wigs by choice.

Nigga, this is like writing an article about breast cancer and making it about men. Baldness barely impacts women but destroys men. How many men do you know who have suffered some form of balding compared to women? I bet you don't know a single woman. All the women I know had fine hair into old age. Almost all of the men I know went bald to some degree. My Mum is in her 60s and has a great head of thick hair. My Dad went bald in his early 20s. In addition, realistic wigs for women have been available for decades, they only recently became available for men.

The author is an immigrant, young, female diversity hire. Here's one of her very few previous articles: https://www.media-diversity.org/bla...hing-a-sinister-millennial-form-of-blackface/

Baldness is more common for men, but for whom is it more acceptable? Baldness alone, no other factors, which is weirder? A bald man or a bald woman?

You wanna say women wear wigs? Men wear pieces too. And I don't know that it's "less acceptable" for a man to wear a piece or get plugs than it is for a woman to wear a wig.

I could see the case being made for it, but it would be based on the idea that it's more horrible for women to be bald, and therefore more acceptable for them to do whatever they can to fight it. And I could see how that's unfair for men. That's it's "necessary and acceptable" for women to wear wigs, but "vain" for men to wear pieces. But that would be the explanation. And I can understand feeling shortchanged to hear "Men aren't suffering from lookism as much as women when it comes to baldness," all things square and equal, all bald people should be allowed to wear hairpieces.

But that's the debate: Is it weirder for women to be bald than men?

yes it is.

Baldness is more common for men, but for whom is it more acceptable? Baldness alone, no other factors, which is weirder? A bald man or a bald woman?

You wanna say women wear wigs? Men wear pieces too. And I don't know that it's "less acceptable" for a man to wear a piece or get plugs than it is for a woman to wear a wig.

I could see the case being made for it, but it would be based on the idea that it's more horrible for women to be bald, and therefore more acceptable for them to do whatever they can to fight it. And I could see how that's unfair for men. That's it's "necessary and acceptable" for women to wear wigs, but "vain" for men to wear pieces. But that would be the explanation. And I can understand feeling shortchanged to hear "Men aren't suffering from lookism as much as women when it comes to baldness," all things square and equal, all bald people should be allowed to wear hairpieces.

But that's the debate: Is it weirder for women to be bald than men?

Who cares what's "weirder"? It's worse for a man, because a bald woman has exponentially more SMV than a bald man, on account of being a woman. And she can easily get a wig and most men won't even know or care.
You wanna say women wear wigs? Men wear pieces too.
"Pieces" were laughably obvious and unrealistic until very recently.

You're individualising it when the article is making it about gender groups. And approaching the article from a typical feminist perspective, which does the same.

Who cares what's "weirder"? It's worse for a man, because a bald woman has exponentially more SMV than a bald man, on account of being a woman. And she can easily get a wig and most men won't even know or care.

Looking weird lowers SMV, doesn't it?

"Pieces" were laughably obvious and unrealistic until very recently.

You're individualising it when the article is making it about gender groups. And approaching the article from a typical feminist perspective, which does the same.

How recently? Because there's a lot of men around today who have been bald/balding for a while, but the majority of people don't know it.