Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Fuck this shitty book I'm reading

Indari

Indari

Nigger
★★★★★
Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld. I borrowed it because it was a book about high school that's not shitty YA with a boring self-insert protagonist. The whole book the dumb bitch main character lusts after Chad and at one point he literally walks into her room drunk in the middle of the night (boarding school) with no protests from her and she lets him finger her. They have barely interacted before that. She also is portrayed as a mythical fembot (although the author admitted in an interview she was not unpopular in school herself) and ridiculously, annoyingly self-conscious even in her senior year. She gets a best friend and has sexual relations with her crush with absolutely no effort whatsoever on her part. I don't know why I'm a creative writing major. I fucking hate books. I hate them all. Just another decision by me that I think is ok and will probably turn out way worse than I ever anticipated.

Indari said:
I don't know why I'm a creative writing major. I fucking hate books. I hate them all. Just another decision by me that I think is ok and will probably turn out way worse than I ever anticipated.

maybe you can write a book with a blackpill/incel perspective.

Why would you read a book like this?

Read a book that is more suited to your actual tastes, or at least to incel life. If you want recommendations, this is the place to ask for them.

blickpall said:
Why would you read a book like this?

Read a book that is more suited to your actual tastes, or at least to incel life. If you want recommendations, this is the place to ask for them.
It is the closest thing I could find. I've also read No Longer Human and Loner by Teddy Wayne. Nothing hits the nail on the head.

All of them sound like shitty teenage books written by John Green tbh. Step up your game.

To make matters worse, this book sounds like an accurate portrayal of the average female's life. If anything, it would be more realistic if Chad outright fucked her then and there.

My Twisted World is a pretty good read imo

read kafka celine and cioran

Minjaze said:
To make matters worse, this book sounds like an accurate portrayal of the average female's life. If anything, it would be more realistic if Chad outright fucked her then and there.
Indeed. It must be since the book seems to be written realistically as possible and the author is a woman. I am just hoping he pumps and dumps her.

Read Kafka, specifically the stories The Transformation, A Country Doctor, and In the Penal Colony, and the novel The Trial. He's good at capturing the futility and absurdity of life, and the protagonist of The Transformation is slowly treated like shit because he turns into an ugly insect, so it may somewhat parallel your situation.

For nonfiction read the Schopenhauer essays On the Emptiness of Existence and On the Suffering of the World. Dude black pills you on life by pointing out that most of it is characterized by suffering, and the pleasure you experience either leaves you wanting more or gives way to boredom if sustained for long enough. Life is shit due to the nature of existing, basically.