Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media Gotham Knights TV series episode 3 - female Robin just defeated the Mutant Gang Leader and I'm not even mad

Sheogorath

Sheogorath

Paragon
★★★★★
Too often they do BS like a girl just outright overpowers a guy and it looks ridiculous, but this is a much more believable fight which I think they did well.

You actually have the adult male being competent and for the most part kicking her ass - even though he underestimates her, she's largely unable to overpower him, even after getting an advantageous position (rear choke) he just flings her off. Even catches her weapon and uses it against her.

Ultimately she only wins because of having situational awareness and luckily realizing how her weapon could uniquely interact with the environment around her. Your average foid would of course panic and have tunnel vision and not notice shit like that, but that's what makes the character Carrie Kelley a heroic ideal for women to aspire to.

That's not the say the series as a whole is excellent. This same episode is full of BS like somehow Duela Doe is able to beat a bunch of mutant gang members in unarmed combat - fuck that BS. Women winning with weaponry I can buy, but let's not go crazy here.

Duela is an annoying Mary-Sue but Carrie/Robin so far I'm liking.

They did this properly in episode 2 as well - the Court of Owls sent their Talon and Carrie couldn't counter him alone, she needed Batman's adopted son just to hold him off long enough for another member of the partie to shoot him so they could run away.

I'm liking Talon as the big bad so far and how they're using COO. I believe Gotham might've used them but not to this degree.

The only thing I don't like about the "hunting Waynes" storyline is it kinda clashes w/ the recent season of Pennyworth because there doesn't seem any obvious CoO involvement with how Thomas Wayne's father died, unless we posit they somehow tipped the scales there.

Nice assessment. What is this show?

Too often they do BS like a girl just outright overpowers a guy and it looks ridiculous, but this is a much more believable fight which I think they did well.

View attachment 731620

You actually have the adult male being competent and for the most part kicking her ass - even though he underestimates her, she's largely unable to overpower him, even after getting an advantageous position (rear choke) he just flings her off. Even catches her weapon and uses it against her.

Ultimately she only wins because of having situational awareness and luckily realizing how her weapon could uniquely interact with the environment around her. Your average foid would of course panic and have tunnel vision and not notice shit like that, but that's what makes the character Carrie Kelley a heroic ideal for women to aspire to.

That's not the say the series as a whole is excellent. This same episode is full of BS like somehow Duela Doe is able to beat a bunch of mutant gang members in unarmed combat - fuck that BS. Women winning with weaponry I can buy, but let's not go crazy here.

Duela is an annoying Mary-Sue but Carrie/Robin so far I'm liking.

They did this properly in episode 2 as well - the Court of Owls sent their Talon and Carrie couldn't counter him alone, she needed Batman's adopted son just to hold him off long enough for another member of the partie to shoot him so they could run away.

I'm liking Talon as the big bad so far and how they're using COO. I believe Gotham might've used them but not to this degree.

The only thing I don't like about the "hunting Waynes" storyline is it kinda clashes w/ the recent season of Pennyworth because there doesn't seem any obvious CoO involvement with how Thomas Wayne's father died, unless we posit they somehow tipped the scales there.
Its feminism to blame for the man being a beta to the alpha female

He's not beta he just underestimates her and she uses weaponry