Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Grand Concourse and Fordham Road in the Bronx

have u ever been to coney island?

have u ever been to coney island?
Yeah, to the beach and the boardwalk. Been to the amusement park and aquarium there, too.

@Copexodius Maximus

The Bronx looks a lot better than what I imagined it would look like.
Not as bad as it used to, in the '70s and '80s there were a lot of burnt apartment buildings and vacant lots where those buildings used to be.

Idk why, but Fordham Road reminds me of London and Yonge Street in Toronto.

Not as bad as it used to, in the '70s and '80s there were a lot of burnt apartment buildings and vacant lots where those buildings used to be.

Idk why, but Fordham Road reminds me of London and Yonge Street in Toronto.
Was there “gentrification” in the bronx? Cause seems like a good thing.

Was there “gentrification” in the bronx? Cause seems like a good thing.
In the Mott Haven and Port Morris area you see a lot of old abandoned factories and warehouses getting converted into commercial and office spaces and new high rises are being built there too, I've been there and you do see some white people there. It's getting a lot of development since it's close to Manhattan and a great place for young white hipsters who are priced out of the main borough.

The rest of the South Bronx aren't as gentrified. It's still mostly black and Latinos. Though you do see new residences and malls where the vacant lots used to be.

In the Mott Haven and Port Morris area you see a lot of old abandoned factories and warehouses getting converted into commercial and office spaces and new high rises are being built there too, I've been there and you do see some white people there. It's getting a lot of development since it's close to Manhattan and a great place for young white hipsters who are priced out of the main borough.

The rest of the South Bronx aren't as gentrified. It's still mostly black and Latinos. Though you do see new residences and malls where the vacant lots used to be.
Gentrified doesn’t mean white replacement jfl, it means richer people are moving into the neighbourhood and change the characteristic of the neighborhoods and poor people are driven our due to increasing property values and taxes.

Are your cities in America broken into seperate industrial, commercial, and residential zones just like in Canada?

Gentrified doesn’t mean white replacement jfl, it means richer people are moving into the neighbourhood and change the characteristic of the neighborhoods and poor people are driven our due to increasing property values and taxes.
I mean, the South Bronx is still a low income and working class area. It's not like the Upper East Side or even the rest of the Bronx which is more middle class.

You still see some homeless people and drug use around here.
Are your cities in America broken into seperate industrial, commercial, and residential zones just like in Canada?
Yep. NYC used to have many small pockets of industrial areas and then tenements were built or converted to house workers.