Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Gunbuster is the best anime ever

Mainländer

Mainländer

Songwritercel
★★★★★
A466 342151583314690913841

It's technically an OVA, but even so it's better than all other animes, and the more classical animes I finish, the more I realize that fact.

Gunbuster is extremely well done for the time, the story is 10/10, the subtleties and references are brilliant and the ending is superb, something really, really hard to find in animes.

Evangelion would be better (it's longer and more in-depth) but the ending and especially the Rebuild ruined it.

In 6 episodes, made 30 years ago, it still manages to mog every other anime ever.

Last edited:
watch legend of the galactic heroes

The newer mobile suit gundams are my fav mech animes tbh

I started watching it like 1 year ago and never finished.

The newer mobile suit gundams are my fav mech animes tbh
I haven't seen any of the newer ones, except IBO which I thought was mediocre. How do you think they compare to 0079, Zeta, and Wing?

I haven't seen any of the newer ones, except IBO which I thought was mediocre. How do you think they compare to 0079, Zeta, and Wing?
I havent seen the old ones tbh
I enjoyed IBO

I'm not entirely certain if I have a favorite anime, maybe Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Monster, or Claymore. That's if we're not counting anime movies anyway.

watch legend of the galactic heroes

I do not believe that there is "one best anime" from an objective standpoint. Many shows have their own unique story and audiences. There can be a subjective best anime though

I do not believe that there is "one best anime" from an objective standpoint. Many shows have their own unique story and audiences. There can be a subjective best anime though

water is wet my bro

"Objective best anime doesn't exist"

"Objective best anime doesn't exist"

Berserk seems to be pretty good but there can't be a best show when they all tackle different issues and have different premises :)

Berserk seems to be pretty good but there can't be a best show when they all tackle different issues and have different premises :)
Berserk 2016 is a disaster, women have no nipples in this anime.

Know about it, never bothered to watch it. Not because of lack of time obv.
Would try to grab it this year.

Downloaded it recently, thanks for the recommendation.

Know about it, never bothered to watch it. Not because of lack of time obv.
Would try to grab it this year.
You won't regret watching it!

What's it about, without spoilers?
Cute girl (the one from my avi) has lost her father, who was the captain of a fleet that fought against the space monsters which are trying to exterminate mankind. She trains to become a space warrior as well, goes through lots of difficulties and the story explores the differences in how the time passes in space while traveling at light speed and on Earth.

The story is great and the ending is unexpected and 10/10, best ending of anime history.

Drawing looks shitty
I think it's great for 1988. Shit's as old as me, kek.

Downloaded it recently, thanks for the recommendation.
You're welcome, bro :feelsokman:

Cute girl (the one from my avi) has lost her father, who was the captain of a fleet that fought against the space monsters which are trying to exterminate mankind. She trains to become a space warrior as well, goes through lots of difficulties and the story explores the differences in how the time passes in space while traveling at light speed and on Earth.

The story is great and the ending is unexpected and 10/10, best ending of anime history.
Ok cool I'll probably check it out :feelsokman:

Have you seen Ulysses 31?

Ulysse 31 is decent. I was young when I discovered it so my view can be very different if I would watch it today as an adult.

I miss old Gainax to be honest. They did some good shit like Gunbuster, Evangelion, FLCL, Mahoromatic, Royal Space Force.
Now there's Trigger but they clearly can't achieve the same greatness as Gainax.

I miss old Gainax to be honest. They did some good shit like Gunbuster, Evangelion, FLCL, Mahoromatic, Royal Space Force.
Now there's Trigger but they clearly can't achieve the same greatness as Gainax.
I haven't seen a truly good anime produced in this millennium.

Kodomo No Jikan is great, but just as a manga. The anime is too short and doesn't cover even 1/5 of the story.

Your opinion bro:feelsokman:

I haven't seen a truly good anime produced in this millennium.
There's still some good shit getting produced imo, if they don't fuck the second season Mob Psycho 100 has the potential of being one of the greatest anime of the decade,

Never felt like watching it tbh.

It also reminds me of Zesto.
It's a beautiful tale of manly friendship and rivalry.
This is one of those shows that no woman could ever understand.
I highly recommend it.

Pingu is the greatest anime of all time. Nothing can convince me otherwise.

Sort of looks like waifufaggotry to me.My choice of preference is Cyber City Oedo 808 and maybe Samurai Champloo.

Ive never could understand the reason of why people like anime. It is so infantile so vapidl. I can not imagine grown adult in sane mind who likes anime.

Ive never could understand the reason of why people like anime. It is so infantile so vapidl. I can not imagine grown adult in sane mind who likes anime.
You're right about most anime, but some are truly good. You could read them as a book and still think it's good. Gunbuster is one of them in my opinion.

You're right about most anime, but some are truly good. You could read them as a book and still think it's good. Gunbuster is one of them in my opinion.
I would try if only there was some dark gothic depressive anime.