Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Has anyone here also a thin skin?

L

Lebensmüder

Soon to be deleted account
★★★
I used to be patient, but nowadays I easily become frustrated/aggressive. More of a decade of constant bullying didn't make me more resilient towards insults, it transformed me into an aggressive/self-assertive person, I suffer from extreme anger issues and completely explode as soon as someone I personally know says something remotely insulting to me. My tolerance never increased, only my potential for aggression.
In kindergarden I was abused by other kids and the personal and this trend continued until high school - I have built up so much anger over these years, everyone who remotely criticizes/insults me irl gets a verbal smackdown, I just took insults/beatings over the years and now I just cannot take it anymore, even the smallest thing is enough to anger me. I can take/tolerate criticism only in a professional setting, criticism against me on a personal level however (especially when it comes from relatives/"friends") sends me into a complete rage - and most of the time I then stop to interact with that person for at least a few weeks/months.

Nowadays I try to avoid interacting with human beings altogether. I hate everyone, especially women. Humans are nothing more than an annoyance, they always want to judge/criticize/pathologize/analyze/comment/etc., always they want to offer their condescending "help", feign compassion or give unsolicited and completely unrealistic advice. Why can't they just remain quiet? The mere sound of their voice makes me angry, you really see the contempt/disdain or the feigned pity dripping out of each word. Do you know what? I like open contempt more than feigned compassion/realness/relatability. And then they always ask the same thing a couple of times: "Are you sure?"; "Are you really sure?"; "Are you really, really sure?" - Yes, just be quiet, I know what I want. I am unironically an unpleasant person who is easily angered nowadays, but others also keep poking the bear and provoke this.

I couldn't even get a relationship nowadays anymore even if I had better looks, because I am mentally destroyed: I
need silence to peacefully exist, everyone (especially my relatives/peers) always criticized/pathologized/analyzed me from my earliest childhood on, nothing I did remained without a malicious comment from someone, I never felt accepted anywhere, I always felt watched and nervous.
Women are nagging annoyances when it comes to physically unattractive males and I cannot take their bickering/permanent destructive critique, I want nothing more than acceptance without any need to constantly justify myself/my desires, for my entire life I was in the dock, nowadays I desire exactly the opposite as my ideal way of life: Unaccountable freedom of action.

Last edited:
People will admit that beating the fuck out of a dog its entire life or abusing a children will result in bad behavior, bad personality, bad social skills etc but will then turn around and shame the guy who's been bullied because he's not a social butterfly like gigachad

People will admit that beating the fuck out of a dog its entire life or abusing a children will result in bad behavior, bad personality, bad social skills etc but will then turn around and shame the guy who's been bullied because he's not a social butterfly like gigachad
Absolute truth.

I used to be patient, but nowadays I easily become frustrated/aggressive. More of a decade of constant bullying didn't make me more resilient towards insults, it transformed me into an aggressive/self-assertive person, I suffer from extreme anger issues and completely explode as soon as someone I personally know says something remotely insulting to me. My tolerance never increased, only my potential for aggression.
In kindergarden I was abused by other kids and the personal and this trend continued until high school - I have built up so much anger over these years, everyone who remotely criticizes/insults me irl gets a verbal smackdown, I just took insults/beatings over the years and now I just cannot take it anymore, even the smallest thing is enough to anger me. I can take/tolerate criticism only in a professional setting, criticism against me on a personal level however (especially when it comes from relatives/"friends") sends me into a complete rage - and most of the time I then stop to interact with that person for at least a few weeks/months.

Nowadays I try to avoid interacting with human beings altogether. I hate everyone, especially women. Humans are nothing more than an annoyance, they always want to judge/criticize/pathologize/analyze/comment/etc., always they want to offer their condescending "help", feign compassion or give unsolicited and completely unrealistic advice. Why can't they just remain quiet? The mere sound of their voice makes me angry, you really see the contempt/disdain or the feigned pity dripping out of each word. Do you know what? I like open contempt more than feigned compassion/realness/relatability. And then they always ask the same thing a couple of times: "Are you sure?"; "Are you really sure?"; "Are you really, really sure?" - Yes, just be quiet, I know what I want. I am unironically an unpleasant person who is easily angered nowadays, but others also keep poking the bear and provoke this.

I couldn't even get a relationship nowadays anymore even if I had better looks, because I am mentally destroyed: I
need silence to peacefully exist, everyone (especially my relatives/peers) always criticized/pathologized/analyzed me from my earliest childhood on, nothing I did remained without a malicious comment from someone, I never felt accepted anywhere, I always felt watched and nervous.
Women are nagging annoyances when it comes to physically unattractive males and I cannot take their bickering/permanent destructive critique, I want nothing more than acceptance without any need to constantly justify myself/my desires, for my entire life I was in the dock, nowadays I desire exactly the opposite as my ideal way of life: Unaccountable freedom of action.
Bullying has been shown to have a bigger mark on your mental state than PTSD, the worst part about this is that it's never just one isolated case of bullying, over time it starts to feel like the whole world is out to get you. I can relate with the whole advice thing and how normies always act. Whenever I would vent to my friends or my parents about my problems the first thing they'd do is they'd try and tell me what they'd do, as if they know, as if they can understand, as if they truly care. It seems like they just respond to fuel their own egos and warped sense of 'intelligence,' and feel like they've contributed something when they've just wasted my time. I swear normies all act the same, they're basically NPCs to me at this point.

Anyways, I'm not super angry or anything as a result of my own bullying, but I do give out much more vicious punishments to those who slight me. If someone punches me then I have to beat them to an inch of their life because my experiences have taught me that once someone hates you it's over, there's no such thing as making a friend out of an enemy, they'll despise you forever and a weak ass retribution will only make their resentment grow.

I have retreated from society completely. Even when went to university before the lockdown, I talked to no one throughout the entire day and in the little tutorial groups we had I joined the ones with foreign Chinese students in them so I didn't have to talk. Feels good tbh.

People saying you have a thin skin is just more victim blaming "you are being too sensitive, dude" type lies meant to make you look like the bad guy for objecting to being made fun of.

Bullying has been shown to have a bigger mark on your mental state than PTSD, the worst part about this is that it's never just one isolated case of bullying, over time it starts to feel like the whole world is out to get you. I can relate with the whole advice thing and how normies always act. Whenever I would vent to my friends or my parents about my problems the first thing they'd do is they'd try and tell me what they'd do, as if they know, as if they can understand, as if they truly care. It seems like they just respond to fuel their own egos and warped sense of 'intelligence,' and feel like they've contributed something when they've just wasted my time. I swear normies all act the same, they're basically NPCs to me at this point.
This.
Anyways, I'm not super angry or anything as a result of my own bullying, but I do give out much more vicious punishments to those who slight me. If someone punches me then I have to beat them to an inch of their life because my experiences have taught me that once someone hates you it's over, there's no such thing as making a friend out of an enemy, they'll despise you forever and a weak ass retribution will only make their resentment grow.
Brutal truth, but extremely based that you are physically strong enough to teach people not to mess with you.
I have retreated from society completely. Even when went to university before the lockdown, I talked to no one throughout the entire day and in the little tutorial groups we had I joined the ones with foreign Chinese students in them so I didn't have to talk. Feels good tbh.
Based. In my job I am (superficially) nice and offer help to almost everyone, because I don't shit where I eat (many topics involve teamwork), but I keep my distance.
People saying you have a thin skin is just more victim blaming "you are being too sensitive, dude" type lies meant to make you look like the bad guy for objecting to being made fun of.
This tbh.

Normies tell people victim of bullying that they can't take banter and are too sensitive when they never have to deal with a tenth of the abuse that the victim is suffering from

Normies tell people victim of bullying that they can't take banter and are too sensitive when they never have to deal with a tenth of the abuse that the victim is suffering from
And then anytime those bullied guys question this, this society always comes down on them "have you ever thought that the problem is you?" like those guys haven't heard that thousands of times already. It's no wonder so many guys are conditioned to see everything as being their fault tbh