Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Has anyone here read The Rational Male?

D

Deleted member 818

Self-banned
-
Just got the book today and read the introduction. What do you guys think of the content it provides?

books are cope

Lmao kinda but I’m trying to expand my interests cuz I’m bored as hell. I can’t seem to get into anything without getting bored. I don’t want to stay stupid forever so I want to improve my capacity for learning.

Books are for trp fags.

I used to read a lot, but since then I've lost all motivation to pick up a book again. Good for you if you still read books though.

I used to read a lot, but since then I've lost all motivation to pick up a book again. Good for you if you still read books though.
depression does that to you, i bought a evolutionary science book like 1.5 - 2 years ago and i still havent finished it. up to page 100 kek

depression does that to you, i bought a evolutionary science book like 1.5 - 2 years ago and i still havent finished it. up to page 100 kek
I bought some US military books 4 years ago, and I still haven't picked them up.

Redpill is cope.

I don’t really read I’m just trying to get into new things.

No but I will Audio book it soon. Never heard of it, so thanks for mentioning it.
I may or may not respond again after I listen to a few chapters.

tenor.gif

Yeah, it's alright. Lots of "game" bullshit, but Rollo does have a pretty good view of women. Unfortunately, his understanding of men needs work. I do recommend the book, as long as you read it for perspective and understanding of women and not treat it as a self-help bible.

Best part IMO:
kO2SVev.jpg

Last edited:
I bought some US military books 4 years ago, and I still haven't picked them up.
maybe you should read INTERESTING books. I read like 2 novels a year kek

maybe you should read INTERESTING books. I read like 2 novels a year kek
I used to actually like reading those high school classic literature novels but now I don't read anything unless I absolutely have to for class :feelsbadman:
Like "Catcher In The Rye" I read this book like 4 times, one of my favorites tbh. I always liked the idea of trying to preserve children innocence since I feel I grew up too fast. I also like Holdens character. And "Flowers For Algernon" also one of my favorite books, really likable character.

What kind of books do you read?

I cant even sit through a 5 minute video without grabbing a phone, reading a book is simply not possible for me at this stage

I used to actually like reading those high school classic literature novels but now I don't read anything unless I absolutely have to for class :feelsbadman:
Like "Catcher In The Rye" I read this book like 4 times, one of my favorites tbh. I always liked the idea of trying to preserve children innocence since I feel I grew up too fast. I also like Holdens character. And "Flowers For Algernon" also one of my favorite books, really likable character.

What kind of books do you read?
I read catcher in the rye junior year of hs and I didn't really get it and thought it was gay like all books that are typically assigned reading.

Nowadays I only read stuff that sounds interesting to me which usually means if I think I can relate to something in it. I don't really give a shit if something is "well written" like stephen king books because I just don't care about the subject. Last year I read "Loner" by Teddy Wayne and "Prep" by Curtis Sittenfeld and those are about half the novels I've read in 4 years. I read Loner once before going to uni and again before going back after dropping out the first time because it's about uni. It was entertaining because how current it is (it was published in 2016 and is about """""loner"""""" type character that is a freshman in present day Harvard) but still felt like cucktears trying to write about an incel.

When I was in elementary/middle school, I would constantly read YA fiction because we had no tv channels and I couldn't use the internet. Idk if it was good or not like I read a lot to not be bored but I was still bored for many hours when I got bored of reading and no one to play with outside. Some series I read: Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Redwall, Alex Rider series and other books by anthony horowitz, most of david klass's books, the Genius trilogy, Pendragon series,maze runner books, warrior cat series, hunger games, Eragon series, the Gregor series, etc. I was one of those kids that made 10,000 AR points if you had the AR program at your school. I am not really interested in the books I read back then anyone and they look like largely trash for 3 year olds to me now.

Last edited:
I read catcher in the rye junior year of hs and I didn't really get it and thought it was gay like all books that are typically assigned reading.

Nowadays I only read stuff that sounds interesting to me which usually means if I think I can relate to something in it. I don't really give a shit if something is "well written" like stephen king books because I just don't care about the subject. Last year I read "Loner" by Teddy Wayne and "Prep" by Curtis Sittenfeld and those are about half the novels I've read in 4 years. I read Loner once before going to uni and again before going back after dropping out the first time because it's about uni. It was entertaining because how current it is (it was published in 2016 and is about """""loner"""""" type character that is a freshman in present day Harvard) but still felt like cucktears trying to write about an incel.

When I was in elementary/middle school, I would constantly read YA fiction because we had no tv channels and I couldn't use the internet. Idk if it was good or not like I read a lot to not be bored but I was still bored for many hours when I got bored of reading and no one to play with outside. Some series I read: Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Redwall, Alex Rider series and other books by anthony horowitz, most of david klass's books, the Genius trilogy, Pendragon series,maze runner books, warrior cat series, hunger games, Eragon series, the Gregor series, etc. I was one of those kids that made 10,000 AR points if you had the AR program at your school. YA fiction looks like largely trash for 3 year olds to me now.

I read the Harry Potter books, Percy Jackson Series, and the Hunger Game series. I also read a couple of other random series. This was all in middle school. My school also did that AR shit and I also used to get a high score. In highshool was when I really stopped caring.

Might read that Loner novel sounds interesting

I cant even sit through a 5 minute video without grabbing a phone, reading a book is simply not possible for me at this stage

lmao same INCELDOM FUCKS WITH EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I read the Harry Potter books, Percy Jackson Series, and the Hunger Game series. I also read a couple of other random series. This was all in middle school. My school also did that AR shit and I also used to get a high score. In highshool was when I really stopped caring.

Might read that Loner novel sounds interesting
yeah it is I found it after many searches of looking for books about loners in school.. because I was looking for something relatable kek :feelsrope:
in fourth grade I got TWO HUNDRED POINTS:fire::fire::fire:. i also mostly stopped reading in high school
lmao same INCELDOM FUCKS WITH EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
>fakecel
epic title br0 kek:feelsgah:

This gave me flashbacks of when I used to frequent Percy Jackson tumblr-esque fanart.

5ff2f47613ec79932912e36664c1655088fddad8_00.jpg
tumblr_oqvlo8BG3V1thuchxo1_500.jpg

Usually of Nico di Angelo
:horror:

but Nico was cool, he had to coolest power Imo.

:horror:

but Nico was cool, he had to coolest power Imo.
Yeah that's why I browsed the fanart. He was confirmed to be gay by the author you know.

Read a bit of Rational Male - positive utility gained. Worth absorbing some info there rather than shutting out all sources of knowledge.

I don't like it / don't need to complete it.
It's currently dated, common references, pandering to the mislead online male failures seeking more copes. Just my opinion.
It regurgitates a lot of what you would already have read if you've already been reading stuff along the same genre.
It takes zero credibility to write something like this.
It's not the worst place to start, but just more of the same freely discussed topics condensed into a product to be sold.

Last edited: