Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone here watched (or read) A clockwork orange?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
I remember watching this movie ages ago in summer when I was 13/14 and becoming obsessed with it, that summer I watched it 3 more times no kidding. This will sound autistic but it made me feel superior to normies who just watched Transformers, Twilight (to name some mainstream 2010s franchises) or whatever that was popular at that time. It was one of the first serious or relevant movies (for cinema history itself) I watched and was a bit of an eye opener. I haven't rewatched it in a while and don't know if I would like it that much again but if it's considered a classic it means something.

Obviously I had to check in my local library if they had the book which they did so I read it too. Both really good tbh the movie is a good adaptation, it toned down some parts that were too hard for cinema (even by 1970s standards) but other than that I recommend both. Specifically they had to change the age of some characters or there was no way this book was getting a movie adaptation. It's not a long read (about 200 pages long) and if at 14 I read it without getting bored it should be the same for an adult. Book uses some weird fake slang based on Russian but there's a glossary in the last pages and after reading the words very much you end up remembering the meaning.

Interestingly now this movie is classed as "film bro movie" like The Godfather, Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, etc. Another proof that foids cannot appreciate good movies kek.

Btw on google first page there's the whole thing in PDF, unsure why if it's not that old I doubt it has gone to public domain :shock:

Kubrick is a good director

Kubrick is a good director
He is I also liked Paths of glory (his 2nd best movie I think), Full metal jacket, Dr Strangelove and The Shining (but I read it's a bad adaptation). I also watched 2001 and while I get it's relevant and important for sci-fi the movie is slow as a snail and kinda boring.

I watched it for the first time Spring last year. I loved the soundtrack jfl. I want to read the book I hear it's far more extreme.

The underlying threat of Alex's crew showing up to his residence with their patronizing attitudes just because he claimed to be sick, like a pack of dogs sensing the alpha has gone a bit soft, always got to me. I understand why Alex beat his crew after that scene, as it was turning against him. What else could he do? Discuss rank?

He is I also liked Paths of glory (his 2nd best movie I think), Full metal jacket, Dr Strangelove and The Shining (but I read it's a bad adaptation). I also watched 2001 and while I get it's relevant and important for sci-fi the movie is slow as a snail and kinda boring.
He wanted to do a Napoleon biopic but it was canceled because of the cost.
Out of it came Barry Lyndon though so at least it wasn’t all bad
IIRC Spielberg wants to make a miniserie out of it

I watched it for the first time Spring last year. I loved the soundtrack jfl. I want to read the book I hear it's far more extreme.
The movie adapts most of the book exactly the same but there are few scenes which are more extreme in the book. Also the book has more real life references for example when he's doing the Ludovico treatment he recalls being shown videos of prisoners of war being decapitated by Japanese army.

It's been on my movies-to-watch list for a while, still haven't watched it

Yeah a friend showed it me. It was a good movie

I read some of the book but the Russian slang filtered me

Watched and read. The lingo makes me think of this place tbh.

I love this movie. As you might tell from my profile pic.

I remember watching this movie ages ago in summer when I was 13/14 and becoming obsessed with it, that summer I watched it 3 more times no kidding. This will sound autistic but it made me feel superior to normies who just watched Transformers, Twilight (to name some mainstream 2010s franchises) or whatever that was popular at that time. It was one of the first serious or relevant movies (for cinema history itself) I watched and was a bit of an eye opener. I haven't rewatched it in a while and don't know if I would like it that much again but if it's considered a classic it means something.

Obviously I had to check in my local library if they had the book which they did so I read it too. Both really good tbh the movie is a good adaptation, it toned down some parts that were too hard for cinema (even by 1970s standards) but other than that I recommend both. Specifically they had to change the age of some characters or there was no way this book was getting a movie adaptation. It's not a long read (about 200 pages long) and if at 14 I read it without getting bored it should be the same for an adult. Book uses some weird fake slang based on Russian but there's a glossary in the last pages and after reading the words very much you end up remembering the meaning.

Interestingly now this movie is classed as "film bro movie" like The Godfather, Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, etc. Another proof that foids cannot appreciate good movies kek.

Btw on google first page there's the whole thing in PDF, unsure why if it's not that old I doubt it has gone to public domain :shock:
Why did you like it so much as a kid? Seems a little too much theme wise for a kid

Why did you like it so much as a kid? Seems a little too much theme wise for a kid
I don't really know but I think it was mainly:
-Teenage edginess AKA all the violence and sex so it must mean it's so mature (kek)
-First cult movie I watched so it was a new type of cinema compared to more mainstream stuff
-The social commentary is quite easy to understand
-Great art, costumes and soundtrack which make it more memorable

wild, i can kinda see it now
I don't really know but I think it was mainly:
-Teenage edginess AKA all the violence and sex so it must mean it's so mature (kek)
-First cult movie I watched so it was a new type of cinema compared to more mainstream stuff
-The social commentary is quite easy to understand
-Great art, costumes and soundtrack which make it more memorable

its pretty good

It's been many years since I've last watched it, I gotta revisit it

Both were good for different reasons. I reckon the book was slightly better.

I don't really like the adaptation. I prefer the book. Same goes for the shining