Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR Have any of you ever seen Papillon?

• Thread starter bigantennaemay1
  • Start date
bigantennaemay1

bigantennaemay1

Aspie social drifter without purpose or home
★★★★★
The 1973(?) movie Papillon? I walked in on my dad once, recently (maybe a month and a half ago?), while I was piss drunk and he was sleeping on the living room couch, and he had the TV playing, adn they were playing an old movie called Papillon. I became enraptured and decided to sit down, crack open another beer, and watch. It was a real interseting movie. Apparently, it was based on a real-life story of a guy, an innocent guy, who got sent to a French prison work camp in a South American country to serve out his days, and the movie details his escape from the camp. I sat through and watched the whole thing, and I remember my dad was sound asleep on the couch through it. I thought it was funny that I was watching a movie while he was sound asleep, I don't know why. :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek: Anyway, the movie ended, and he was still asleep, and I got up and went to bed.

I got drunk and high tonight, and just ordered that movie off amazon. I don't knkow why, but I just thought it might be a good time to purshase it. Wow, that was hard to type. :feelshaha::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha:

I did as a kid, and I also liked it a lot

I saw papillon. Today actually, at the gas station

d6d4f838a758ec09b093009554d1ef69.png

made with real butterflys. XD

I wanted to watch that new one with Hunham and Malek

It's actually a great classic film, but over all it's quite depressing. If memory serves me correctly [haven't watched it in at least fourteen years] he spends his entire life in the prison trying to escape but never does where he eventually dies there, I believe that's what happens. [Or maybe one does escape, but everybody else dies within the prison trying to escape in the process, something like that.]

@bigantennaemay1

If you like movies about hopelessness, despair, and futility, here's another favorite classic of mine below. Doctor Zhivago is one big fucking doomy movie with a fucked up ending, but truly is a literary masterpiece. Hint: Doctor Zhivago loses everything in the end including his own life, his constant struggles over a great deal of many years were absolutely meaningless, my interpretation anyways. It takes place in Tsarist Russia during the Bolshevik insurrection and White Russian rebellions after the fallout of World War I.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CGGr21PilKY

Last edited:
It's actually a great classic film, but over all it's quite depressing. If memory serves me correctly [haven't watched it in at least fourteen years] he spends his entire life in the prison trying to escape but never does where he eventually dies there, I believe that's what happens. [Or maybe one does escape, but everybody else dies within the prison trying to escape in the process, something like that.]
Well, he does get away in the end, but he's a wretched, partially insane and very old man by that point.

If you like movies about hopelessness, despair, and futility, here's another favorite classic of mine below. Doctor Zhivago is one big fucking doomy movie with a fucked up ending, but truly is a literary masterpiece. Hint: Doctor Zhivago loses everything in the end including his own life, his constant struggles over a great deal of many years were absolutely meaningless, my interpretation anyways. It takes place in Tsarist Russia during the Bolshevik insurrection and White Russian rebellions after the fallout of World War I.
I'm actually not generally a fan of that sort of thing, I find hopelessness, despair and futility all-too-relatable, and I look to movies, vidya, and whatever for escape and to forget that stuff. I think I was more taken in by Papillon because I found it by accident, decided to watch, and enjoyed it.

Still, I might check out that movie, too. Whenever I'm in the mood for it.

Well, he does get away in the end, but he's a wretched, partially insane and very old man by that point.

I'm actually not generally a fan of that sort of thing, I find hopelessness, despair and futility all-too-relatable, and I look to movies, vidya, and whatever for escape and to forget that stuff. I think I was more taken in by Papillon because I found it by accident, decided to watch, and enjoyed it.

Still, I might check out that movie, too. Whenever I'm in the mood for it.
If you do watch that movie, be forewarned that it is almost three hours long.