Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Having autism with no hyperfixations?

Mortis

Mortis

The Senator of Suffering & Minister of Misery
★★★★★
I got diagnosed with autism at 16 because my teachers urged my mother to test me for it. I first was angry thinking it was absolutely bogus for me to be an autist. I never really saw it and still don't see it, but ostensibly I have it.

The thing that bummed me out is that I never had any hyperfixations? That seemed to be the only part of autism that is semi useful and intresting but I genuinely don't have any hyperfixations at all. I like politics, history, and philosophy I guess but I just never really dive deep into the subjects? I always was very empty and lacked drive to do anything at all. I am buying books about the subjects and save stuff I want to read but never really come around to it? I just don't feel motivated to do anything at all?

I am genuinely not commited to anything. I really get the short end of the stick when it comes to everything.

How am I getting the subhuman version of mental illnesses? What have I done to deserve this? It's like having Tapeworms but still gaining weight, like nigga atleast give me something.

Well it’s cuz the fact that u have adhd on top of autism like me. I hyper fixate but I don’t completely obsess over it because I still have a low attention span well it depends some things I have hard. But I get bored of it obviously at one point

Last edited:
Well it’s cuz the fact that u have adhd on top of autism like me. I hyper fixate but I don’t completely obsess over it because I still have a low attention span
Never got tested for adhd. That may unironically be the case.

Fuck mang...

I sadly hyper-fixate on the most random trucel things.

autism is different for everyone, its a spectrum. Some people have hyperfixations and some don't. Some autistic people have no problem detecting sarcasm and some can't do it to save their life

autism is different for everyone, its a spectrum. Some people have hyperfixations and some don't.
All autists have hyperfixations it basically comes with the disorder. Your second point is right but it is a spectrum however certain traits are going to place u on the spectrum. It’s just that u see some autists giga hyperfixate on one specific thing for years but a lot of us get bored and move on to another.

I got diagnosed with autism at 16 because my teachers urged my mother to test me for it. I first was angry thinking it was absolutely bogus for me to be an autist. I never really saw it and still don't see it, but ostensibly I have it.

The thing that bummed me out is that I never had any hyperfixations? That seemed to be the only part of autism that is semi useful and intresting but I genuinely don't have any hyperfixations at all. I like politics, history, and philosophy I guess but I just never really dive deep into the subjects? I always was very empty and lacked drive to do anything at all. I am buying books about the subjects and save stuff I want to read but never really come around to it? I just don't feel motivated to do anything at all?

I am genuinely not commited to anything. I really get the short end of the stick when it comes to everything.

How am I getting the subhuman version of mental illnesses? What have I done to deserve this? It's like having Tapeworms but still gaining weight, like nigga atleast give me something.
tons of autistic people also meet requirements for adhd. thats why since 2015 you can be diagnosed with both and not just one of the two.
also, maybe you do have hyperfixations but you have no frame of reference for what is normal so it just does not seem like it to you
do you have your test result papers?
it should mention specific things in there
your parents are usually also asked about your childhood and fixations, so maybe they claimed something

do you have your test result papers?
I think my mother keeps them. Never wanted to read them because I was so angry at the time. When I get them I can talk to you about them in PMs if you want

I think my mother keeps them. Never wanted to read them because I was so angry at the time. When I get them I can talk to you about them in PMs if you want
yes that would be rad, definitely analyze them :feelsokman::feelsokman::feelsokman:

I hyperfixate on useless things like video games...
over.

tons of autistic people also meet requirements for adhd. thats why since 2015 you can be diagnosed with both and not just one of the two.
2015? I got diagnosed with both in 2013 lmfao

yes that would be rad, definitely analyze them :feelsokman::feelsokman::feelsokman:
Wouldn't it be distressing? I can imagine reading stuff about myself I don't like and sperging and crying over them for days.

When i was little, some doctor said i have autism or i show signs of it. I do not know whether this is true since i haven't taken any tests. If something interests me i read about it, sometimes a lot. But i think it's rather interest than hyperfixation. Although one time I remember I was genuinely hyperfixated on online privacy - that was a deep rabbithole that made me paranoid. Also cigarettes, i spent a lot of time reading about them because it just interested me. Videogames too but short-lasting. Maybe there's more things but my memory is shit as fuck.

Repetitive behavior.

I like dinosaurs and math and bugs :feelzez:

ASD

Wouldn't it be distressing? I can imagine reading stuff about myself I don't like and sperging and crying over them for days.
you are right. hmmm, you have to decide if you want to risk it. I just thought it would be interesting and maybe it mentions fixations or something

ngl autism seems to have such a vast spectrum i don't see how it differs much from the average introverted person, known this autist that forgets to brush his own fucking teeth jfl, how did he not assimilate it into his own strictly defined regime

Yeah idk I feel like they diagnosis everyone with autism these days

If no one ever called you autistic I don't think you're a sperg