Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Hedonic treadmill

B

bippr500

Greycel
Usually the hedonic treadmill is associated with materialistic stuff but it also applies to relationships to. If you don't know what it is basically you return to a normal state of happiness eventually whether good or bad things happen to you. A lot of people believe that special someone will complete them and their lives will be so much better.

You can still love them but that initial high will fade and you'll feel exactly how you did before you had a relationship. A lot of the people I crushed on I forgot about them after a while. I'd still think about them from time to time but not as intense as before. So my point is no relationship or person will fix your loneliness. You'll eventually get used to them and still have the same problems you had before.

My problems are my face, race and height. Doesnt matter if anyone likes me they'll eventually cuck me, for a superior male, or use me for emotional support. Congrats incel you ascended to failed normie.

Hedonic shouldn't just mean material things, it should mean worldy things.

My problems are my face, race and height. Doesnt matter if anyone likes me they'll eventually cuck me, for a superior male, or use me for emotional support. Congrats incel you ascended to failed normie.
The less good things that happen to you, the more the intensity of pleasure when something good happens to you. Rich people aren't any more happy than poor people.

The less good things that happen to you, the more the intensity of pleasure when something good happens to you. Rich people aren't any more happy than poor people.
But a normie looking white male is much more happier then me, ik that for a fact