Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious [HIGH IQ SOCIAL ANALYSIS] James Baldwin on going ER

shii410

shii410

الصابئي
★★★★★
for those who don’t know, James Baldwin was an African-American novelist who wrote extensively about his personal experiences facing discrimination based on social class and race. in the following passage from a compilation of his essays, “Notes of a Native Son”, he describes an encounter where a white waitress told him they don’t serve blacks at their establishment

“She did not say it with the blunt, derisive hostility to which I had grown so accustomed, but, rather, with a note of apology in her voice, and fear. This made me colder and more murderous than ever. I felt I had to do something with my hands. I wanted her to come close enough for me to get her neck between my hands. ... I realized she would never come any closer to me and that I would have to strike from a distance. There was nothing on the table but an ordinary water mug half full of water, and I picked this up and hurled it with all of my strength at her. She ducked and it missed her and shattered against the mirror behind the bar. ... I could not get over two facts. One is that I could have been murdered. The other is that I was ready to commit murder.”

over the rest of the essay he comes to the exact opposite logical conclusion of ER, as in “hatred is a personal evil that spiritually devastates the person experiencing it”. what I find noteworthy about that is it shows how even a person who is, at their core, an empath with no desire to hurt anybody can be driven to this kind of action when they’re cruelly ostracized by everyone around them. one of the main themes in this essay is how violence is a tragic, yet natural response when humans feel hopeless and powerless

one could potentially argue that the events described in this passage are purely the result of racial dynamics, and that it has no relevance to incels as a social phenomenon. but I think it’s important to note how it wasn’t just the discriminatory nature of the waitress’ action that caused him to snap. he had faced similar discrimination every day of his life and, as he mentions, had grown accustomed to it. it was her fearful and condescending attitude towards him, a form of ostracization that he was not emotionally hardened to, that drove him to abandon all rational thinking and assault her.

I believe Baldwin’s writing here provides great insight on how the emotional toll of being alone and treated as an “other” can drive a person to extremes, in a way that’s easy for the average person to digest and sympathize with

Last edited:
a life like his, a life like ER'S, the life of an incel is not even a life. That's why i hope there is an afterlife or some sort of reincarnation, b/c eternal oblivion would just be the worst fucking thing after never truly being accepted by society, never living a fulfilled life.

Based,Hopefully he doesn't fail like E.R did.

We are walking corpses. Living but not allowed to exist in a position in society. Societies Means has decided our End, there is no other way of looking at this tragedy. And it is a tragedy. :feelsbadman:

people who might find this interesting:
@Gymcelled @ReturnOfSaddam @Hate_my_life @epillepsy @anon1822 @radishman @Atavistic Autist @mental_out @Edmund_Kemper @Total Imbecile @JosefMengelecel @Irredeemable @Robtical @ElliotRodgerHere @ionlycopenow @turbocuckcel_7000 @ThoughtfulCel

for those who don’t know, James Baldwin was an African-American novelist who wrote extensively about his personal experiences facing discrimination based on social class and race. in the following passage from a compilation of his essays, “Notes of a Native Son”, he describes an encounter where a white waitress told him they don’t serve blacks at their establishment

“She did not say it with the blunt, derisive hostility to which I had grown so accustomed, but, rather, with a note of apology in her voice, and fear. This made me colder and more murderous than ever. I felt I had to do something with my hands. I wanted her to come close enough for me to get her neck between my hands. ... I realized she would never come any closer to me and that I would have to strike from a distance. There was nothing on the table but an ordinary water mug half full of water, and I picked this up and hurled it with all of my strength at her. She ducked and it missed her and shattered against the mirror behind the bar. ... I could not get over two facts. One is that I could have been murdered. The other is that I was ready to commit murder.”

over the rest of the essay he comes to the exact opposite logical conclusion of ER, as in “hatred is a personal evil that spiritually devastates the person experiencing it”. what I find noteworthy about that is it shows how even a person who is, at their core, an empath with no desire to hurt anybody can be driven to this kind of action when they’re cruelly ostracized by everyone around them. one of the main themes in this essay is how violence is a tragic, yet natural response when humans feel hopeless and powerless

one could potentially argue that the events described in this passage are purely the result of racial dynamics, and that it has no relevance to incels as a social phenomenon. but I think it’s important to note how it wasn’t just the discriminatory nature of the waitress’ action that caused him to snap. he had faced similar discrimination every day of his life and, as he mentions, had grown accustomed to it. it was her fearful and condescending attitude towards him, a form of ostracization that he was not emotionally hardened to, that drove him to abandon all rational thinking and assault her.

I believe Baldwin’s writing here provides great insight on how the emotional toll of being alone and treated as an “other” can drive a person to extremes, in a way that’s easy for the average person to digest and sympathize with
Didn't read because he's a faggot lol

Baldwin’s sexuality clashed with his activism. The civil rights movement was hostile to homosexuals.[66][67]

Didn't read because he's a faggot lol

Baldwin’s sexuality clashed with his activism. The civil rights movement was hostile to homosexuals.[66][67]
didnt know that about him ngl. doesn't have any real relevance to the passage though, at least not in the way that it relates to incels as a social group

didnt know that about him ngl. doesn't have any real relevance to the passage though, at least not in the way that it relates to incels as a social group
because a homosexual civil rights activist has something to do with incels

next you're gonna tell me to go join antifa and blm and worship tyrone while he cucks melvin

because a homosexual civil rights activist has something to do with incels

next you're gonna tell me to go join antifa and blm and worship tyrone while he cucks melvin
:feelssus:

Low status men who are high iq and high t hate rosties for many reasons like this.

That was fascinating, should read more of his work

Indeed there are lots of parallels between slavery/racism and inceldom

We are all subjects of Elliot

Almost must-read worthy tbh
Good thread OP

a life like his, a life like ER'S, the life of an incel is not even a life. That's why i hope there is an afterlife or some sort of reincarnation, b/c eternal oblivion would just be the worst fucking thing after never truly being accepted by society, never living a fulfilled life.
You will get an qt Isekai harem in the next life if you are an incel in this

interesting, one really does react strongly to being ostracized

Brutal alltheintellegentblackwritersareFags Pill
:feels::feels::feels:

how violence is a tragic, yet natural response when humans feel hopeless and powerless
Cause lions feel so very "hopeless" and "powerless"... damn, you're all so brainwashed

Cause lions feel so very "hopeless" and "powerless"... damn, you're all so brainwashed
This you?
B10DA865 7CD2 43E8 A3B7 87F633CBD7EB

Wish retarded newfags didn’t feel the need to comment on my ancient threads tbh

Baldwin brutal