Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR how do you guys keep up with music?

Deleted member 60

Deleted member 60

-
seems impossible, especially since I like different genres. There's so much out there. I still listen to some stuff from 2-3 years ago.
Do you guys still download or do you just stream?

Osu!, youtube channels / recommendations

I don't. I listen to alot of old shit and sometimes I think of a band I used to like and find out they have new stuff out.

Youtube, radio.

I don't really listen to today's music. I'm still stuck in the past, a lot like you.

wikipedia when i was in school and had enough to scour through every name mentioned in a particular genre.

now just youtube recommendations.

I just listen to whatever is on the radio. I listen to it all, rock, pop, you name it. Even country.

JFL @ music

i kid you not, im not sure why, teachers and doctors would ask me "what kind of music do you listen to?"

like what? from ages 7-15. i would respond "w-whatever is on the radio i guess" (pop culture). id never tell them i think music is garbage. such an obvious FBI ploy to put me on watch lists for standing outside the norm.

i never really kept up with music even before becoming Muslim. now i do my best to shut it off whenever it comes up. its haram garbage.

think about it. when elvis was popular, women would be throwing themselves at him, they would be DRIPPING wet and flashing at concerts because he would dance in a sexual manner and sing DISGUSTING and DIRTY sexual and lyrics that are completely unapplicable to a halal relationship.

know what happened when elvis died? know what? this. women KILLED THEMSELVES because they treated elvis as some religious icon, committing shirk, eye zinah, mind zinah, and just straight zinah(adultery). they were CRYING, GRIIIEEVING over this random man who hasnt even personally spoke to them.

thats what we call kufr boys. now, classical music itself really isnt horrible. the piano alone, the cello, the accordian. it even sounds kind of nice. even then, these are distractions from deen. they make you feel emotions. but its just the garbage that comes out of the music industry in general that makes music sinful, if it isnt sexual, its going to distract you from Deen.

Use Spotify. I listen to a lot of Japanese music so they make a playlist for you which has songs you like or you can use Spotify radios which are a list of songs similar to the one you are listening to and you can click thumbs up on the song to get more similar or thumbs down to get something different. I get introduced to a lot f new bands which I usually follow on YouTube.

Also anime openings.

JFL @ music

i kid you not, im not sure why, teachers and doctors would ask me "what kind of music do you listen to?"

like what? from ages 7-15. i would respond "w-whatever is on the radio i guess" (pop culture). id never tell them i think music is garbage. such an obvious FBI ploy to put me on watch lists for standing outside the norm.

i never really kept up with music even before becoming Muslim. now i do my best to shut it off whenever it comes up. its haram garbage.

think about it. when elvis was popular, women would be throwing themselves at him, they would be DRIPPING wet and flashing at concerts because he would dance in a sexual manner and sing DISGUSTING and DIRTY sexual and lyrics that are completely unapplicable to a halal relationship.

know what happened when elvis died? know what? this. women KILLED THEMSELVES because they treated elvis as some religious icon, committing shirk, eye zinah, mind zinah, and just straight zinah(adultery). they were CRYING, GRIIIEEVING over this random man who hasnt even personally spoke to them.

thats what we call kufr boys. now, classical music itself really isnt horrible. the piano alone, the cello, the accordian. it even sounds kind of nice. even then, these are distractions from deen. they make you feel emotions. but its just the garbage that comes out of the music industry in general that makes music sinful, if it isnt sexual, its going to distract you from Deen.
You can't compare modern pop music to elvis. Elvis actually out effort into his work. Nowadays music sounds the same, like trash

You can't compare modern pop music to elvis. Elvis actually out effort into his work. Nowadays music sounds the same, like trash
effort wise yea probably up there. its still on the level of haram as other pop music.

if anything, the elaboratness of it makes it more haram than pop music that uses the millenial hook.

Mostly Spotify and Youtube. I also check Wikipedia to see what new albums are coming out this year.

I don't, and I don't want to.

I don't. I only listen to some non-mainstream genres.

JFL @ music

Masha-allah

Once I hit adulthood, I stopped caring.

I constantly listen to the same songs because I'm too lazy to look for new ones.

Youtube, radio.

I don't really listen to today's music. I'm still stuck in the past, a lot like you.
Same. Most band's i listen to are pretty old now. Most of them were started before i was born.

YouTube and SoundCloud

I just follow my favorite artists on social media and whenever they post new music I usually listen to it

Spotify. I listen mostly to r&b so the popular ones are good

Bluegrass and the blues get my mind off of stuff, nice cope. If a banjo doesn't lighten your mood, nothing will.