Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Meme I absolutely fucking hate this "depression" meme.

NijuGMD

NijuGMD

Banned
-
40120613 2055434784509409 9150581412158504960 n

The fucker who made this meme knows NOTHING about depression. When you're depressed, you're barely alive. Waking up and living is extremely difficult. You have no might or motivation to even try interacting or exercising, and when you try, you're bound to fail and make yourself feel even worse. I'm absolutely infuriated right now.

And don't even get me started on hating on medication that fucking keeps me from harming myself and others.

Some stupid nofap redpill asshole made this meme.

These people are like cultists. They try out this redpill lifestyle for a few months, in these few months they call everyone kuffar on the internet and behave like some cult members attacking other religions ... and a few months later they are over that again. Like with people doing diets and are always fatter after the diet than before.

Holy shit, that image captures my life. But it's one of those "chicken or egg" questions, because I think my poor lifestyle is largely a result of failure of all differing sorts (social + professional). It's not that I didn't try, it's that I just couldn't hack it so became doomed to this lifestyle. I do have some mild hope of breaking out of it, but we'll see.

Anyway, depression is no joke. I got to a point of being so depressed two months ago that I literally became retarded and the spiritual and psychic pain was so unendurable that I came to understand how people can come to off themselves. Fortunately I'm afraid of death so I sought medication.

I will say this: I've seen serious arguments made that most of the things in that image contribute to depression, but I don't understand why weed is included in there. Smoking weed is to depression what taking aspirin is to chronic migraines: temporary relief. For example, one notorious aspect of having serious depression is anhedonia, the inability to feel pleasure. Not only do the depressed lose interest in their sources of fun, but even if they force themselves to engage in those things there's a good chance they won't derive pleasure from it. Well, smoking a good hybrid strain of cannabis always cured my anhedonia so that I could actually derive pleasure from vidya or listening to music or whatever. Cannabis is god's gift to man, IMO.

Why does this meme want people to stop taking their medication? I couldn't tell from the image because it was too blurry, but it looks like a prescription bottle.

Now I know that most prescriptions are bullshit and get passed off as something you need by doctors who are just trying to sell you chemicals when you really dont need them, but these are the same redpillers who will tell us that we need to "seek help" and "go to a doctor". These doctors will, of course, precribe us with antidepressants and other bullshit because the jews at Procter and Gamble are paying them too.

All redpillers/self-help gurus will tell us to listen to the doctor and take the medicine, but then in the same sentence will tell us to stop taking our meds. It's really interesting that there are so many inconsistencies in the thought process of "red pill" "self-help" types. It shows most of their observation are based on anecdotes or "it worked for me" fallacies and that they really don't back their claims with anything other than rank, surface-level, pseudoscience that they read on some article somewhere.

If they actually used the scientific method and error checked their findings they would find themselves entering into black-pilled thinking. The science and reason support black pilled ideas and theories!

Last edited: