Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I am now suspended from college for a year

BoltzmanOscillate

BoltzmanOscillate

(Wave function) = Asin(2πx)
★★★★
I posted a thread some time ago explaining that I failed math class. Turns out I am also suspended for a year. What do I do? Rope?

how the fuck did you get suspended for failing a course

Get a job? Different school? Accept you're not cut out for college what with a really low GPA? Roping seems a bit over the top.

how the fuck did you get suspended for failing a course
I had been suspended before because I failed 4 classes (depression fucked me). I would have been fine if I would have made a 2.5 gpa this semester but I made a 2.4.

I had been suspended before because I failed 4 classes (depression fucked me). I would have been fine if I would have made a 2.5 gpa this semester but I made a 2.4.
Understandable then, I’d probably LDAR the whole time but a job would probably suffice

A year, that sounds excessive.

Are you suspended because your GPA is too low? Just take some easy af classes and don't be a lazy fuck. College really isn't that hard if you just give yourself enough time to do the work.

Also don't worry too much about your GPA. I literally got my bachelors degree with a 2.5GPA. The bare minimum. Now I have a pretty nice job as a scientist that pays quite a bit. Future employers dont give a fuck about your GPA. If they do then you probably wouldn't want the job anyway.

Are you suspended because your GPA is too low? Just take some easy af classes and don't be a lazy fuck. College really isn't that hard if you just give yourself enough time to do the work.

Also don't worry too much about your GPA. I literally got my bachelors degree with a 2.5GPA. The bare minimum. Now I have a pretty nice job as a scientist that pays quite a bit. Future employers dont give a fuck about your GPA. If they do then you probably wouldn't want the job anyway.
The shitty part is that all of the easy classes are available at a community college that I attend. It is much more convenient for me to go to that community college and take those classes there because of the cost but the gpa earned from those classes does not affect my 4 year college gpa. It sucks!

The shitty part is that all of the easy classes are available at a community college that I attend. It is much more convenient for me to go to that community college and take those classes there because of the cost but the gpa earned from those classes does not affect my 4 year college gpa. It sucks!

Yeah, I didn't have to pay for my college so it was easy for me to take bullshit classes to boost my GPA. You might have to just pay the extra money to pay for some bullshit underwater basketweaving class to help boost your GPA.

Omega kek. It's over boyo, drop out and go to community college

smart nigga

Oh I was wondering why they would do it for just one course because usually colleges just let people retake it. Being a subhuman really took a toll on me my first two years so I can sort of relate. I remember profs sent me to go see a Psychologist because they thought there was something wrong with me. A guy with any mental affliction will never be taken seriously. You have depression? Oh well you should have gotten As even though depression is shown to make you literally dumber(temporarily). On the other hand, any foid who hasn't had chad text her for two hours gets a clinical anxiety diagnosis, a bunch of meds, extra time for tests, and excuses for any bad behavior. It's why fems swallow skittles while guys just end it when they get depressed. One will have a whole support network and the other will get ridicule.

I guess the level of the school matters somewhat, but college could be hard if you want to actually teach yourself the material. When it comes to just passing it shouldn't be too difficult after you get past the weed outs since you're at the least smart enough to get into the school. I agree about getting a job though. None of my internships asked for a GPA and just looked at my resume. I heard the high end ones did so I just avoided them and worked at smaller firms and left my GPA off my resume until it got respectable. I believe OP is in STEM so it's the perfect field to build up a bunch of skills to spruce up a resume with during a gap year or semester. I dormed with a kid who had a 2.7 GPA in a CS major and watched him just luck his way into a good offers

Lol my college is the same way. I have known kids from top colleges go to community colleges over the summer and take easier courses there but my school is so stuck up and won't let me take courses anywhere else unless I'm behind in the courseplan. Have your gen electives come up yet? It might be worth it to just take a bunch of your electives in a year and take it easy to get re-accustomed

drop out and do something else.

If your GPA is that low and you don't think it will be likely to rise, it's time to start looking for jobs and internships in the field now so you have connections for when you graduate because your applications will get GPA mogged otherwise.

My mother says that her company doesn't hire people who don't list their GPA or have low GPA, and they always hire honors over non-honors. My boy graduated with middling grades in Math (after failing engineering) and had to do bullshit data entry and low level IT for like 5 years post grad before getting a low level management position. Just an example of what it could be like out there.

Oh I was wondering why they would do it for just one course because usually colleges just let people retake it. Being a subhuman really took a toll on me my first two years so I can sort of relate. I remember profs sent me to go see a Psychologist because they thought there was something wrong with me. A guy with any mental affliction will never be taken seriously. You have depression? Oh well you should have gotten As even though depression is shown to make you literally dumber(temporarily). On the other hand, any foid who hasn't had chad text her for two hours gets a clinical anxiety diagnosis, a bunch of meds, extra time for tests, and excuses for any bad behavior. It's why fems swallow skittles while guys just end it when they get depressed. One will have a whole support network and the other will get ridicule.

I guess the level of the school matters somewhat, but college could be hard if you want to actually teach yourself the material. When it comes to just passing it shouldn't be too difficult after you get past the weed outs since you're at the least smart enough to get into the school. I agree about getting a job though. None of my internships asked for a GPA and just looked at my resume. I heard the high end ones did so I just avoided them and worked at smaller firms and left my GPA off my resume until it got respectable. I believe OP is in STEM so it's the perfect field to build up a bunch of skills to spruce up a resume with during a gap year or semester. I dormed with a kid who had a 2.7 GPA in a CS major and watched him just luck his way into a good offers

Lol my college is the same way. I have known kids from top colleges go to community colleges over the summer and take easier courses there but my school is so stuck up and won't let me take courses anywhere else unless I'm behind in the courseplan. Have your gen electives come up yet? It might be worth it to just take a bunch of your electives in a year and take it easy to get re-accustomed
I'm in engineering so my electives are done senior year which I might never see.
There is usually an appeal system. If you were legit depressed and can document or just in general provide an articulate reason as to why you failed they can put you on probation.
I'm emailing my advisor and administration about it. I was supposed to take a course this summer because it is a prerequisite for a lot of my classes that I take in the fall. Now even if I manage to go back in the fall my schedule will be fucked. Sigh. I hope I can go back in the fall though.
Omega kek. It's over boyo, drop out and go to community college
I spent three years in community college already

Last edited:
sounds pretty over tbh, i guess wait and see what happens with your advisor

I got my financial aid suspended for a whole year for failing too many classes overall cumulative but I made an appeal and got it back.

College is a scam being honest.

Start looking for a decent job that allows you to have freedom

I know that they are becoming exorbitantly expensive in the states, but what do you mean by scam exactly?
In the States all you really need to do in order to guarantee you'll graduate is to join a fraternity, the professors that are in the fraternity will even grade your test better and your work. Join as many clubs and associations as possible and network, network, network, it's worth more than any silly parchment paper degree you're gonna get.

I dont understand people that dont take advantage of community college and save a really good amount of money.

I dont understand people that dont take advantage of community college and save a really good amount of money.
I went to community college and have an associate's of electrical engineering. I transferred to a four year to earn my bachelor's.

Take the time to recuperate.

In the States all you really need to do in order to guarantee you'll graduate is to join a fraternity, the professors that are in the fraternity will even grade your test better and your work. Join as many clubs and associations as possible and network, network, network, it's worth more than any silly parchment paper degree you're gonna get.
The latter part is mostly true but the caveat is that those connections won't ymatter much if you didn't actually work with the people you met or if you don't have a degree. The former is imaginable to be true somewhere, but personal and anecdotal experience makes it seem like a rare phenomenon. Even if that is the easiest way to get a degree, since when are all shortcuts available to everyone? Incels can't catch a break in just about anything; we have to put in twice the work for a fraction of the outcome, and a degree is no different. If you want it you have to work for it and ignore FootballQuarterback FratBro McChaddington the 3rd on your way there.

I posted a thread some time ago explaining that I failed math class. Turns out I am also suspended for a year. What do I do? Rope?
Try to take classes distance, my problem was I cant handle being in a massive lecture hall with hundreds of others. I still can not handle that.

The latter part is mostly true but the caveat is that those connections won't ymatter much if you didn't actually work with the people you met or if you don't have a degree. The former is imaginable to be true somewhere, but personal and anecdotal experience makes it seem like a rare phenomenon. Even if that is the easiest way to get a degree, since when are all shortcuts available to everyone? Incels can't catch a break in just about anything; we have to put in twice the work for a fraction of the outcome, and a degree is no different. If you want it you have to work for it and ignore FootballQuarterback FratBro McChaddington the 3rd on your way there.

I used to tell myself all these things too when I first started off that if I work hard (ganbatte) I'll be successful but the reality is that in order to succeed in this day and age you have to gain long lasting alliences with people at a young age because networking later on in life people just aren't going to trust you. Unlike asking out women which is a lost cause fraternities seek out new memeber because the new members are what pay for the booze and what fun is being in a fraternity if you don't have new members you can haze the shit out of just like they did you when you first started so it's not hard to get into those things. Go to any lawyers/dentist/doctors office and notice how many of them have that alpha omega bullshit fraternity placards on their walls, or look at the military with people wearing free masonry rings and making rank quicker than other dirtbags.

I used to tell myself all these things too when I first started off that if I work hard (ganbatte) I'll be successful but the reality is that in order to succeed in this day and age you have to gain long lasting alliences with people at a young age because networking later on in life people just aren't going to trust you. Unlike asking out women which is a lost cause fraternities seek out new memeber because the new members are what pay for the booze and what fun is being in a fraternity if you don't have new members you can haze the shit out of just like they did you when you first started so it's not hard to get into those things. Go to any lawyers/dentist/doctors office and notice how many of them have that alpha omega bullshit fraternity placards on their walls, or look at the military with people wearing free masonry rings and making rank quicker than other dirtbags.
I didn't join a fraternity, in fact 90% of my peers in college did not, and we graduated. This isn't to brag but to say that Greek life is not a necessity for performing well in college. Don't attribute your failures to the unearned success of others. That is simply a huge and false cope. Own up to to the fact that you comparatively failed, not that Chad's shortcut made you fail.

I didn't join a fraternity, in fact 90% of my peers in college did not, and we graduated. This isn't to brag but to say that Greek life is not a necessity for performing well in college. Don't attribute your failures to the unearned success of others. That is simply a huge and false cope. Own up to to the fact that you comparatively failed, not that Chad's shortcut made you fail.

I was on my way to graduating I was always top in my classes but I would always rub shoulders with the bio professors and all my humanities classes that brought down my gpa to average (apperently they don't like being told their profession is bullshit), then I started having family troubles and my own parents holding me back. Now I have no choice but to join the military and have them pay for my studies and you'll bet your ass I'll be taking the secret society and fraternities route and well see who comes out on top.

take a break if you need to, but keep fighting for your degree. even if you ditch this school and continue at a community college, the important thing is that you got thru it alive.

if you want to appeal the suspension there's gonna be a shitload of hoops to jump through, maybe a lawyer, and reaching out to the financial aid dept or possibly in your engineering faculty. so that can be tough to say how it will go.

got any projects you'd like to work on? maybe you can crowdfund a gadget or app, or some kind of e-whoring

whatever you do, do something that interests you, that makes you feel better and challenges you. don't stagnate just because you got suspended, there are ways around obstacle s like this.

Linear Algebra is probably one of the first few abstract math courses.

When it comes to doing proofs... always have a checklist that satisfies the proof.

For example, here's an example from of the classic proofs in Linear Algebra.

When you want to "prove that V is a subspace of W." Depending on how V and W is defined.

You have to check:

1) If V is an element of W?
2) If W closed under addition?
3) If W closed under scalar multiplication?

If you satisfy all of those requirements to finish or conclude the proof. Otherwise, if the proof is false, you just provide a counterexample. Anyways, always look at the assumptions/hypothesis of the question and see what you have to proof, try to squeeze it, connect the dots or idea, utilize your intuition to finish the proof.

Last edited: