Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I really hate it when employers expect you to know the ropes on day 1

• Thread starter Aggressive Menace
  • Start date
Aggressive Menace

Aggressive Menace

Id
★★
I don't understand this mentality and It seems like it's prevalent amongst employers too. At least that's the working theory because I've worked several jobs and it's always the same expectation, this can't just be a coincidence at this point. It's not like they're clueless on my lack of capabilities regarding the job, I always make it a point to inform them that I have no experience and if they'd show me the ropes. Then day 1 comes and they already have me handling the big guns expecting me to know what I'm doing.

This is why I can't stand working under private businesses. I really want to get into a union as soon as possible because they're leagues above private businesses in what they can offer me.

It's shit like this that just motivates me to work faster towards making my own business so I am not under the complete whim of an employer.

I found out I have a slight learning disability for sequenced repetitive tasks.

I did good in school, over a b average

But every job I've had, I can't remember basic sequences.

Got fired a couple times

Got fired a couple times
I don't have that problem, I can learn repetitive tasks easily if I am given the time. My problem is that employers have me carrying out the same tasks as experienced employees while expecting me, a newbie, to perform the same as said employees.

Got fired a couple times
this is me:feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree:

I don't understand this mentality and It seems like it's prevalent amongst employers too. At least that's the working theory because I've worked several jobs and it's always the same expectation, this can't just be a coincidence at this point. It's not like they're clueless on my lack of capabilities regarding the job, I always make it a point to inform them that I have no experience and if they'd show me the ropes. Then day 1 comes and they already have me handling the big guns expecting me to know what I'm doing.

This is why I can't stand working under private businesses. I really want to get into a union as soon as possible because they're leagues above private businesses in what they can offer me.

It's shit like this that just motivates me to work faster towards making my own business so I am not under the complete whim of an employer.
Damn

New jobs always suck, depending on what it is I've used bits of weed to help take the edge off until I get used to it:smonk:

New jobs always suck, depending on what it is I've used bits of weed to help take the edge off until I get used to it:smonk:
weed always helps