Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I thought I'd finally found a "true crime" case where the male wins.

suicidecase

suicidecase

Wizard
★★
I recently, and randomly, watched Netflix's 4 part documentary about the Haysom murders. I didn't expect to make it all the way through, as Netflix documentaries are usually needlessly, and tediously, drawn out. But it was a fascinating case. This is the trailer for it (which I didn't watch, I went in blind):
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYiotAQQA-A

It's about an old, rich, Canadian couple who were brutally stabbed to death in the mid-80s. The killers were their daughter and her boyfriend at the time. She was ~21, he was ~18. A few things about it fascinated me. Firstly, although it's very obvious both were in on the murder, there's dispute about whether one or both committed the murders. They were, at the time, about 4 hours away in Washington DC, and it's possible one stayed there in order to (attempt to) create an alibi (they bought cinema tickets that day and ordered room service). Secondly, they seemed very much in love, the girl was fairly attractive, posh and literate. She'd write him quite beautifully written love letters and journal entries etc. While he was incel tier, looks-wise. They were both highly intelligent nerds and boarding school kids.

But what particularly grabbed my interest was that the guy was being interviewed throughout, and he was clearly not in prison. So I assumed he'd either got away with or received a short sentence. While her guilt is established pretty early on in the doc, she has her trial long before his because he's German and they can't extradite him, initially. Anyway, of course I'm wrong. Men never win, especially in the criminal justice system.

She gets 90 years for accessory to murder. They basically believe her tale that she stayed in Washington DC and he went to commit the murders alone. If they didn't, she'd likely have been executed. He, I think, gets a life sentence (execution was taken off the table for him as a caveat of his extradition). He originally confessed to the murders in order to protect her (he claims), but then changed his story at his trial and said he was the one who stayed in Washington. Although I'm 99% sure they were both present that night, the evidence that convicted him was weak.

The reason they're free now is because he continued to claim his innocence and worked his bollocks off in prison, lodging appeals, writing to anyone and everyone, until he, some 35 years later, managed to get released. But they also decided to release her too, because why tf not? :soy: You can't have a woman being punished for killing her parents if her boyfriend isn't given at least the same punishment.

There's also some other juicy details in the case, like the girl claiming her Mum sexually abused her.

TL;DR: This was a looksmatched murder duo in 1985:

Attachments

• Jens Soering and Elizabeth Hysom.jpg
    Jens Soering and Elizabeth Hysom.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 17
This german bro was 100% slayer in the 80s. Today he would be a member of this forum...