Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion If animals haven't invented le language, how can they think?

Weed

Weed

ded srs
-
Imageedit 1 6115426120
legit.. we wouldn't be humans if we did not know how to speak and explain things etc. Whatever is generated in your head is by whatever language your mainly speak. How can animals generate the thought of "I am just gonna walk up there"? Sometimes my cat stops and thinks through which door he should go out from, le backdoor or frontdoor. ngl

im going to LDAR, thought the spider

I wish I could explain this but my knowledge is limited.

They don't think in words they think instinctively

NPC theory states many people have no internal monologue.

All animals are NPCs

Sometimes animalistic wordless thinking can be even superior, as humans so often in debates are lost in meanings or words, instead of issue itself. And while interpersonal debates not possible without words, this also happens in debates with ownself, and then thinking in words may be just burden

You don't need language to think, you can think up scenarios and solutions without it. Language is just a tool for conveying thought not thinking it.

Complex thinking precedes complex language.
How can a being invent a complex language if complexe thinking wasn't there before ?
It's like inventing a 8 core processor back when humans still lived in a caves, not possible.

imaginationlossus

The same way that foids think.

language is important

Not all humans have "inner voice" but they function like other human beings

You don't need language to think, you can think up scenarios and solutions without it. Language is just a tool for conveying thought not thinking it.
tbhtbh. I think in language a lot but a lot of my more complex thoughts are hard to put into words because they are complex.

They have their forms of simple language, hence thei for of thinking is relatively simple.

Exactly. And animals do communicate with each other. The sounds they make, their eyes, body language, etc.. Just because they dont have a mouth to make words like us doesnt mean they dont communicate, think, or feel. Every living being has to make choices in the moment.

But is there a difference in IQs of people who have and don't have inner voices
I'm not sure tbh. It probably depends on what they have instead of inner voice. I'm sure there are high IQ no inner voice people and low IQ inner voice people. Also there are people with different levels as well and some peoplel can't visualize anything and only think in words.

I'm not sure tbh. It probably depends on what they have instead of inner voice. I'm sure there are high IQ no inner voice people and low IQ inner voice people. Also there are people with different levels as well and some peoplel can't visualize anything and only think in words.
I used to mostly visualize stuff as a kid but later in life, I mostly think in wirds

I used to mostly visualize stuff as a kid but later in life, I mostly think in wirds
brutal. I think in a weird combo ngl. kind of funny how everyone thinks different and we will never know what its like to be in someone elses brain or how to think like them.

Spiderlosssus. XD