Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory If you ever feel like LDAR is low IQ or bad, at least you're not doing what I've seen from people recently

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
Recently... I've seen so many people who are grumpy and trying to sue others in civil court. Silly, frivolous lawsuits and legal/court fees.

It's SO DUMB.

Seriously, sitting around playing video games is cheaper and more fun than that is!

Suddenly, doing next to nothing seems like a really prudent life choice. XD

Middle age people get so into lawsuits, letters from lawyers, etc. Its their drama fest where they want to 'win'.

you can LDAR if you have enough space to farm food and collect sun energy

Middle age people get so into lawsuits, letters from lawyers, etc. Its their drama fest where they want to 'win'.

Yeah this is how it looks to be to me too.

The really bad thing about it is that it's not consensual is it... it's like picking a fight with somebody in the street.

Not everyone wants conflict and competition forced into their life like that, especially when you factor in the "gambling" component that comes with having to hire lawyers, etc.

Yeah this is how it looks to be to me too.

The really bad thing about it is that it's not consensual is it... it's like picking a fight with somebody in the street.

Not everyone wants conflict and competition forced into their life like that, especially when you factor in the "gambling" component that comes with having to hire lawyers, etc.

I guess part of it is they send out multiple lawyer letters and threats until someone bites and wants a battle. Meanwhile me I probably wouldn't even open my mail for months. Then if I got a letter like that I would do nothing and hope it goes away and then forget about it 5 minutes later.

Meanwhile with my parents I know that would be a big drama for them and they would be calling their lawyer immediately and taking action.

I guess part of it is they send out multiple lawyer letters and threats until someone bites and wants a battle. Meanwhile me I probably wouldn't even open my mail for months. Then if I got a letter like that I would do nothing and hope it goes away and then forget about it 5 minutes later.

The issue though is you can end up in "default judgement" >.<

Which is really harsh.

My best understanding is that largely because of that and also the much lower burden of proof in civil court, if you don't defend yourself you can end up losing to really ridiculous cases.

It's definitely really harsh. I think default judgement shouldn't exist and the burden of proof should be much higher, then the problem would mostly go away.

The issue though is you can end up in "default judgement" >.<

Which is really harsh.

My best understanding is that largely because of that and also the much lower burden of proof in civil court, if you don't defend yourself you can end up losing to really ridiculous cases.

It's definitely really harsh. I think default judgement shouldn't exist and the burden of proof should be much higher, then the problem would mostly go away.

For small issues they should have like an arbitrator who just looks at it and makes a decision. And there would be right of appeal but it could have a high burden like you are talking about.

For small issues they should have like an arbitrator who just looks at it and makes a decision. And there would be right of appeal but it could have a high burden like you are talking about.

Yeah it's a weird one. I think some cases can just be "thrown out".

I dunno really.

I feel like... as a general rule, as long as you don't do anything clearly bad, you'll probably be OK, especially if you always respond to any suits against you so you don't end up in default judgement.

Liability insurance can help too of course.

I discovered earlier that here in the UK you can go on the gov casetracker site and see if there is anything filed against you.

Legal fees can be expensive but I believe you can usually claim them back from the losing side.

Most people probably go their whole lives without this issue... but you only need to be unlucky and stumble upon someone who is "sue-happy" and suddenly everything can change very quickly, I think!