Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Incel trait: All social interactions feel forced and uncomfortable.

yezhi

yezhi

Recruit
★★
When you're born non NT, socializing feels like you're spectating yourself in every interaction, thinking about every little thing I say and how I can appear acceptable. How is it easy for so many people...

When you're born non NT, socializing feels like you're spectating yourself in every interaction, thinking about every little thing I say and how I can appear acceptable. How is it easy for so many people...

We have to try and be normal, they just have to be

I feel I have to be careful what I say as it may be misinterpreted, or used against me by some normie.

I feel you man. It’s like existing in another world.

I really dislike it tbh. It feels almost like performing a play, but you're a terrible actor with constant stage fright.

True. Im sure it wouldnt be like that if normies would have an ounce of empathy and patience for us

i always end up messing up when talking to people

And it feels that way, IMO, because when we were younger especially, we were excluded from everything. So many of us never developed the skills to engage naturally. Further, we have a paranoia we will be betrayed by a fake friend, if we let ourselves trust them. It's happened to me even in later adulthood.

So the safer route is just not to engage at all unless we need to (professional settings, etc).

I don't even care to form a friendship with NT's.

I identify with observing yourself at all times.

Being hyperaware can be detrimental sometimes

I really dislike it tbh. It feels almost like performing a play, but you're a terrible actor with constant stage fright.
I don't fear social interactions because nothing bad is going to happen to me. When someone asks you a question, just provide him/her with a simple answer and you will be fine. Since you are autistic, It will be a very difficult task

I don't fear social interactions because nothing bad is going to happen to me. When someone asks you a question, just provide him/her with a simple answer and you will be fine. Since you are autistic, It will be a very difficult task
I am autistic so I can't simply provide a simple answer off the top of my head. Feel like I need to go through a thousand processes in my head before I respond to anything,.

I am autistic so I can't simply provide a simple answer off the top of my head. Feel like I need to go through a thousand processes in my head before I respond to anything,.
Yeah, as an NT, I understand. For me, maintaining conversations is easy.

Hope they one day bring out a drug that relaxes that part of my mind and makes social interactions flow like they seem to do for most people.