Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Incel Trait: Listening to older music

Barnacle

Barnacle

Banned
-
Many Incels like listening to older popular music, mostly before the 2000s but especially from the 1970s and 1980s.
Could also apply to movies.

Not sure if actually an incel or an asperger trait.

Incel trait: not listening to normalnigger hiphop and rnb or normalnigger slut pop

Metal heads and weeb music seems more predominant here.

incels into boomers

I noticed that too, it's the same for mee since I prefer listen to underground or old music than to shitty trap/pop etc. I wonder why.

I can't recall the last time I've heard something new or modern.
Most music these days are not music exactly. Just trash. Simply trash.

yep, I can relate

incel trait: listening to ww2 march songs

I mostly listen to baroque, classical, rock, metal and military marches. Chads usually listen to rap, trap and some sort of electronic music. It's basically over unless you are some double digit IQ souless thug Chad who wears pants that are too small and listens to rap.

Not really an incel trait for me. I was just born in the late 70s and that's what I "grew up" (still a jobless sexless manchild) on

It's just a non NPC normie trait.Actually having a taste in music and listening what you like instead of following the herd

Yeah

is better than

Just deleted that wanted to go into more detail.

Popular music today is better than the popular music of the 70s and 80s.

Hip-hop lyrics besides the worst mumble rap (yes some of it is good) are more advanced than any other genre.

Style and mood are more diverse too. Most metal to me is just unnecessary screaming and trying to sound chaotic.

Alek Minassian is hop-hip even if made by a white boy. The screaming fits well with the lyrics.

Here's a few songs from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Year-End_Hot_100_singles_of_1984 because the song that was linked to me was from 1984.

This was the hottest rock song at one point.

"Rock Me Tonite" is a hit song written and recorded by American rock artist Billy Squier. It was released in June 1984 as the lead single from his platinum-plus album Signs of Life. The song is Squier's highest charting U.S. single, peaking at number 15 on the Billboard Hot 100 and hitting the Top 10 on the Cash Box singles chart. It also returned him to #1 on the Top Rock Tracks chart in August 1984.

Every decade of music has generic songs about Chad.

It's gotta be a strange twist of fate
Telling me that heaven can wait
Telling me to get it right this time
Life doesn't mean a thing
Without the love you bring
Love is what we've found
The second time around
>music today isn't deep 80s lyrics were so much better :soy:

"To All The Girls I've Loved Before" huh I guess some on here could relate to that.

I'm listening to this right now

i listen to whatever music i think is good, be it modern or old. Oldest artists I listen to are frank Sinatra, bob dylan, marty robbins, beatles, beach boys. newest are kendrick, kanye, run the jewels, death grips. refusing to listen to new music just cus it's mainstream is stupid. lots of newer artists do it better than the older ones, like royal republic (amazing punk rock), royal blood (amazing hard rock), kanye (easily the best overall rap music), iron and wine (amazing folk music), galneryus (amazing power metal), and many other examples. Of course I'm not bashing the classics though, just saying you shouldn't limit yourself to just the oldies and underground shit.

Not really an incel trait for me. I was just born in the late 70s and that's what I "grew up" (still a jobless sexless manchild) on
I was born in the early 90s and most people my generation don't listen to anything from that era.

sometimes listen to songs from elementary/middle school since they remind me of happier times

everyone does that shit. modern music is trash

there r some rly nice tracks from joker

Highly accurate in my case. I am pretty fond of old school rap.

I mostly listen to metal, some old some new.

I will listen to a new album if it has a lot of buzz around it, or if it’s climbing the charts. It makes me feel closer to the normies, and I’ve always wanted to be one

Normie trait: listening to nigger rap music

Many Incels like listening to older popular music, mostly before the 2000s but especially from the 1970s and 1980s.
Could also apply to movies.

Not sure if actually an incel or an asperger trait.
Yep I listen to mostly 70s and 80s

nothing like meatloaf that dude fucking kills todays trash and i reckon at one point he may have been an incel or a least jim steinman was

especially from the 1970s and 1980s.
Is it a Truecel trait if I listen to 50's and 60's a lot? For me those times we're just more rocking.

incel trait: doing something that's not mainstream

I think I've summed up 500 threads tbhon

and watching old movies

Listening to old German songs really shows how much culture has been lost over the past decades.

I mostly listen to baroque, classical, rock, metal and military marches. Chads usually listen to rap, trap and some sort of electronic music. It's basically over unless you are some double digit IQ souless thug Chad who wears pants that are too small and listens to rap.
We have very similar taste

Yep, I mostly listen to movie soundtracks and military marches.

I only listen to Terry Davis' music (inspired by god) on temple OS.