Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Is anybody else an obsessive completionist?

iamsubhuman

iamsubhuman

I'm evil, nigga.
★★★★★
I'm mostly talking about gaming here.

I just don't feel satisfied if I don't do everything or mostly everything. Like recently, I was playing GTA 5 (singleplayer) and I got the gold medals for all missions. I also grinded the stats to 100, got majority of the collectibles, revealed the whole map, and got 100% completion. I bought every property, every helicoper, plane, boat and got majority of clothing items (still missing a few). I pretty much have every singleplayer trophy besides the Director Mode stuff.

I'm about to play RDR2 and do the same thing. Also, I like to do something called a master save which is basically doing as much as possible as early as possible. For example, in GTA 5, I got max stats (Franklin only), every stunt jump, every under the bridge, and every knife flight before the first Simeon mission.

lol I think this might be some form of OCD

I have the Platinum trophies in both GTA V and RDR2
You grow out of it eventually, especially if you pirate games and play and different platforms

I wanted to catch all the Poke'mon on Peke'mon Yellow. But I don't think you can actually catch Mew unless you know about Glitching. This put me off being a completionist.

Although when they say catch, I think it makes more sense they mean "catch" as in, log everything as seen on the Poke'dex.

Yes, I can’t move on to another game if I haven’t 100%ed the one before it.

Trophy hunters and speedrunners are the truest of trucels in the gaming community. Our fixation on trying to achieve meaningless shit is worrisome.

Like recently, I was playing GTA 5 (singleplayer) and I got the gold medals for all missions.
I did this when I was a kid btw. GTA Series Videos helped out a ton. I was so stubborn even back then that I HAD to force myself to play with auto-aim off, making the accuracy medals nightmarishly difficulty.

I'm about to play RDR2 and do the same thing.
Fuck that game.

I can relate, but collection feathers is not fun and its borderline retarded.

just don't feel satisfied if I don't do everything or mostly everything. Like recently, I was playing GTA 5 (singleplayer) and I got the gold medals for all missions. I also grinded the stats to 100, got majority of the collectibles, revealed the whole map, and got 100% completion. I bought every property, every helicoper, plane, boat and got majority of clothing items (still missing a few). I pretty much have every singleplayer trophy besides the Director Mode stuff.
Did you do the stock market trading wig the assassination missions? I think I messed up a little bit and ended with 1.4 billion instead of the 2.1 billion you're supposed to get

Did you do the stock market trading wig the assassination missions? I think I messed up a little bit and ended with 1.4 billion instead of the 2.1 billion you're supposed to get
yeah, reached money cap with franklin and michael. trevor had somewhere like 2.11 billion instead of the 2.14 billion

yeah, reached money cap with franklin and michael. trevor had somewhere like 2.11 billion instead of the 2.14 billion
When that gardening check hits :cool:

I can relate, but collection feathers is not fun and its borderline retarded.
I did the hidden packages thing back when I played GTA 3 and Vice City. Never again.

In 3 you get all the guns for free and that's it. In VC, you can get all the guns for free (and a Rhino tank) and the Hunter at Lance's house if you get them all. Got 99 out of 100 and went insane trying to find the missing one

I was until I realized how pointless the grind is given that kids can effectively cheat them all with a simple Google search (SAM, mod menus, trainers and so on).

No games are boring after the main story line is done

I like going for achievements but I cared more when I played on PS4 because of the platinum trophies.

Trophy hunters and speedrunners are the truest of trucels in the gaming community. Our fixation on trying to achieve meaningless shit is worrisome.
There's one guy that I am following on xbox that has 2 million Gamerscore, I see him playing all day every day, the guy is like 35 years old lmao.