Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Is having a "point" to the center of your hairline Masculine or Feminine?

R

RageAgainstTDL

Overlord
★★★★★
I've been paying a lot of attention to people's hairlines. I notice most people tend to have a small "point" at the center of their hairline.

I am not talking about a big widow's peak.

I mean this type of tiny point:

235337.max-500x500.jpg

Almost all white/latino/Indian people seem to have these.

By contrast, I note a lot of black and yellow people don't.

Zac Efron has almost the most perfectly straight hairline for a white guy but he still has it a bit:

zac-efron-slicked-back-hair.jpg

Timberlake has it even though his is pretty straight too:

9-Justin-Timberlake-Slicked-Back-Hairstyle-for-Men-460x700.jpg

Christian Bale:

Grown-Out-Buzz-Cut-for-Mr.-Bale.jpg

Tom Cruise is perhaps the only white celeb I can find who doesn't have this feature identifiable at all in any pics I can see:

MV5BMjA3NzE4MjM4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODMyOTAzMw@@._V1_.jpg

Brad Pitt's is almost imperceptible but still barely there:
aguidetobradpittsglorioushairevolutionandwhatindianmencanlearnfromit1_1411047290.jpg

Is this a masculine or feminine trait overall?

My sense is it is feminine. I feel like the straighter the hairline, the more masculine it is. While the more pointy it is, the more feminine. That's not to say a guy can't look manly with a pointy hairline. Both of these guys look manly, even with true big widow's peaks:

MV5BOTU2MTI0NTIyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTA4Nzc3OA@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

gavin-rossdale-the-voice-uk-judge-t.jpg

But I do think that a straighter horizontal hairline is probably more masculine.

What do you think? Is this right? Is a pointy hairline more "feminine"?

Last edited:
I posted my square/straight, Effron type, hairline on looksmax and people said it is ideal for males unlike the point one you mention. So I guess straight is better(masculine)

It literally doesn’t even matter as long has your not balding or bald. It doesn’t even fucking matter

No clue. My hairline is perfectly straight, but it's way too high up to be ideal.

My sense is it is feminine. I feel like the straighter the hairline, the more masculine it is.
That is just because we perceive everything straight as masculine, everything curvy as feminine. Which type of hairline you have is 100% genetic.

It's over for widows peakcels.
DUZeqvzWAAEwLQp.jpg

That is just because we perceive everything straight as masculine, everything curvy as feminine. Which type of hairline you have is 100% genetic.

Yeah maybe that's the case. Interesting way to think about it.

I agree it's absolutely genetic and can go either way irrespective of gender. I don't see any particular prevalence that's greater in men or women. It's more racial if anything who has it or who doesn't.

I just mean to say, hypothetically, if you were genetically engineering a super Chad and could pick any features you want, would you give him a point or not?

I'm thinking not.
It's over for widows peakcels.
DUZeqvzWAAEwLQp.jpg

Hahaha. Okay that's not the idea I was going for.
It literally doesn’t even matter as long has your not balding or bald. It doesn’t even fucking matter

I'm not saying it makes a "big difference". I'm just trying to understand, because there are circumstances when a man is 'redesigning' his hairline and then he can choose any shape he wants.

Last edited:
Aren’t widows peaks are just a trait? Something like 35% of the population have some degree of widows peak. It’s genes.

Aren’t widows peaks are just a trait? Something like 35% of the population have some degree of widows peak. It’s genes.

Of course it's genes. I am just asking whether it appears masculine or feminine.

And I don't mean a big widow's peak. Just even the tiny point that most people have.

I'm asking if you could pick any hairline in the world as a man, would you pick it to be perfectly straight, or more like, say Timberlake's?

Straight
benaffleck01.jpg

Bit of Point
38898955b0ae1a678837fe919edaef3d.jpg

The waviness adds a bit of character, but I think it's feminine or "pretty" in nature. While the straighter hairline looks more masculine but also "brutish".

But it's not obvious or dramatic which is why I'm asking.