Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

is IT a good career to go into in amerimuttland?

• Thread starter Deleted member 43928
  • Start date
Deleted member 43928

Deleted member 43928

Big firepower. Small package!
-
i suck ass at programming (i can do some basic HTML and Python but that's about it) but i guess i'm decent at working with computers. i can fix and troubleshoot Kikerosoft Windows and set up a Linux system well enough. i have honestly no idea what else i could do because everything else sounds too hard for my dumb ass. what do you think?

i suck ass at programming (i can do some basic HTML and Python but that's about it) but i guess i'm decent at working with computers. i can fix and troubleshoot Kikerosoft Windows and set up a Linux system well enough. i have honestly no idea what else i could do because everything else sounds too hard for my dumb ass. what do you think?
Lol, I probably have the same skill as you in terms of computers since I use Linux a lot and I also know somewhat about Windows and I know enough HTML and CSS to make a basic webpage. I'm also learning a little bit of Python and PHP.

Do you know how to remotely connect to another computer via SSH? Do you know basic networking and how protocols, port numbers, IP addresses, domains work?

Lol, I probably have the same skill as you in terms of computers since I use Linux a lot and I also know somewhat about Windows and I know enough HTML and CSS to make a basic webpage. I'm also learning a little bit of Python and PHP.

Do you know how to remotely connect to another computer via SSH? Do you know basic networking and how protocols, port numbers, IP addresses, domains work?
honestly i know what SSH and all that shit is, but i've never actually used it. it doesn't look too hard. i think i know a little bit about networking and all that stuff but my knowledge is very basic. i'm mainly just good at OS stuff and fixing things. i think i got an IT certificate in highschool from some dumb program so i guess i'm sorta competent.

Honestly you could get a solid job by repairing PC's or fixing the computers of dumbasses at a big company, it won't pay well but it's better than nothing.

When i first read the title i thought you meant IncelTears

Honestly you could get a solid job by repairing PC's or fixing the computers of dumbasses at a big company, it won't pay well but it's better than nothing.
Yeah, but that's different since software is different by hardware.

Usually if it's something like viruses or a misconfigured registry just back up the data (as long as it's still recoverable of course) and reinstall the OS.

Now with hardware, that's a bit different since not all computers have replacable components and you have to know how to solder and how the circuitry works.

When i first read the title i thought you meant IncelTears
IncelTears isn't a career. It isn't even a hobby. It's the lowest of the low: a cult. :feelskek::feelshaha::feelshaha:

IncelTears isn't a career. It isn't even a hobby. It's the lowest of the low: a cult. :feelskek::feelshaha::feelshaha:
well in america sum things are just buid different and I think some users on there would write things like active redditor into their CV :feelskek:

If they can get hired off that, that's bullshit. And I wouldn't be surprised if they can get hired off that, in my field.

It is if you are willing to grind math coding puzzles for 500-1000 hours minimum. If you cannot do this, I would say not worth it. The high paying jobs all require solving coding puzzles

Aren't IT jobs mostly outsourced to 3rd world countries?

The answer depends on what you want to specialize in and what you find the most rewarding.

IMO if you're a novice and competent at maths, it's easier to learn programming as an Electrical Engineer since Electrical Engineering's the progenitor of all other CS disciplines. Electrical Engineers predominantly only concern themselves with Low Level languages like Assembly and Embedded C which is easier to become proficient at than Hosted Programming Languages as you're directly interfacing with the Hardware rather than relying on other people's Libraries.

It's easier for me to understand a Datasheet than it is for me to understand Library Documentation.