Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Is quantum mechanics hard?

Is quantum mechanics hard?

• Yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
mistersinister

mistersinister

New Creation
★★★★★
Is quantum mechanics hard?

I feel like it would depend on how well you can understand abstract stuff. I found stuff like physics and p-chem to be pretty hard not just because of the math but because of the abstract concepts.

no its not hard its like spacey science shit but like make believe
basically all science

does pope shit in the forest?

Yes even basic physics was hard for me. So quantum physics must be even more so, possibly the hardest topic on the planet. But if you break down the concepts to simpler ones and build up your understanding, it won't be as hard.

Yes even basic physics was hard for me. So quantum physics must be even more so, possibly the hardest topic on the planet. But if you break down the concepts to simpler ones and build up your understanding, it won't be as hard.
I actually find quantum slightly easier than classical physics. Not that it's actually easier, but the problems that people are normally in about quantum happens to be something I'm decent at.

I actually find quantum slightly easier than classical physics. Not that it's actually easier, but the problems that people are normally in about quantum happens to be something I'm decent at.
I haven't studied quantum physics in depth but I am guessing you find it easier due to it being more focused on abstract ideas rather than math formulas?

I would say yes extremely so. You have to know a ton of math and physics beforehand before attempting it, but maybe I'm just stupid.

I wanted to study Quantum Mechanics so I could get a better understanding of chemical bonding but the pre-requisite math and physics is so high I doubt I would be doing it soon.

I guess that high barrier is what makes it a "tough" subject to enter into,

I wanted to study Quantum Mechanics so I could get a better understanding of chemical bonding but the pre-requisite math and physics is so high I doubt I would be doing it soon.

I guess that high barrier is what makes it a "tough" subject to enter into,
did u finish ur bio degree yet btw

I haven't studied quantum physics in depth but I am guessing you find it easier due to it being more focused on abstract ideas rather than math formulas?
I think quantum tends to be harder if you try to re-establish classic results in terms of quantum, but a quantum course tends to focus on the very basics of matrix theory/linear algebra and doesn't go very far from there unless it's a graduate-level course from the physics department. So I would say yes, it's more abstract but also tends to be more fundamental. I find it more difficult to understand how different objects interact in a complex classical system than simple quantum concepts such as no-cloning, which can be explained with well-known facts about the Hilbert space.

Depends on which level you want to reach.

I mean, is violin hard? Not if you just want to play "twinkle, twinkle, little star".

Also, quantum mechanics is the basic stuff. [UWSL]The high IQ stuff is in quantum field theory.[/UWSL]

Last edited:
41CFCEBA 281E 4E90 9D90 5E0B2545DA60

View: https://youtu.be/rRn23dQ_uJA

I did some of it. A lot of statistics and probability bullshit. Schrodinger's wave equation. The old way of doing or thinking about physics with position and momentum breaks down essentially.

In mathematics, I found that stats or calculus was when it started to get hard. Algebra/Trig/Geometry is easy.