Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Is there a place on the internet that is more depressing than incels.me?

imo this site isn't depressing

iblamemyself said:

What is depressing about this place? I mean it is a forum where people have discussions like any other forum. The topics that are discussed are for the most part interesting and engaging.

KvltWarrior98 said:
iblamemyself said:
What is depressing about this place? I mean it is a forum where people have discussions like any other forum. The topics that are discussed are for the most part interesting and engaging.
for example let's talk about medicine uni

nausea said:
for example let's talk about medicine uni

Sure, what do you want to know about it?

nausea said:
without being politically correct, ok?

Yeah, sure ask right away, it's not that I would have been PC anyway.

This place makes me happy (other than the dickpill posts)

KvltWarrior98 said:
nausea said:
without being politically correct, ok?
Yeah, sure ask right away, it's not that I would have been PC anyway.
I am superdeluded by uni, you? you are at the 2nd year right?

nausea said:
I am superdeluded by uni, you? you are at the 2nd year right?

Yeah, I'm second year. That means I still mostly deal with theoretical subjects such as anatomy, biochemistry, cellular and molecular biology, histology, physiology, physics, statistics and many others. As of now, I had really rare occasions to work face to face to actual patients, that does not mean I haven't been part of paramedic volunteering teams, yet that is theoretically extracurricular.

Superdeluded? Would you care to expand this more specifically so as to be capable to give you a more detailed answer?

KvltWarrior98 said:
. As of now, I had really rare occasions to work face to face to actual patients
that is what I mean

romania adheres to eu standards in this field , right?

nausea said:
that is what I mean

romania adheres to eu standards in this field , right?

Yes, we are subject to EU standards of clinical/pre-clinical differentiation. But that does not stop you from volunteering in the SMURD, the high-tier emergency response unit, or even at the local ambulance departament, to get some first hand experience to actually dealing with life threatening situations. The fact that many students are lazy, stupid or simply do not wish to do this type of work is another issue altogether.

Yet, what is - I believe good about the Romanian system - is the fact that exams are very rigorous and actually you do have to know a lot of information, and be capable to reason with it, not just reproduce it in order to pass. Despite having a lot of our demanded bibliography from foreign atlases and books, some of it is also from old autohtone books, form the 30's and the 40's, that is a plus for us, for they are very good ones (especially in regards to anatomy), and deal with the issues in a logical and useful manner.

KvltWarrior98 said:
But that does not stop you from volunteering in the SMURD, the high-tier emergency response unit, or even at the local ambulance departament, to get some first hand experience to actually dealing with life threatening situations. The fact that many students are lazy, stupid or simply do not wish to do this type of work is another issue altogether.
good for you, I did something like this in 2nd year and it has been totally useless, and travesty too
KvltWarrior98 said:
Yet, what is - I believe good about the Romanian system - is the fact that exams are very rigorous and actually you do have to know a lot of information, and be capable to reason with it, not just reproduce it in order to pass. Despite having a lot of our demanded bibliography from foreign atlases and books, some of it is also from old autohtone books, form the 30's and the 40's, that is a plus for us, for they are very good ones (especially in regards to anatomy), and deal with the issues in a logical and useful manner.
if eu standard is enforced, you will experience similar situations to me, when you will start the clinical stuff ( I started in 4th year ), you will see the idiocy of it all, total waste of time

the problem is that USA standards of medical education are enormously superior, imho eh

apart from the inceldom plague, I initially recovered my enthusiasm in the 4th year, ya know, I started going to the various hospitals 3 times a week, etc, but after a couple months I got the message.....going to the departments became just a chore - waste of time, and ragefuel

hopefully you will get treated differently eh, maybe your uni enforces its own plan and actually fucking cares for its students

not to mention the fear of not know to do almost ANYTHING in practice the first work duties I faced

nausea said:
good for you, I did something like this in 2nd year and it has been totally useless, and travesty too
if eu standard is enforced, you will experience similar situations to me, when you will start the clinical stuff ( I started in 4th year ), you will see the idiocy of it all, total waste of time

the problem is that USA standards of medical education are enormously superior, imho eh

apart from the inceldom plague, I initially recovered my enthusiasm in the 4th year, ya know, I started going to the various hospitals 3 times a week, etc, but after a couple months I got the message.....going to the departments became just a chore - waste of time, and ragefuel

hopefully you will get treated differently eh, maybe your uni enforces its own plan and actually fucking cares for its students

not to mention the fear of not know to do almost ANYTHING in practice the first work duties I faced

I am really curious, did you find it a waste because nobody cared to explain you anything (as I know that it happens many times with older students going in practice only to be completely ignored by the doctors there), or was it because you found out how utterly moronic most of the people who end up in the emergency room,or even in the hospital in general, are (as I have unfortunately found out during my independent practice during the summer)?

About my uni... well, I doubt that we will be treated any differently than any other med students out there in the EU, meaning that even now, it's kind of obvious that nobody really cares about you or if you are actually interested in learning something or not. You either learn on your own or simply end up a moron with a diploma (which is kind of sad if I am to think of this).

KvltWarrior98 said:
I am really curious, did you find it a waste because nobody cared to explain you anything (as I know that it happens many times with older students going in practice only to be completely ignored by the doctors there), or was it because you found out how utterly moronic most of the people who end up in the emergency room,or even in the hospital in general, are (as I have unfortunately found out during my independent practice during the summer)?
no, it's not at all about patients eh

it's about the fact that you are forced to frequent the depts and you find yourself losing time: nobody wanna teach you anything nor theory nor practice NOTHING FUCK
I asked, and either they didn't respond or became hostile, go figure
only once I found a good guy who actually teached me something and guess what? I chose his dept to fullfill uni requirements, good move from me because also other people started teaching me

also, this is what happens to 99% of medstudents here ( unless obviously you are the son of some mcdaddy .......... JFL )
KvltWarrior98 said:
About my uni... well, I doubt that we will be treated any differently than any other med students out there in the EU, meaning that even now, it's kind of obvious that nobody really cares about you or if you are actually interested in learning something or not. You either learn on your own or simply end up a moron with a diploma (which is kind of sad if I am to think of this).
yeah, true
when I had this realization I completely changed my behaviour with everybody, indeed this is THE reason for my delusion

I, even now, study with conscience BUT I learned my lessons so I give priority to what actually HELP me doing my work and fuck the rest

shadowninya said:
incelqueers
true and loled

nausea said:
no, it's not at all about patients eh

it's about the fact that you are forced to frequent the depts and you find yourself losing time: nobody wanna teach you anything nor theory nor practice NOTHING FUCK
I asked, and either they didn't respond or became hostile, go figure
only once I found a good guy who actually teached me something and guess what? I chose his dept to fullfill uni requirements, good move from me because also other people started teaching me

also, this is what happens to 99% of medstudents here ( unless obviously you are the son of some mcdaddy .......... JFL )
yeah, true
when I had this realization I completely changed my behaviour with everybody, indeed this is THE reason for my delusion

I, even now, study with conscience BUT I learned my lessons so I give priority to what actually HELP me doing my work and fuck the rest

Well, first of all, thanks for being honest with me. Yeah, I can understand the frustration of being tossed around like a piece of shit and nobody to care about your presence there in the departament, as is unfortunately the case here to. Well, at least in a lot of cases.

As of yet, I do believe that I have always tried my best, tired to help people whenever and however I was capable to, despite - as you said - having this feeling of being treated like crap. Though honestly, for the most part I just kept my head low and observed how the doctors work in their departments and then just tried to figure it all out, even without their help - with more or less success. That in my opinion did not make the experience as a waste of time, just very tedious and tiring.

I actually enjoy learning stuff on my own, even if I do not end up using it, it's just better to occupy my time with something than just to waste it all away on fruitless thoughts.

KvltWarrior98 said:
As of yet, I do believe that I have always tried my best, tired to help people whenever and however I was capable to, despite - as you said - having this feeling of being treated like crap. Though honestly, for the most part I just kept my head low and observed how the doctors work in their departments and then just tried to figure it all out, even without their help - with more or less success. That in my opinion did not make the experience as a waste of time, just very tedious and tiring.
yes but AS OF YET ))))))))))))

anyway, why did you choose med?

nausea said:
yes but AS OF YET ))))))))))))

anyway, why did you choose med?

Honestly, I always liked physics (I was even part of the national team at the International Physics Olympiad in 11th grade - that's how much I liked it), chemistry and biology in high school (and of course mathematics, by the gods, I still love to immerse myself solving various calculus problems...  :) ). I just figured it would be an appropriate career for myself, and of course I just so thought that I owe medicine my life, considering - I have told you already - the accident I suffered at 14.

If the orthopedists, abdominal and plastic-reconstructive surgeons managed to make me a functional human being again, so can I do to others who maybe do truly want to live, who are still happy with this life they have, I will at least be able to make them enjoy that a bit longer if I manage to save them.

I come form a rather wealthy family and honestly, money (as is with many) is not really that of a motivation to me, after all, had I wanted to be swimming in it, I would have chosen a career in programming (I was good at it - for a 15-16 yo - in fact during high school, I even enjoyed experimenting with writing my own primitive games, recreating classics or simply playing around), but considering how unhappy I see both my parents being (as both of them are university lecturers in mathematics and computer sciences), I just decided not to follow them in their careers.

It is a challenge, yes I admit, and there are many days in which I simply wish to quit, but then I realize through how much shit I've been through, how much crap was thrown at me, and I just keep on moving...

KvltWarrior98 said:
KvltWarrior98 said:
chemistry and biology in high school
yes liked them too, but no maths
KvltWarrior98 said:
I would have chosen a career in programming (I was good at it - for a 15-16 yo - in fact during high school, I even enjoyed experimenting with writing my own primitive games, recreating classics or simply playing around)
interesting, I am informaticnoob even if I own pc's since 1985
KvltWarrior98 said:
It is a challenge, yes I admit, and there are many days in which I simply wish to quit, but then I realize through how much shit I've been through, how much crap was thrown at me, and I just keep on moving...
why challenge? exam-stress eh?

nausea said:

Yep

Heck, in two days I have the histology exam and still have 200 pages left to learn... but I will manage, I hope. I mean, even right now as I am writing to you I fluctuate between my courses and this forum.

KvltWarrior98 said:
nausea said:
Yep
Heck, in two days I have the histology exam and still have 200 pages left to learn... but I will manage, I hope. I mean, even right now as I am writing to you I fluctuate between my courses and this forum.
ahahhaha yeah

just find a balance man, I passed entire nights studying, lost sleep etc

From the top of my head:
facebook.com
twitter.com
tumblr.com

FeminismsCancer said:
From the top of my head:
facebook.com
twitter.com
tumblr.com
no waterloo?