Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL Is there even a point in studying English?

Caelus

Caelus

★★★★
My normie cousin who studies “English literature” was here yesterday, and I told him straightforwardly head on with no sugarcoating that he’s wasting his time and money trying to conventionally learn and “teach” the most popular and colloquially accepted/flexible language in existence. By the time he’s done graduating, everything he had wished he could achieve will have come to fruition through A.I.

Of course, like every other normie unwilling to budge and hear what they NEED to hear (as opposed to what they want), he became instantly aggressive. I tried reasoning with him, telling him unless he’s STEMcucking hard or finance/daytrademaxxing, there’s no point in spending time on doing anything else in the hopes of being able to make a good living out of it. But he was out for blood dude. He got PISSED after I told him that (understandably so, I mean imagine having to cope your way around that jfl).

It’s so fucking stupid. Like, I legit can’t think of a more stupid and intellectually bankrupt field to pursue as a foreigner. Holy shit. :feelskek:

My English is shit, it’s piss-poor and suffice to say, my wording is ridden with pure good old fashion autism, but at least I was able to establish coherent understanding and fluent accent through just listening to it. Why bother learn/teaching it via text-related material? It’s least effective that way. You want to learn a language? Go LISTEN to the language. Everything else is cope.

There’s no need to teach it if everyone else and their mother already knows it.

Last edited:
Nope english is a retarded, faggotic, jewish and nigger language

Niggerish, unless America is annihilated and depopulated that's what English is gonna be

Niggerish,
Engrish.

unless America is annihilated and depopulated that's what English is gonna be
Tbh, even though I’m not a fan of their accent, I feel the British has a wider appreciation for the language and they get to utilize it better.

What I really find funny tho is the curries and other non-native speakers who use their slang/informal terminologies like “mate” or “wanker” like come on. :feelskek:

Studying any language beyond the function of proper communication - speaking, reading, AND writing - is an absolute waste of time. Studying literature is an even bigger waste of time. Literature is something to be enjoyed, not studied.

unless he’s STEMcucking hard or finance/daytrademaxxing,
Not everyone can STEMcel. STEM today is only for very high IQ and high stamina autist.

It probably won't make much but studying literature is interesting at least

What the fuck is so interesting about the study of literature? Serious question, I'm genuinely curious.

English Majors exist to be debt slaves in the pyramid scheme of academia.

STEM today is only for very high IQ
Bullshit honestly. I have probably a below average IQ and ended up STEMcucking (although it should be noted that STEMcucking is a lot less hectic where I live).

The “studying” bit probably takes away the joy from it. Still more fun than being in a community college at least.

Not everyone can STEMcel. STEM today is only for very high IQ and high stamina autist.
...or sandnigger/curry kids who get beaten by their parents.

You can't beat someone into succeeding. I got beaten but didn't succeed. You either have what it takes to succeed on your own, or you don't.

You can't beat someone into succeeding. I got beaten but didn't succeed. You either have what it takes to succeed on your own, or you don't.
Cope tbh. My parents beat me into STEMmaxxing. I am low IQ so it was hell at first, still is to some extent, but I'm still here.

Cope tbh. My parents beat me into STEMmaxxing. I am low IQ so it was hell at first, still is to some extent, but I'm still here.
Nah its too miserable. It doesn't work if you're too stupid or low in stamina.

Nah its too miserable. It doesn't work if you're too stupid or low in stamina.
Yeah tbh my stamina is what made it work. I was an undiagnosed untreated ADHD kid with below average IQ, but had incredible stamina.

:feelsrope:

I was “encouraged” by my kebab family to go STEMcuck too because my grades have always been good :feelstastyman: (despite slacking during hs cuz depression and suicide)

But in retrospect though, I’m not that ungrateful. There really is no other useful field to study now that I’m looking at it.

Brutally over for that curry kid. Look at 1:23 in the video, there's a fucking fly on his arm. I can't imagine studying that hard in a shitty (pun intended) environment like India.

my kebab family
Wait you're a Turkish cel too????? Holy mother of based no wonder you are a truecel.

But in retrospect though, I’m not that ungrateful. There really is no other useful field to study now that I’m looking at it.
Yeah tbh all the good fields require you to know at least some degree of STEM.

Brutally over for that curry kid. Look at 1:23 in the video, there's a fucking fly on his arm. I can't imagine studying that hard in a shitty (pun intended) environment like India.
Never began. Only hope for the likes of him (or should I say us at this point) is betabuxxing post walls past our 30s kek and as if even.

Nah, maybe a century ago. English literature by now is just some retarded woke retards masquerading as professors.

All they know is some shit about 'post-colonial' theory, queering, feminism, and a half-baked version of Marxism which they learned from a textbook somewhere (bc reading Das Kapital would be too complicated for them.)

Foids can still take it, because foids have life on tutorial mode and it doesn't matter what they take. They could even take Gender Studies and land a cozy HR job. But for others it's not usually going to have any significant benefits. You might as well take engineering or compsci, although those fields are under scrutiny for lack of foids and 'toxic male culture,' so they'll probably try to weed out introverted males there too.

'Education' is worthless nowadays, and so is the boomer culture of 'aspiration,' expressing your talents and interests, or chasing dreams. Any fucking idiot foid is counted as 'educated' and given a degree nowadays, so realistically it doesn't confer that much status. It either leads to a stable, decent job or it doesn't, which should be people's focus when choosing a degree or trade.

Literature won't become a valuable field until the current professors are all removed and burned at the stake.

'post-colonial' theory, queering, feminism
Every academic field, basically.

(bc reading Das Kapital would be too complicated for them.)
Funny GIF

Foids can still take it, because foids have life on tutorial mode and it doesn't matter what they take. They could even take Gender Studies and land a cozy HR job. But for others it's not usually going to have any significant benefits. You might as well take engineering or compsci, although those fields are under scrutiny for lack of foids and 'toxic male culture,' so they'll probably try to weed out introverted males there too.
They don’t even have to study. Amazingly enough, they just take up more space and end up giving nothing in return. Most college students and university applicants are women, yet men are still the ones contributing the most. Whom are they going to blame it on now? Patriarchy? Who’s been the most fashionable/up to date boogyman lately? :lul:

'Education' is worthless nowadays, and so is the boomer culture of 'aspiration,' expressing your talents and interests, or chasing dreams. Any fucking idiot foid is counted as 'educated' and given a degree nowadays, so realistically it doesn't confer that much status. It either leads to a stable, decent job or it doesn't, which should be people's focus when choosing a degree or trade.
:yes::blackpill:

Honestly stemcels are fucked due to AI. Not a terrible career choice, teaching